View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB before ayahuasca

intricategeo

Greenlighter
Hello! I'm doing an ayahuasca retreat soon, and I have an occasion on which I'd like to do some 2CB about 6 days before the retreat begins. I typically follow dieta pretty closely for two weeks before an ayahuasca trip, and I'm wondering if doing 2CB this close to ayahuasca has the potential to inhibit my ayahuasca experience. I'm reasonably sure that my mind will be in the right place, but I'm wondering if chemically my body might not be back to normal.

I've seen information online that suggests that 6 days is barely enough to recover from MDMA prior to an ayahuasca trip, but I have yet to read any specific accounts on 2CB. Most retreat centers seem to advise not doing MDMA or 2CB 3-7 days prior to ayahuasca. I'm far from an expert on this stuff, but it seems the problem with MDMA is serotonin depletion, but I've read [conflicting] reports that 2CB does not deplete serotonin like MDMA. My apologies if I misunderstood what I read.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards not doing the 2CB just to be safe, but I'd love to hear input from someone more knowledgeable.

Thank you!

It's up to you really. If you do it seven days before the only real problem might be some residual tolerance...

The action of 2cb is unrelated to that of MDMA, it is a psychedelic in basically the same way as mushrooms, LSD, mescaline, DMT etc. It does not have any serotonin-releasing, or other empathogenic qualities like MDMA, it's a common misconception.

The only problem will be psychedelic tolerance which can last for 2 weeks, and whether or not the shift in your mindset provided by the 2cb will work against you in your ayahuasca experience. I personally wouldn't advise it.

Hey, thanks for the replies! Seems like the right move is to play it safe and not do the B. I've been loving 2CB recently, but my ayahuasca experiences are always way more meaningful, so I'm sure it will be worth it.

Thanks again. I'm a long time lurker but this was my first thread. This forum has been really informative for me.