• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

2C-C and 2C-D Marquis Reagent: Results

Reefers

Bluelighter
Here are my results for 2C-C and 2C-D tested with the marquis reagent. I went downstairs to make food and when I came back up, everything had already run to the left.... oh well, bot much changed anyways.

Just posting this for reference.

45sec.jpg

3minq.jpg

15min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... scary.

Maybe there's a slight difference with the reagent? His looks clear, and mine looks brownish to begin with.

Here, morninggloryseed reported that 2C-D was very faintly salmon-red at first, and changed to be very faint yellow.

Here, erowid says that 2C-D reacts to be "very light pink," and no reaction was reported for 2C-E.

Maybe the reverse is true for the alkanes compared to the halides... As potency increases for the halide 2c-x compounds, color change with the marquis becomes more pronounced as the compounds get lighter and less potent. With the alkanes, maybe the reaction becomes less pronounced as the carbon chains grow...

But what would explain such a large discrepancy with 2C-D, in particular?

Different substances, lighting, environment, and theres of course the chance the test got contaminated

Im just putting the link up there so people can find a more complete list of regent reactions, if other sources say 2C-D turns pink, then I bet that it turns pink

Cool, thanks. I did some thinking and I'd bet that a lot of the color change results have to do with how much substance was used also.

I actually used a good bit of 2C-C, which is probably why the reagent test turned so vividly green.

I feel confident enough with these results, I suppose. I have not yet sampled either chem.

Ah yes, the ammount of substance used deff has an effect on the reaction

4-FA for example has no reaction to the marquise with a low amount, and with a lot it turns a faint brown iirc

The results look good

i wish i knew the chemistry explanation as to why different chemicals change to what colours; and in knowing that maybe you could work out what colours they *should* change to before even doing the reaction

i wish i knew the chemistry explanation as to why different chemicals change to what colours; and in knowing that maybe you could work out what colours they *should* change to before even doing the reaction
I havent been able to find anything that talks about that... if someone knows where I can find this info Ill be very happy!!

BUT

most empathogenic RCs will turn yellow, types of speed will turn orangish brownish yellowish, MDxx turns dark purple/black, sometimes blue, and green usually means a 2C-X if im not mistaken, but they differ a ton in reactions, 4-HOs and 5-MeOs should have dark yellowish to the marquis, and redish brown to the mecke

I think it is usually due to the reagent forming an adduct with drugs, a sort of complex / combination of the two molecules that has an unusual electronic state in a formed bond. The electrons forming that bond are able to absorb lightwaves and emit them in a specific wavelenght that resonates with their own oscillation.

In the case of Ehrlich's reagent and indoles there is a one on one adduct formed by p-DMAB binding to the indole nucleus which is then oxidized to a certain product. I'd venture to say there is some double bond that is responsible for the coloration.

With reagent of Marquis it is a carbenium ion that is formed by one or two formaldehyde molecules being bound to for example a place on the aromatic ring of amphetamine. This (oxidation?) reaction is catalyzed by traces of heavy metal in the sulfuric acid. Here it is not a double bond but a carbocation that forms a sulfate salt solution in concentrated sulfuric acid, such compounds are usually intensely colored.

Trying to predict what kind of complex may be formed is one thing in organic chemistry but predicting the electronic state and the wavelength of the light that is emitted is quite another. I don't think it would be safe and responsible at all to take that approach, when you can just try to find a lab analyzed sample and simply test what color reaction it produces.

For ketamine Mandolin is used, but I don't quite think a lot of other dissociatives can easily be tested. Isn't cobalt thiocyanate or something like that not a possible option for PCP-like substances?

This should be moved to the Testing forum.