View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B dosing powder HBr salt

Fizzyhoow

Greenlighter
I recently got some pure 2C-B powder in the HBr salt form, 500mgs. Now I'm wondering if I should measure out 25mg as the standard dose and encapsulate that, or if I would have to take about double, since this is the salt form (HBr is even heavier than the usual HCl), or if the dosages usually listed on sites like Erowid are assuming this. I believe I read somewhere that the amount MDMA pills are tested for is usually given in freebase, so if you were to buy 1g of MDMA you'd have to take approximately double that of what you'd usually take when taking a pill (like 300mg if you'd normally want 150mg). Is this true and how would this apply to my 2C-B?

I also heard someone saying that snorting some salty water before snorting your 2C-B made the pain a lot more bearable, has anyone heard of this?

If I do have to end up taking 'double' I'll probably just snort my dosages since that's about 2x stronger.

I'm not sure about MDMA but 2C-B HBr is about 85% as potent as the HCl, so you'd have to take around 15% more than usual. You certainly won't have to double the dose, that would be too much (although still probably manageable with this particular chemical). I dosed 35mg of 2C-B HBr last week and that was plenty for the full experience, perhaps even more than some would want to take.

I don't see the point in snorting 2C-B, it has a short enough duration as it is and the faster onset and marginal increase in potency aren't worth the pain.

That the dose tested for is usually the freebase may be true (84% freebase in MDMA HCl , iirc), but that is NOT the same as saying that dosages listed on Erowid are for freebase, except maybe say DMT. That would be a little ridiculous since many people struggle with these maths if they are even aware of it, and nobody measures things like 2C-B as the freebase! If you must assume at all, indeed assume that compounds listed are HCl salts - and with compounds that almost always exist in some specific salt, reconsider of course. Err on the side of caution if unsure and if the scenarios differ too significantly.
If you are during the first trial compensating for salt weight a whole lot then IMO this is a clear sign you are not starting low and responsibly.

I agree: no point in snorting 2C-B, whichever salt form. Plug it, just take more orally etc, but snorting is just unnecessary violent unless you are a masochist.