• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol 2-methyl-2-butanol tastes horrible. I need a better way to get this stuff down.

bmclark

Greenlighter
2M2B, even when diluted in something like Coke or Ginger Ale, tastes horrible. I know that Tapioca maltodextrin is used as a dispersing agent or desiccant for fats and alcohols and I believe that it would work for 2M2B. Are there any better options for this sort of thing? Ideally, I want to dehydrate the stuff and put it into caps.

You can't "dehydrate" 2 methyl 2 butanol, there's no water to remove!

It's also gonna be impossible to remove the taste or smell... mixing starches or other shit will just increase the amount of stuff you have to consume.

It could be possible to add it to Gelatin capsules and take it that way. It'd be more than a few you'd have to swallow, but I recall a friend using this with GBL in the past, and having no problem with the capsule dissolving. (Although I could be thinking of a different formulation of gel caps) Or you could just bite the bullet and get it down as fast as possible and use a /strong/ chaser.

Measure it with a 10ml capacity borosilicate glass graduated cylinder. I mix 2ml to 6ml of 2m2bOH(2-methyl-2-butanol) with juice or water and add 10ml of vodka and put it in a glass cup and stir it with the graduated cylinder and chug it down quickly(it helps to cover your nose and/or focus on the mild mint taste part instead of the strong chemical taste part). Then have fun. You're just gonna have to bite the bullet! The small amount of vodka(ethanol. EtOH) helps the 2m2bOH(2-methyl-2-butanol) dissolve a little bit and also prevents chemical burps. Have fun! Use responsibly! %)

I found references in the archives that one RA is rectally. It seems possible to make suppositories out of a water-soluble polymer like poly(ethyleneglycol) & 2M2B. Miralaxis polyethylene glycol 3350 in powdered form & is available OTC. A small amount of water/2M2B could form a paste of that powdered material that could then be allowed to dry to form a soft solid shaped like a suppository.

Low cost kits for making your own suppositories are listed on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...sl_94cdruab0_b

Another, easier, alternative is to administer it in enema form. Fleet sells 2-pack enema bottles in pharmacies that are cheap. Unscrew the nozzle with the protective tip guard, empty the stuff out, then add 5-6 ml of 2M2B & 20-40 ml of water. Put the nozzle back on, get on all 4s on the floor, shake the enema bottle up & inject yourself anally. The bottles are tough plastic so you might have to add more water (not more 2M2B!) & repeat to get it all in. Sit on the can & hold it for as long as you can to let it get absiorbed into the lining of your colon.

Just use an 10ml oral syringe and rectally administer a 50% solution, that works for GHB/BDO.

Literature reference says it's only slightly soluble in water (8 parts) so I doubt you could prepare a 50% solution in H2O at RT. You could possibly get a near suspension if you shook it up or sonicated it with a vibrator just before administration. It would likely have greater solubility in 80 proof vodka & would be soluble in Everclear but I'd be concerned about burning a whole in your colon with that stuff. Everclear is also banned in a number of heavily populated states.

Regarding the question in another thread about vaping this stuff, lit ref says b.p. is 215.6 F. Apparently it does not easily eliminate H2O to get back to the methylbutenes so vaping with an e-cig seems doable though I've never used one so you're on your own with this. It would still taste & smell like camphor.

Last edited:
vaping with an e-cig seems doable

Doing the math, an e-cig doesn't deliver that much material to the user, maybe in the hundreds of mg but not more.