• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 2 grams of diphenhydramine

tr1ppyboy06

Greenlighter
I took 2 grams of diphenhydramine (benadryl), not in one sitting but I did about half a gram, 500mg, every 2 hours or so. Should I still be tripping after 4 days?

Also I was told that after 1gram of diphenhydramine that I should have died. Is this true?

1-2g of diphenhydramine shouldn't be lethal, I don't think, but also isn't really most people idea of a good time, and I have no idea about any health risks that may be associated with doses like that.

There have been times where in my youthful stupidity I ingested probably 1200mg of diphenhydramine a handful of times. Every single time I would get the most ridiculously severe RLS I've every felt and have hallucinations that were indistinguishable from reality. I'm talking flies that would land and my arm and I could feel them.

You shouldn't still be tripping, however you may be experiencing Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD). I have experienced this from diphenhydramine in the form of straight lines (corner of a room, for example) would waver and wiggle around. If you're experiencing visual disturbances 4 days later, this is likely your explanation.

Thank you that helps a lot. For me the hallucinations were scary like everyone says mostly because I just kept telling myself its the benadryl but what got me was how I still can't tell what was real or fake from my trip

Thank you that helps a lot. For me the hallucinations were scary like everyone says mostly because I just kept telling myself its the benadryl but what got me was how I still can't tell what was real or fake from my trip
I wouldn't worry about it brother, with time it will fade.

^^^ I can attest to this. Had some pretty serious HPPD-like symptoms for quite the while after first getting into MDMA and mushrooms (also accidentally dosed on diphenhydramine once) and they went completely away after some time. For me, they were amusing so I didn't mind and actually even remember enjoying it, but I can defo see how it could be unpleasant.

I reckon, especially if it's from a single experience, @tr1ppyboy06 , that it should resolve itself within weeks. Provided you don't keep fucking around with hallucinogenic drugs, of course.

I would agree with the 'several weeks' statement, especially with the caveat you provided.

There was a point in my life, probably 10-15 years ago, where I was using psychedelics/dxm + diphenhydramine combo(I don't recommend this at all)/high doses of adderall (150mg+)/the occasional RC multiple times a week. Like an "every other day I'm fucked up out of my mind" type deal, and I vivdly remember having more or less constant HPPD.

All it took was looking at a straight line; after a second it would start to wiggle.

Wood grain would flow like I was on a low dose of mushrooms. The little dots on the ceiling would flow, like a lazy river and I could control in which direction.

To this day, if I get really stoned, I can still make those little dots move, and with some effort I can change/reverse their movement.

All it took was looking at a straight line; after a second it would start to wiggle.

Wood grain would flow like I was on a low dose of mushrooms. The little dots on the ceiling would flow, like a lazy river and I could control in which direction.

To this day, if I get really stoned, I can still make those little dots move, and with some effort I can change/reverse their movement.

Yeah, good times. I thoroughly enjoyed my HPPD-lite. Had similar effects to yours as well as flashing sky in the morning, geometric shapes in neon colours popping up on the pavement, and flat sky and trees as if they were all cardboard cutouts.
I guess I enjoyed it because it didn't interfere with my daily life functioning, my schooling at the time, or my work and it sort of made existence a bit more interesting for a while because of the novelty of the visual effects.
It probably is a dangerous game to play though and I can imagine it become quite deleterious.

Dude please stop abusing Diphenhydramine. Especially if you're taking fucking multiple grams of this shit. Like dude.... come on. Stop. Just stop. Please stop.