Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2.5g of Psilocybin Cubensis - First time tripping

Zjesko

Bluelighter
Ever since I attended summerset music festival in August 2013, I've been fascinated with psychedelics. Seeing and hearing about these substances firsthand from people on them at the festival made me eager to see what it was like to experience the effects. After researching for months and months I finally came to the conclusion that a good entry into the psychedelic world would be through shrooms. And boy let me tell you, was I right.

It was a cold friday afternoon on January 10th, and I had just picked up a half-ounce of shrooms from one of my buddies that trips pretty often. They were vacuum sealed and looked pretty professionally prepared, with blue caps on many of the shrooms. I called up some of my closest friends in town since we were all back from college on winter break and told them the good news. The group to trip would be me, C, K, D, and T at D's house because his parents were gone for the weekend. We had been smoking at D's house all day and realized it would be the perfect place to trip because his father is equadorian and as a result their house is filled with all sorts of decorations from South American culture that we figured would be beautiful while tripping. We got all of our belongings ready for the experience, and headed back over to his house for a night we would never forget.

8:00p.m. T+00:00 : We all eat 2.0 grams to start off with, just to see where that will take us seeing as none of us had taken shrooms from this dealer before. I'm the only one out of the group that hasn't tripped before; C & D have both tripped once on a half 8th, but D appeared to have an immunity to the shrooms and felt no effects; K has tripped shrooms once and acid once; T has tripped many many times on all sorts of substances and sort of served as a trip sitter since he was the most experienced. Right after we ingest the shrooms all the other guys start smoking. I, however, decide to wait to smoke, because I wanted to see what the come up on shrooms was like by itself and didn't want to think I was tripping when I was merely just high.

T+00:30 We go into D's living room where we had the Dark side of Oz all setup and ready to play on his TV. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the wizard of Oz movie with the Dark Side of the moon album playing in the background (so there is no dialogue in the movie, just the music). We chose to watch this because we had heard that the lyrics and music of the album lined up perfectly with what was going on in the movie. I highly recommend this as something to do when tripping for anyone that hasn't done it before; the soundtrack was absolutely perfect for the movie! Right as a scene would change or the mood would swing the music would change as well, and lyrics in the songs matched up eerily well with what the characters were doing. As the movie went on we started to notice the effects setting in: brighter colors, much deeper thinking, etc. At this point we decide to pause the movie and go smoke more.

T+01:00 Back in the kitchen now and we're taking turns ripping the homemade grav-bong while a few pipes get passed around. I have my computer handy so I start playing some music off of it. This is when I really noticed the effects setting in. Every song sounded AMAZING and I felt so much more emotionally invested into the music. I was feeling the same vibes from it as if I was hearing the music live at a concert (one of the songs that sounded best on shrooms was "warrior peoples" by Nahko). D, T & K all eat another gram, so they're all at 3g's total now. Me and C eat half a gram each to finish off the 14g. D + T started playing a game of chess and we continued to smoke while watching their game and talking about childhood memories (seeing as we had all grown up together in a small town). I felt so attached to all of my friends at this point; it was almost like we were kids again. I was just so happy to be with all of them since we had been apart for so long at college. Every story we told seemed so funny yet so true at the same time, and everything each person said just made so much sense. It's hard to explain what I mean in words, but hopefully some of you know what I mean.

T+02:00 We head into D's basement to play some 2v2 pool; T was tripping pretty hard at this point and was just lying on the couch. This is when we noticed our first group visual. D has a light fixture hanging over his pool table, and the ring that the hue of light made on the table looked real and 3-dimensional. It was like there was a rainbow ring floating over the table, and we all saw this at the same time which was really astounding. About halfway through the game, C got a strong urge to just go upstairs for whatever reason. This was one of the weirdest things I noticed on shrooms that I didn't expect to feel: everyone would randomly get strong urges to do certain things for no apparent reason. So C ran upstairs and K follow shortly to go to the bathroom, so me and D finished off the game 1v1 and chilled for a bit.

T+02:30 Heading back upstairs T is feeling better, so the five of us decide to explore D’s house. We head to his dining room which is beautifully decorated with all sorts of fine china and a massive mahogany table. In this room is also a Christmas tree, which D turns on the lights for. Rights as the lights go on we all freeze in awe at how spectacular the lights looked. It’s not like the lights were moving around or forming visuals or anything crazy like that, but they just looked so amazing and perfect the way they were spread out throughout the tree. We made our way upstairs and entered into his sisters room. This marks my favorite part of the trip: D’s parents had their entire 2nd story painted by a professional painting contractor, and each room had a different scene painted on the walls and ceiling. His sisters room was a jungle, the bathroom was an ocean, his parents room was the beach and D’s room was a Safari. Not only were the paintings so finely detailed and colorful, but the decorations in the room and the things on desks/walls were so fitting for the environment that the room was painted to be; wooden animals such as giraffes, lizards and elephants painted in all sorts of exotic colors, decorative equadorian knives and swords that had tribal faces as the holsters, even golden Peruvian masks that hung from the walls. I could go on for days about all the amazing decorations that D has inside of his house, but they were so amazing because they reminded me of all the sorts of things people talk about seeing when they have breakthrough experiences (such as ancient mayan symbols and Aztecan deity’s leading them through other worlds).

T+3:30 After exploring for a good hour upstairs, we return to the first floor and decide to watch some Netflix. At this point things started to take a turn for the worse. K realized he had his car parked at a mcdonalds that was a quarter mile down the road, and was worried about it getting towed. He told us he wanted to leave and go move it, which ofcourse we all did not want him to do since he was tripping. He had taken acid a week before, and told us that his tolerance had caused him to already be coming down from the shrooms, so he wasn’t tripping anymore. We all continued to argue with him, and this caused a lot of tension within the group. But K wouldn’t budge on his reasoning, and finally he just left the house and went to move his car. He ended up just going home after he moved his car, which sort of hurt the group’s vibe and left us all worrying about him. D was having intense CEV’s, so he passed out on the couch; C was exhausted and had to work the next day so he decided to try and sleep. This left me and T as the last ones left.

T+4:00 We were getting tired so I went outside to get some booze from my car in hopes of waking us up a bit. Right as I walked out the door into the freezing cold, I felt such an amazing awe for the world that I didn’t want to go back inside. I felt this strange connection to everything outside, it was like I had finally come home after being gone for so long. I looked up at the stars and they looked spectacular. The moon was wonderful as well and just the feeling of the cold wind on my face was lovely. Being outside made me wish so badly that it was summer so we could’ve all tripped outside, because I could tell that it would be a much more magical experience. I eventually got the booze and came back inside, and we watched Tucker & Dale vs. evil. Since I was supplying booze for us, T constantly packed bowls throughout the portion of the movie. C couldn’t sleep and ended up staying up to smoke with us.

T+5:30 After the movie was over we all passed out and went to bed. In the morning I wokeup feeling a bit more tired than usual, but had no brain-frying feeling or any of those symptoms people talk about having after a psychedelic experience.

Summary: Overall I had a very positive experience from my first time tripping. Although I didn’t have any crazy visuals or a breakthrough experience, I felt much more connected to everything in the world and felt generally happier and more emotionally attached to everything. I also noticed I felt a great deal of empathy towards other people, especially when watching movies. I would imagine what it would be like to be in each individual’s position and try to picture what I would do if I were them. I’m hoping to trip again sometime soon, hopefully when it’s warmer out and can be outside. If you’ve made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read this novel of a trip report. All feedback, opinions and questions welcome :)

Thank you for sharing your trip report on your first time shrooms. I LOVE shrooms.

It gets a little cluttered at some points but I get the idea.

Two grams is a pretty good dose to take your first time. To experience a better shroom trip IME, consider shredding your shrooms up via weed-grinder, putting them in a small cup or small amount of citrus juice, orange juice works fine and then down it all in a few gulps, you can't even taste the shrooms and the come up is quicker and the trip is very noticable. Should give you better results. Oh and choose a better setting if you can, can't imagine the idea of being cooped up in a house for a shroom trip,. Like for me, I've taken them at rave festivals a number of times as an alternative party drug, I only recommend this for an experienced user.

Hey, I enjoy the indoor trips, some people dig it some don't. But yeah, higher doses can be much more intricate and rewarding at times. I like to make a smoothie with orange juice kinda like the poster before me.