• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

10 year opioid user and need surgery

FrankiesCloud

Bluelighter
Hi I've been on many different pain medications over the last ten year consistently and unfortunately need full mouth reconstruction surgery what my question is how much pain medication do I need to for the aftercare for something like this i take either 10mgs of oxymorphone ir or 8mgs of hydromorphone ir 3 times a day and that just not go into withdrawal it really has near no effect also ketamine 200mgs a day with that type of tolerance what should I get for the pain afterwords?

I've already in 2018 had Emergency surgery to remove 8 that were in very bad shape and had 3 massive Absences that they had to clean and they had to IV sedate me every 15 minutes all I got was 15mgs of morphine every 4 hours and that didn't cut it at all anyone have any recommendations?

You'll need to talk to whoever prescribes you your pain meds because your oral surgeon isn't going to write you any significant amount of pain meds.

I once broke my ankle while on 380mg of methadone and required extensive surgery to put it back together again (with brackets and screws). Ouch that hurt.

You'll need to talk to whoever prescribes you your pain meds because your oral surgeon isn't going to write you any significant amount of pain meds.

I once broke my ankle while on 380mg of methadone and required extensive surgery to put it back together again (with brackets and screws). Ouch
Okay but probably need fentanyl for the aftercare to manage the pain cause and if so what dose like would 100mcg do it or do I need atleat 200mcgs + fentanyl is the only opioid I haven't tried so am thinking that'd my best hope
I can take 30mgs of opana and nothing it's a real piss off
my current pain management guy is a real hard ass and wouldn't prescribed that il have to find a new doctor before I have the surgery and another quote with insurance the first estimated I got was $86,220 with out $172,000
I just don't want to be in any more pain than I am

Do you mean a 100mcg/hr fentanyl patch?

A few 100mcg/hr fentanyl patches (not all at the same time of course), with your current medication might do. 75mcg/hr patches might work too. Not sure who would write that for you though.

Do you mean a 100mcg/hr fentanyl patch?

A few 100mcg/hr fentanyl patches (not all at the same time of course), with your current medication might do. 75mcg/hr patches might work too. Not sure who would write that for you though.
I was thinking sublingual abstral my insurance covers it and it starts at 100mcgs a slip and goes higher if need so was thinking that i could get that
have you ever had fentanyl?

What dental work are you having done, exactly?? It is quite likely that if your current dental situation is very painful, once the work is done it will be significantly LESS painful because the problem will be fixed....know what I mean?
Also, none of us are professionals in pain med or dentistry so you really must speak to your professionals about this. Anything we say will be purely speculative and not really that helpful.....

Your DDS knows what pain meds you are receiving from your primary. I would be very surprised if your DDS prescribes anything at all. If you are prescribed Dilaudid, opana and ketamine I am pretty sure your DDS will assume you have plenty of pain relieving meds to address the issue.