• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Cocaine v.s. Amphetamines.

MedicinalUser247

Bluelighter
I was thinking about Cocaine v.s. Amphetamines. I don't know what the deal is about Cocaine's effect v.s. Amphetamine's effect ? I tried Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine, but they just don't hit the spot. But for some reason I get more euphoria off of drugs such as Cocaine and Methylphenidate. Do you know why that is ?

I was thinking about Cocaine v.s. Amphetamines. I don't know what the deal is about Cocaine's effect v.s. Amphetamine's effect ? I tried Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine, but they just don't hit the spot. But for some reason I get more euphoria off of drugs such as Cocaine and Methylphenidate. Do you know why that is ?
One can draw some general similarities about how stims feel but there is also differences in everyone's personal chemistry as well as personality nuances that may affect one's experience and therefore one's preference.

Interesting. Don't you have strong effects or you just don't care about them? Do you mean more cognitive or physical euphoria.

I consider amphetamine much, much, much more euphoric physically than methylphenidate, but methylphenidate can be more interesting because it is more adrenergic. Amphetamines can make me feel just so level-headed, when compared.

Cocaine then has the physical and cognitive euphoria and level-headedness and adrenergic effects. And very clear serotonergic effects.

I'd have to say both cognitive and physical euphoria with Methylphenidate and Cocaine. Amphetamines just feel more stimulating to me with less euphoria.

Yeah... I just don't understand why Amphetamines don't really get me high. Of coarse I've never tried Meth. How's Meth compared to other Amphetamines ?

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and Cocaine are nearly identical in their MOA… both being classified as “Inverse Agonists” at DAT/NET/SERT, blocking the reuptake of these monoamines, but also causing their release / increase

Ritalin ED50 effective dose to inhibit 50% of dopamine transporters (required to induce euphoria) is half that than Cocaine….so Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is approximately 2X more potent than Cocaine.

Cocaine users given both drugs under double blind placebo controlled tests could NOT differentiate the difference between which drug they received.

I have a script for Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and it made me feel AMAZING……true euphoria. The only 2 drugs in my entire life to give me true euphoric bliss were oral Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) …..both releasing dopamine in the CNS pleasure centre….I felt warm & fuzzy, overly happy and a social butterfly, talking to anyone with genuine happiness and warmth….Fuuuuuuuck…..if I was totally naive again, Oxycodone & Ritalin in same oral cocktail lol, 45min to 1h I would be in Euphoric Bliss :)

it is strange, i have rx for Concerta 72mg which is methyphenidate and it is now better in stim rush than amphetamines as in Tunnel vision or laser focus

but before amphetamines were better in that I suppose serotogenic maybe and less pronounced crash.

These days amphetamines are hard to find pure here in southeast EU, but i had plug for some generic dextroamph as addys which were meth when we tested it later as duration and euphoria were higher so yeah

only thing with methylphenidate is Zombie apathy mode that i don't like but in that it is better than cocaine, Cocaine is also not pure and when it was duration and intense rush would make my stomach ill.

so I'm waiting for Elvanse(lisdexamphetamine) to be possible to import from Germany when Croatia puts it on the med list or when someone or something like institution-private clinic or hospital import it as my psych that did gave me Rx for Elvanse 50mg as 70mg but no pharmacy wanted to import it first for one guy!

Pure amphetamines in my case are always better cognitively and my ADD symptoms are non-existant with em as I had and have experience with stims, will always be better than NDRI-s and DRI-s....Cocaine is only good when I drank 20 scotches, on weddings!

Yeah... I just don't understand why Amphetamines don't really get me high. Of coarse I've never tried Meth. How's Meth compared to other Amphetamines ?

Amphetamines get me "high", but no comparison to good, clean meth.

Meth feels like an amphetamine high with a continual strong dose of cocaine throughout. Same high but infinitely more euphoric.

It's difficult for me to come up with a comparison. It's about the difference between codeine and heroin.

I still don't understand why meth isn't bigger in Europe.

Amphetamines get me "high", but no comparison to good, clean meth.

Meth feels like an amphetamine high with a continual strong dose of cocaine throughout. Same high but infinitely more euphoric.

It's difficult for me to come up with a comparison. It's about the difference between codeine and heroin.

I still don't understand why meth isn't bigger in Europe.
Im spanish and never had meth. Too dificult to have it here!! Speed paste is very common. Id love to have meth. I DONT know why meth dont rise here...anybody knows it?

Meth in the states back in 2000’s was the shit. Not the yellow crap but big clear crystals. I haven’t touched the stuff since like 2006 and now I heard that it’s totally different from the old meth because of the ban on certain substances that are used to make it. That shit will get you hooked in no time. Meth and amphetamines totally different high. Yet share similarities. On meth, you really can’t look normal, you look high af. I’d say the same with amphetamines but slightly different. On the other hand, on cocaine, you can look pretty normal with moderate usage (in my personal experience anyways.) all three are stimulants and if you don’t have any benzos around, gotta watch out and take it easy.

Last edited:
Yes, I only wish I could try hi purity, clean AF d-Methamphetamine. Even pharmaceutical Desoxyn (d-Meth)

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) isn’t all that good. Pro-drug takes 3h to reach peak serum levels of d-Amphetamine. Vyvanse 20mg capsule = 5.9mg Dexedrine

Adderall XR 30mg capsules were Great. 75% dextro / 25% levo - Amazing amphetamine medication. Essentially identical to Biphetamine in the 1950’s aka “Black Beauty’s“ Biphetamine 20mg black capsule

Dexedrine 5mg IR / Dexedrine Spansule 15mg XR are highly sought after for good reason. Clean d-Amph fast onset.

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) & Focalin (d-MPH) are fast acting lasting 3-4h Amazingly Euphoric & pleasurable. I’ve had Methylphenidate scripts for over 10 years. Probably the safes, cleanest, most enjoyable/euphoric dopaminergic stimulant ever. Safe enough for a small school boy. CIBA Pharmacuticals marketed Ritalin since the 1950’s as an antidepressant and mild stimulant, unrelated to the Amphetamines.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) & Phenmetrazine (Preludin) were HIGHLY sought after by hi dose I.V. injection users for their immensely euphoric rush that was even preferred over intravenous Methamphetamine (Phenmetrazine was) and diverted pure pharmaceutical API powder was frequently available in the black market. Both Ritalin & Preludin are Extremely euphoric & pleasurable via intravenous injection.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) & Oxycodone (Oxy-IR) were the only 2 drugs to ever give me true euphoria in my entire lifetime. Powerful, overwhelmingly pleasurable, dopaminergic / opioid euphoria. Feeling immense inner joy & pleasurable, smiling, social butterfly, chatting anyone up, energetic, increased vigilance & drive, improved spirits & zest for living. The Ultimate antidepressant combo. Oral Speedball lol …. Ritalin & Oxycodone :)

Yes, I only wish I could try hi purity, clean AF d-Methamphetamine. Even pharmaceutical Desoxyn (d-Meth)

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) isn’t all that good. Pro-drug takes 3h to reach peak serum levels of d-Amphetamine. Vyvanse 20mg capsule = 5.9mg Dexedrine

Adderall XR 30mg capsules were Great. 75% dextro / 25% levo - Amazing amphetamine medication. Essentially identical to Biphetamine in the 1950’s aka “Black Beauty’s“ Biphetamine 20mg black capsule

Dexedrine 5mg IR / Dexedrine Spansule 15mg XR are highly sought after for good reason. Clean d-Amph fast onset.

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) & Focalin (d-MPH) are fast acting lasting 3-4h Amazingly Euphoric & pleasurable. I’ve had Methylphenidate scripts for over 10 years. Probably the safes, cleanest, most enjoyable/euphoric dopaminergic stimulant ever. Safe enough for a small school boy. CIBA Pharmacuticals marketed Ritalin since the 1950’s as an antidepressant and mild stimulant, unrelated to the Amphetamines.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) & Phenmetrazine (Preludin) were HIGHLY sought after by hi dose I.V. injection users for their immensely euphoric rush that was even preferred over intravenous Methamphetamine (Phenmetrazine was) and diverted pure pharmaceutical API powder was frequently available in the black market. Both Ritalin & Preludin are Extremely euphoric & pleasurable via intravenous injection.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) & Oxycodone (Oxy-IR) were the only 2 drugs to ever give me true euphoria in my entire lifetime. Powerful, overwhelmingly pleasurable, dopaminergic / opioid euphoria. Feeling immense inner joy & pleasurable, smiling, social butterfly, chatting anyone up, energetic, increased vigilance & drive, improved spirits & zest for living. The Ultimate antidepressant combo. Oral Speedball lol …. Ritalin & Oxycodone :)
Thanks for this express master class. I will show you how many amphetamine meds were in de 80s. I have an old book of pharmacy. I will show you some pics

I'd have to say both cognitive and physical euphoria with Methylphenidate and Cocaine. Amphetamines just feel more stimulating to me with less euphoria.

I tend to agree.

I find cocaine to be more like, puff out my chest, play social ping-pong spitting words out fast, and always looking for more.

Obviously amphetamines are longer lasting and in my opinion I am less clouded with clout which enables me to have more control over my next activity.

However.. meth is sort of the "best" of both worlds. You'll feel confident like on coke, and have the long effect (extremely long) and incredibly stimulation.

But.. my friend.. assuming you even get good meth which is hard, if you ever do, it's so uniquely encapsulating that in my opinion you have less control. Like you will become focused on something, and that thing may not be the best thing for you.