• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Oneirogens, Drugs that induce a dream like state.

MedicinalUser247

Bluelighter
There are many oneirogens out there which induce a dream like state. One in particular is ibogaine which is both a psychedelic and Dissociative. Others include Dissociative Anesthetics and mildly seen in the effects of Marijuana. I find this class of drugs interesting. Especially Ibogaine. In which the active molecule 12-methoxyibogamine is found. I was just wondering if molecules such as 12-methoxyibogamine can be easily made in a lab or whether it's more complex than that. Because it's hard to obtain Ibogaine as far as what I've heard. Also, what other classes of drugs do you know of that are also Oneirogens ? And do you think there's a way of making a safer analog of 12-methoxyibogamine ? Sense Ibogaine it self has been know to be cardio toxic. And if you know about any piticular Oneirogens of interest that you know of go ahead and post them. Thanks.

Well... I want to add a little more to the topic. This is just a basic poll. Are you a person that feels more underwater or do you feel more like your in outerspace when your tripping ? I know I'm starting to get off topic, but I just wanted to add another question based on this do you feel like your in a dream topic.

Oneirogens don't induce a dream like state, they are alleged to actively enhance dreaming. Most psychedelics or dissociatives create a sense of unreality reminiscent of dreaming, but that's a different thing entirely.

Have a look through PD, there is a recentish thread on the subject. But if you want to immediately increase vividness and intensity of dreams, slap on a nicotine patch before bed.

I'm not an expert in pharmacology or chemistry, but the synthesis of molecules like 12-methoxyibogamine would likely require specialized knowledge in organic chemistry, access to controlled precursors, and specialized lab equipment. Ibogaine and its analogs are substances that, due to their potential psychoactive effects, are subject to legal restrictions in many countries. Therefore, any attempt to synthesize such compounds should be done in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and ideally under the guidance of qualified experts.

It's important to note that ibogaine is an indole alkaloid that comes from the Tabernanthe iboga plant, which is native to Central West Africa. The molecule is structurally complex and requires multiple steps to synthesize from basic starting materials. Additionally, it's known for its powerful psychoactive properties and potential cardiotoxicity, which makes it a substance that should be approached with caution.

Other Oneirogens:
  • Silene capensis: Also known as African dream root, it's said to induce vivid dreams.
  • Calea zacatechichi: Also known as the dream herb, it's used traditionally by indigenous peoples in Mexico.
  • Mugwort: This plant is believed to have dream-enhancing effects.
  • Galantamine: A medication used primarily for Alzheimer's, but it has found off-label use for inducing lucid dreams.
Safer Analog:

Creating a safer analog of a compound like ibogaine would be a significant scientific challenge requiring extensive research. Any new molecule would need to undergo rigorous testing for efficacy, safety, and toxicity, including both animal and human clinical trials. This is a long, expensive process that would likely require the involvement of a multidisciplinary team including chemists, pharmacologists, and medical doctors.

Oneirogens don't induce a dream like state, they are alleged to actively enhance dreaming. Most psychedelics or dissociatives create a sense of unreality reminiscent of dreaming, but that's a different thing entirely.

Have a look through PD, there is a recentish thread on the subject. But if you want to immediately increase vividness and intensity of dreams, slap on a nicotine patch before bed.
Ok... In that case.. What is the medical term for being in a "Dream like state" ?

Seroquel causes very vivid dreams. It also causes nice dreams for many people who suffer from nightmares. It’s a nasty drug but trying it once for such a use is probably ok for most people.

Atropine/scolopamine containing plants also cause very vivid and often strange dreams. Again, ain’t something you want to use much beyond trying it out in small dose.

Seroquel causes very vivid dreams. It also causes nice dreams for many people who suffer from nightmares. It’s a nasty drug but trying it once for such a use is probably ok for most people.

Atropine/scolopamine containing plants also cause very vivid and often strange dreams. Again, ain’t something you want to use much beyond trying it out in small dose.
I'm not talking about dreams. I'm talking about feeling like your in a dream.