• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

quetiapine

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
I'm considering starting to use quetiapine to treat paranoia and psychotic thoughts, I also need something to help me to stop smoking weed. I am thinking of low doses of 12.5 to 25 mg. I'm concerned about side effects, especially extrapyramidal (tremors) and loss of libido. I'm seeking opinions from users about the side effects.

I 've used it occasionally on those doses for insomnia and manic episodes. I could not observe any issues. It might not be particularly healthy but I guess it did not cause me issues. Nowadays I prefer mirtazapine.

Ive used low doses of 25mg on and off over the years to help me get to sleep when going through insomnia. The only side effects I noticed was a bit of brain fog in the morning and a slight lack of motivation.

I'm considering starting to use quetiapine to treat paranoia and psychotic thoughts, I also need something to help me to stop smoking weed. I am thinking of low doses of 12.5 to 25 mg. I'm concerned about side effects, especially extrapyramidal (tremors) and loss of libido. I'm seeking opinions from users about the side effects.
For me, it was extremely useful for coke comedowns. My wife had a lil bit of insomnia and that Nobel Prize of her shrink put her on Quietapine, so she had the opposite problem, was sleeping like 16-17 hours per day minimum, so it really depends I guess. But anyway are u self medicating ? I m not a big fan of shrinks myself but maybe treating paranoia and intrusive thoughts is not something to do on your own....
PS vc é brasileiro ?

SSRIs were turning me slowly into a zombie. Quetiapine finished to job in two weeks. But I know of two people who actually suffer from psychosis and got better with it, at least for some time. Eventually they changed to something else.

Take it at night, but sleep when you start getting tired. Also it tends to make people crazy hungry, and frequent users of Seroquel tend to gain weight.

I take 50mg when I feel mania or dissociation coming on and it solves it fairly quickly. I take 25mg if I’m using it for sleep. I try to avoid taking it so much, it will leave you so groggy.

Also, at low doses are when it’s antihistamine properties are the strongest, so cutting your pill in half or even a quarter will put you to sleep faster. But you won’t get any of the antipsychotic benefits at low doses.

On a side note (if this applies to you) sleep deprivation and Seroquel are not good together. It’s a great tool for a comedown, but just sleep after you take it. Everytime I’ve been up for a couple of days and taken it, and not slept, I consistently go bonkers. Some of the weirdest nights of my life.

As inducer of sleep it suck's at 25 mg, at least if your insomniac. Ime Weed even does a better job.
The list of side effect's of Quiatiapine shocked me for a casual off label use (your dr. seems also to follow that path kill a Mosquito with a sledgehammer), so long term rather not. Btw a anti-psychotic/ Schizophrenic dose is more like 200/ 300 mg. 25 is for most merely a sedating dirty anti-histamine unlike Mirtazepine. Which at 7.5/ 15 mg does the same, anti-histaminergic and but with out tickling almost any receptor system.

"5-HT2 receptor
Antagonism of the 5-HT2 subfamily of receptors and inverse agonism of the 5-HT2C receptor appears to be in part responsible for mirtazapine's efficacy in the treatment of depressive states.[97][98] Mirtazapine increases dopamine release in the prefrontal cortex.[99][100] Accordingly, it was shown that by blocking the α2-adrenergic receptors and 5-HT2C receptors mirtazapine disinhibited dopamine and norepinephrine activity in these areas in rats.[100] In addition, mirtazapine's antagonism of 5-HT2A receptors has beneficial effects on anxiety, sleep and appetite, as well as sexual function regarding the latter receptor."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirtazapine#

Recent research from Gregory Giordano showed that CBD dominant Weed (24% CBD/ 1% THC).
-Had anti-anxiety and anti-tension effects on the particepent's.
-The CBD strain also lowered the ammount of paranoia, which the other 2 group's didn't get (24% THC/ 1% CBD) and (12% THC/ 12% CBD).

-In Mexico a Elephant called Nidia had serious inflammation in all her feet, the care keeper's where desparate. But the vet contacted Mish Castillo from ICAN Vet's. Who cured here with CBD, within 5 week's she gained 250 kg!

Btw. congretulation's to my neighbour's/ tourist's, Germany just became the 2nd EU land to legalize Cannabis for recreational use, as of april the 1-st 2024. Malta being the first in end 2021. Who's next?

Last edited: