Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v. 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but I don’t usually use cannabis only on occasions. It returned right after invega , and after my use with Abilify I think it returned like a year later if I remember correctly and after Risperdal I noticed it returned about a month or so after I got off. At first I couldn’t notice it but last time I got relaxed and everything. Do you not feel it at all? Or is it just different?
I don’t feel anything at all currently, it’s been 2 months. was that the same for you?

Did anyone return to there starting physique? Recoveryinprogress you said you lost all the weight so are you skinny and back to your normal state?

He said it and implied it many times.
Quote it. I only saw he said "if you have zero improvement for 2.5 years it's probably permanent", which isn't unrealistic thinking. Being 2.5 years with zero improvements would be like being tortured for eons in deepest of hell.

I started having very tiny improvements since 2 months off.

only thing i’ll add is my memory is still pretty fucked up
I'm sorry for making this weird question but can you cry? I'm asking bcuz my ability to cry became very weak.
not quite there yet, but i had issues with that before invega.

lil update: been off of invega for about 13 months now, im recovering pretty well. I can hold conversation & make jokes almost like i used to be able to.

since i got off of invega ive ran 2 gaming communities through discord, both fairly large, 1400 ppl and 1500 ppl. im still involved in 1, but ive stepped down from my management position (i managed the large staff team & did a ton of community related stuff).

back in march i met a girl that i really care about on one of those gaming communities. we talk a ton, everyday, either on video calls, or just audio. it made me nervous at first because ive never done long distance, but we’ve been officially dating for almost a month, & we’re planning on her flying to visit in October.

but yeah, overall, im recovering pretty well. i didnt think i’d ever have my sense of humor, or emotions, or the ability to love back, but here they are again. keep pushing guys, you can recover. after like 2 years of wasting time at home, im going back to school, ive got a car again, & ive been reconnecting with friends, & i hope this is just the beginning.

edit: i do wanna add that things still arent 100%, my memory is still not great, & i still have the weight ive gained, but i recently started putting effort into losing that weight.
Why you say you've been 2 years at home if you are off invega from 13 months? How many injections did you have before you stopped?

I don’t feel anything at all currently, it’s been 2 months. was that the same for you?
Yeah it took awhile but I eventually was able to feel more of an effect from it

Did anyone return to their starting physique? Recoveryinprogress you said you lost all the weight so are you skinny and back to your normal state?
I gained weight from Risperdal which I’ve been slowly losing. I’m not where I want to be yet though, no

Why you say you've been 2 years at home if you are off invega from 13 months? How many injections did you have before you stopped?
well i had my severe manic episode that prompted the invega prescription in 2021, was on invega for 7 or 8 months, & have now been off of it for 13 months now. this is all ballpark due to the fact that my memory is pretty fuzzy when it comes to timelines though.

well i had my severe manic episode that prompted the invega prescription in 2021, was on invega for 7 or 8 months, & have now been off of it for 13 months now. this is all ballpark due to the fact that my memory is pretty fuzzy when it comes to timelines though.
Do you think INvega has helped you with ur mania or prevent future episodes?

Zoloft is 100% helping me get brief windows that feel like I’m getting out of the darkness. So does coffee , at around day 80 since my first two loading doses. Just sharing anecdotal evidence to not give up. I’ve spent a lot of time doing research on this forum from the very first thread. I click on most people’s profiles to see their progress and it shows that recovery is the norm and not the exception. I’m almost positive if we created an excel sheet on each profile and progress people would see that this is the case. There is just way too much black and white thinking on this forum , along with fear mongering. Let’s continue to stay positive and rationally optimistic , the numbers tell the story here.

6 Month Update
Some highlights were I have been able to enjoy certain days but for some reason had been in a funk like depressed feeling ever since having a good day and have slacked off my normal routine , hence I didn’t lose any weight this month at all, just stayed the same. I’m not sure what’s been hindering my motivation really but I’m hoping to stay more motivated this month and lose weight and get back on track.

There is just way too much black and white thinking on this forum , along with fear mongering. Let’s continue to stay positive and rationally optimistic , the numbers tell the story here.
I can understand people venting negative feelings. I’m just concerned that some people are hindering their own progress by being constantly negative. They’re probably like that in general and it didn’t start with invega. Probably why they got mental health issues to begin with.

I hope we can all spend some time reflecting over our choices and feelings that landed us in this mess.

I had a few people leave my life after my episodes, and I can't particularly blame them, but it can really hurt all the same. You just have to treat it like processing grief, I think.
I also burned a few bridges during psychosis. All I can do is try to explain my situation and illness, ask for forgiveness or just let go. I was in a darker place during psychosis than I am now.

The thought of these side effects being permanent is terrifying. But from what I can see, everybody recovers. An exception being @dirtyinvega, but I honestly don’t believe him when he says he hasn’t recovered.

This is one of his most recent posts when asked about side effects 6 years later:

«Fatigue, stiffness of muscles to some degree, sleep don't feel well rested when I wake up, still can't feel nicotine fully although if i vape those single use ones that are 50mg nicotine salts I get head spins, mood. Kinda feels like Melancholic depression but at least it's no near as close to 6 years ago I have always thought that invega damage is kinda like Parkinson's disease.»

These aren’t necessarily side effects of invega and can be due to various reasons. The nicotine thing could be about tolerance, people who have smoked regularly for a long time don’t feel a buzz just crave nicotine. Seems to me like he recovered for the most part.

The thought of these side effects being permanent is terrifying. But from what I can see, everybody recovers. An exception being @dirtyinvega, but I honestly don’t believe him when he says he hasn’t recovered.

This is one of his most recent posts when asked about side effects 6 years later:

«Fatigue, stiffness of muscles to some degree, sleep don't feel well rested when I wake up, still can't feel nicotine fully although if i vape those single use ones that are 50mg nicotine salts I get head spins, mood. Kinda feels like Melancholic depression but at least it's no near as close to 6 years ago I have always thought that invega damage is kinda like Parkinson's disease.»

These aren’t necessarily side effects of invega and can be due to various reasons. The nicotine thing could be about tolerance, people who have smoked regularly for a long time don’t feel a buzz just crave nicotine. Seems to me like he recovered for the most part.
I dont think Invega is a strong enough Antipyschotic to cause permanent side effects compared to old typical AP's.

I feel like we need to define some measurable standards when it comes to recovery. Imo, sexual dysfunction and substances like alcohol or weed are the easy to measure, even though I don’t recommend doing drugs or drinking. It’s a way to gauge recovery.

Anhedonia or blank mind are more difficult to measure, because it’s psychological. Also, I think the physical side effects recover alot quicker.

Furthermore, I think we should make a list ranking which side effects last longer and the severity of each one relative to the other. For example, anhedonia would get a top score of 10 on the severity scale, whereas weight gain would be a 5.

I think this would be useful assuming we could agree, I know everybody’s experience is different. Would probably be alot of work though. It’s just a thought, given that the official side effect list is lacking.

Could be a good step for being heard by society so they can pull this drug off the market. We could at least make a list of the side effects we ALL have in common, I know this varies alot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.