View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd with/without cannabis

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
I usually Always indulge cannabis when taking lsd.
But when ive been tripping without it i can handle way more lsd.
For example at anything above 200ug is riscy if i plan to smoke something potent.

But if i dont smoke then 3-400ug of lsd is quite manageable, dont missunderstand me.
Im tripping balls on this all Night.
But paranoia is under control and i feel safe.

But if i smoke esp a potent sativa a lower dose of lsd can put me in all Kinds of weird loops.

Maybe the old hippies took more acid cause their weed was weaker then ours.

Me, too! I have had cannabis daily (for over 30 years), but not on days when I drop tabs. Even microdoses get that weird anxiety and I get more body effects when combining. I make sure the weed is wearing off before I take a lysergamide now.

The first time I completely lost the plot and had a psychotic break (coming a little too close to killing myself for my liking) was smoking weed during the post-comedown / afterglow of a probably 100-150ug trip, and the experience semi-permanently rewired me with a predisposition toward delusional paranoia. Never happened before in 15+ years of tripping and polydrug abuse. I wasn't hitting the acid hard, maybe 100-200ug a month for a few months. No stims no booze no benzos for years. Two+ years later I still have waves come and go and tripping is a huge gamble. The only other chemical variable is that I started regular K use around that same time, but hadn't had any for a week or two prior, including the day of the trip... still, I think generally K unseats mental health a bit and permanently alters the brain, so it likely influenced my general mental state and susceptibility. The weed was the the immediate trigger 100% though, the trip itself was great until then.

Tons of people also love LSD and mushrooms with weed, sometimes someone just gets a bad roll. Too bad.
i smoked a entire joint on the peak of 500 ug and a complete psychotic break from this reality. The visuals and reality i went to were beyond DMT k holes anything. The first thing that happened totally going out of my body into a fractal hyperspace and this 7th dimesional creature of geometic fractals floats by my awareness turns and looks at me and says "welcome to hyperspace your on drugs!" utter confusion extreme screaming even though i had no body i thought i was dead in hell forever met the devil, shiva, bart Simpson died millions of times over. Everything was beyond words the visuals everything before i got snapped back to reality by my trip sitter. I was screaming outside for over a period of 10 minutes about satan managed to get out of the street before cops and stuff came. Many many people saw me from the apartment blocks etc. But by the grace of a higher being i did not get arrested or anything. I had to fight through 8 hours of peaking in a infinite hell that even antipsychotics did not stop. The most pain i have ever felt. a total hyperslap and forever rewired my brain and trips. Cannabis gives me bad trips on nearly ever LSD trip after that one. Before then i use to smoke heaps on trips and be fine.

Weed + psychedelics = paranoia (maybe even psychosis)

that’s all just my experience though, youre mileage may vary

Hash usually works fine for me while tripping.
I suspect traditional kinds are from landraces with more cbd and generally more stoning then high and jittery.
But its the high grade bud thats a gamble.

Sometimes its really nice and just relaxes me while intensifying the lsd.
But other times it just brings the paranoia like crazy.

it was way too strong back then
hunter talks about 500 and 1500 mic doses
when 150 mics gives level 4 trip then max is 200 or 250 mics

I used to think cannabis and LSD-25 went hand-in-hand like a cigarette with beer. Then I stopped doing both, but returned to acid a year ago. All of my acid experiences are vanilla these days.

Last edited:
it feels brighter and cleaner without the dope, but some hash makes it very interesting, darker and cozier.
I love the weird muddy, cloudy feeling strong cannabis lends to LSD.

It's like being enveloped in thick heavy mist/fog

Never the Twain shall meet...

(Until you're coming down)

Last edited:
I always needed weed. You really don't start tripping until you smoke some weed.

Any trip I have had without weed would of been disappointing. I do remember one time specifically we were tripping and just had some of this fake hash (I have no idea what it was to be honest). We finally got real weed in the morning, but was too late. Was a pretty lame trip.

I always needed weed. You really don't start tripping until you smoke some weed.

Any trip I have had without weed would of been disappointing. I do remember one time specifically we were tripping and just had some of this fake hash (I have no idea what it was to be honest). We finally got real weed in the morning, but was too late. Was a pretty lame trip.

You needed some better acid then mate ;)

Nah, these were all blotters and sugar cubes from the 90's early 2000's. Once the gel tabs started coming around was when acid started to go to shit. Maybe it was my tolerance by that time.

Would still feel it. You would get the standard breathing visuals. But to really start seeing morphing and real visuals, weed was a must. Any time I had some crazy visuals that I didn't believe was happening (like a tree start walking or something LOL)...was always after smoking.

I think there is truth to this too. Weed these days is insanely potent. Wonder whats going to happen in another 10-15 years. I get serious light disturbances just off weed alone. Could not imagine mixing it with lsd. I would no doubt smoke if I took lsd, but would certainly regret it.

That's actually a very good point. I dont think I've taken LSD since the turn of the century and the majority of the cannabis in the UK before then was hashish which was more sedating than it was trippy. Smoking this often used to dull my trips and lock me into paranoid thought loops.

I dread to think what the modern batshit mental weed would do to me on an acid trip now...

Nah, these were all blotters and sugar cubes from the 90's early 2000's. Once the gel tabs started coming around was when acid started to go to shit. Maybe it was my tolerance by that time.

Would still feel it. You would get the standard breathing visuals. But to really start seeing morphing and real visuals, weed was a must. Any time I had some crazy visuals that I didn't believe was happening (like a tree start walking or something LOL)...was always after smoking.
remember the average blotter was 35 ug in the 90's analyzed in DEA labs. its eaiser to get stronger tabs now. One hit of my stash will have the trees bending over dancing with no weed objects totally melting and reforming into different things ability to see through your own hands. Half a tab induces strong oevs still. any decent 100 ug hit will induce a full blown trip. Thats why i avoid smoking now. But in the days of street acid and hits that would not give me much visuals at all i had to smoke weed aswell. But on these hits these modern days smoking is playing russian roulette

Once the gel tabs started coming around was when acid started to go to shit
Um . . . not here. Again, it all depends on what's on the blotter, or at least how much. I'm with @TripSitterNZ on this one; the WoW I was handling in the early 90s, right up to the 2000s was absolutely off the planet. Yet, I was able to smoke weed (crazy Okanagan stuff) while on it, back then. Now, it's just too overwhelming for me.

But I used to dig the misty/foggy trips with weed. Now, for me, it's only on the comedown - in the magical 8th hour. Especially cool if it's 7am, and I'm vaping in the sunrise!
I'm just gettin' old is all.

As an afterthought, if I take enough weed in say, a Bhang or a Firecracker, I'll be seeing patterns and breathing at the level of about 70mcg of LSD. But it's mucho expensive that way - I'm talking about putting 1/4 ounce into a Bhang cook, or an ounce into a batch of brownies. That way, you only need a cubic inch of brownie, or a shot of Bhang. Problem is, I get hungry, and eat more and/or drink more Bhang. Then, it's game over for a few hours, until I can see and think again.
So, if one takes enough of either, it should result in a trip at the level of intensity one should be after. I guess combos are more interesting, though!!! I just avoid now until well after the peak. I combo'd last time with ETH-LAD and it KICKED MY ASS so completely, that I did the "oh please let this end, I'll be good in the future" prayer.

Back to topic; combos are to be tried and enjoyed, until they aren't. One learns what one likes/handles well, and we're all slightly different.