• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are humans made to naturally eat meat

Last edited:
Well I dunno but from where I sit being vegan sure does produce a fine piece of meat! :ROFLMAO:

I like Arch Enemy

Skinny Puppy is all about animal rights too

i put a picture up of Ogre from Skinny Puppy because that's what this thread reminded me of but some know-it-all shitbag mod thought they knew more and deleted it because they didn't get the reference i was pointing to

From the Happy Eggs + Happy Birds page (seems very left wing liberal democrat to me) (no pun intended)! :ROFLMAO:

"THE FIVE FREEDOMS
Freedom is key to being a happy, healthy hen. So we happily uphold the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare, globally recognized as the key elements of animal welfare humans can control.

FREEDOM FROM HUNGER & THIRST
Our hens have easy access to fresh, clean water and an exceptionally nutritious diet for full health and vigor.

FREEDOM FROM DISCOMFORT
They enjoy safe, comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces that promote both activity and rest.

FREEDOM FROM FEAR & DISTRESS
Their surroundings balance light, warmth and protection to create a natural, calm environment.

FREEDOM TO ACT NATURALLY
They’re free to roam, perch, play dust-bathe and simply be themselves on over eight acres of varied terrain.

FREEDOM FROM PAIN, INJURY AND DISEASE
We monitor each farm’s air and water quality and diligently maintain the health of every hen.

PLENTY OF ROOM TO ROAM
Our hens meander freely over eight acres of lush farmland.

OUTDOOR WATERING SYSTEM
They all get easy access to fresh, clean water as they explore the open pasture.

FREEDOM TO BE THEMSELVES
Playing. Chatting. Perching. Dust bathing. Just being the hens they were born to be.

YEAR-ROUND OUTDOOR ACCESS
Our farms are in places where it doesn’t get too hot or cold. So our hens can head outside and explore all day, all year round.

HEALTH AND SAFETY
Their surroundings balance light, warmth and protection to create a natural, calm environment."

Last edited:
homeboy in my avatar was a vegetarian too

he also had chronic flatulence

so did i when i tried going vegetarian ⛽

i did it for like 2 years when i was in my early 20s during the first world war

From the Happy Eggs + Happy Birds page (seems very left wing to me) (no pun intended)! :ROFLMAO:

"THE FIVE FREEDOMS
Freedom is key to being a happy, healthy hen. So we happily uphold the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare, globally recognized as the key elements of animal welfare humans can control.

FREEDOM FROM HUNGER & THIRST
Our hens have easy access to fresh, clean water and an exceptionally nutritious diet for full health and vigor.

FREEDOM FROM DISCOMFORT
They enjoy safe, comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces that promote both activity and rest.

FREEDOM FROM FEAR & DISTRESS
Their surroundings balance light, warmth and protection to create a natural, calm environment.

FREEDOM TO ACT NATURALLY
They’re free to roam, perch, play dust-bathe and simply be themselves on over eight acres of varied terrain.

FREEDOM FROM PAIN, INJURY AND DISEASE
We monitor each farm’s air and water quality and diligently maintain the health of every hen.

PLENTY OF ROOM TO ROAM
Our hens meander freely over eight acres of lush farmland.

OUTDOOR WATERING SYSTEM
They all get easy access to fresh, clean water as they explore the open pasture.

FREEDOM TO BE THEMSELVES
Playing. Chatting. Perching. Dust bathing. Just being the hens they were born to be.

YEAR-ROUND OUTDOOR ACCESS
Our farms are in places where it doesn’t get too hot or cold. So our hens can head outside and explore all day, all year round.

HEALTH AND SAFETY
Their surroundings balance light, warmth and protection to create a natural, calm environment."

Im telling ya - i used to get fresh eggs from a neighbor and a couple friends

you can't tell the difference between Happy Eggs and local eggs - the yolk is super orange like the freshies

I rephrased the question because it was a loaded. I've already explained that I tried to go vegan a number of times throughout my adult life and I cannot do it. I've struggled with addiction and mental health issues. While struggling with them, I tried to stop consuming meat. In the end, after going back and forth, I concluded that it's not sustainable for me.
to be fair there's a good chance i'm having a mid life crises of sorts, and me screaming that if i had my way i'd force you all to go vegan, may be one of its protrusions! and perhaps you could argue that your mental health is necessary for your survival at times, and unfortunate as the situation is, you find eating meat brings about the comfort needed to soothe you. i would gently push back on that mind, if that were truly the case. i dunno. i'm still learning about this, and i'm relatively new to veganism, but it was a long time coming. it seems impossible for me to go back. and dude, honestly i was one of the biggest carnivores out. bacon cheeseburgers all day literally. my mum is continually surprised, she asks every time she's sees me and the look of disbelief on her face is priceless hah.

I also have some digestive issues which mean I need to eat small quantities of food. This is borderline impossible on a vegan diet.
i accept your use of the word borderline.

Sterilization isn't better.
it's definitely been shown to be more effective in certain circumstances. other's not so much. but yeh.
I eat meat because I'm an omnivore.

Nothing wrong with that either.
hmm. i've got my eye on you Birdy...x

We don't "have to" do all sorts of shit. You don't have to use a computer or a phone or whatever you're using right now. It's not good for the environment. You are contributing in all sorts of ways to the death of animals.

There is blood on everyone's hands.
true, true. but, aside from veganism, i have more wacky ideas. this one's about Star Trek. what if we could harness and better direct the path of technological evolution in to something like a Star Trek future. because then we could use our mastery of it to create exponentially greater systems all flourishing with well being. we could create a level of well being so great that it would dwarf anything a bunch of hippies in tents could create.

That's not what sense pleasure means.
all i'm trying to say is, we don't really need to eat meat...and if we dont need to, then what other reason is there than pleasure?
If we were rabbits and you found me chewing on a steak, then this would make more sense to me.
ahh the good old days.

I like Arch Enemy

Skinny Puppy is all about animal rights too

i put a picture up of Ogre from Skinny Puppy because that's what this thread reminded me of but some know-it-all shitbag mod thought they knew more and deleted it because they didn't get the reference i was pointing to
Yes. But I wouldn't "eat" Ogre from Skinny Puppy! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Humans are omnivorous and some humans lean more carnivore than others. One's leaning depends on their familial birth diet because the immune system and gut bacteria become modulated to whatever that diet is at an early age. Some people digest meat with incredible efficiency, while others don't.

What's certain is that in some parts of the world, such as the wealthy nations, the luxury diet involves high protein consumption. Mostly for taste. Excess protein is no good for anyone.

I don't think it's appropriate to say "all humans are meant to eat [xyz]" because people have different requirements depending on upbringing.

What's clear is that veganism is not an historical diet and a lot of the grandiose claims made about it as a long-term diet have not passed scientific muster. Even in countries with huge vegetarian populations, such as India, they still consume dairy and eggs. In my own clinical practice, the majority of young vegans I meet remain healthy because of their age. It's rare to find a long-term vegan who is 35+ who does not suffer deleterious health effects due to their diet. I don't support veganism as a forever diet for anyone, for this reason. There are also practical, financial, and environmental problems with veganism. Vegan diets require a lot of prep work and ingredients that many people can't afford. Vegan specialty foods are very expensive, and often comprised of ingredients that span the globe. Vegans in northern nations are especially contributing to climate change because their specialty foods travel a long way. It's a great short-term cleansing diet though.