• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzodiazepine Equivalency/Half-Life/Dose Chart

shal said:
Thanks heaps for this information!

Shit! It's time I stopped using benzos recreationally! - The withdrawl sounds like a fucker.
!

yeah, that's why i only use it on comedowns from stimulants which is like once a week at most.

Very useful information dude.

Thanks for sharing :D

shals :)

Good Work

Well done on compiling this list, it is an excellent service to the drug community. Unfortunately I know next to nothing on this aspect of drug culture. I have always been denied the right to try these drugs, partly due to my young age. From what I understand their synthesis is hard so they would not become available on the black/grey market.

Dope_User said:
20 mg ambien = .5 mg xanax? doesnt seem right

hell no thats not right, 20mg of ambien puts me out... .5mg of xanax dosent even effect me... i hate those equivilant charts.

Ambien (zolpidem) is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic of the imidazopyridine class of compounds. Although it acts on one of the same receptors as benzos (the omega-1 receptor of the GABA-BZ complex), it doesn't exhibit the myorelaxant or anticonvulsant properties of the benzos, as benzos bind non-selectively to all three omega reptor subtypes.

So a dosage comparison between zolpidem and benzos, would be hard to do, and be, at least, inaccurate and semi-unrealistic.

Excellent chart compiling, though, K'dOut, and anyone who takes a lot (or wants to withdraw) should have this chart close at hand (for yourself, your doctor, etc.). I personally know a lot of doctors who aren't as familiar w/ these equivalencies as I am, and have had to make a few phone calls to them on behalf of patients being weaned off of these medicines. So, if you want to withdraw (w/ a physician's help of course), or are being switched to a different one, take a printout of this chart and/or the Ashton Manual with you. Professor Ashton has got benzo withdrawal down to a fine science.

Once again, good job K'dOutinAZ...:)

geetered said:
hell no thats not right, 20mg of ambien puts me out. 5mg of xanax dosent even effect me... i hate those equivilant charts.

Ambien and Xanax have different qualities. Ambien is a hypnotic and Xanax is an anxiolytic, these different benzodiazepine qualities is what makes it sorta difficult to compare certain benzos.

20mg of ambien puts me out

That is because it is a hypnotic, not an anxiolytic like Xanax. Ambien is also a non-benzodiazepine so it is very difficult to compare the two.

The comparison of the benzodiazepines and non-benzodiazepines are supposed to be seperated

query:
as far as recreational potential, which sub-type of benzo is best (I know, YMMV)?
I've only had access to hypnotic benzos (temezapam and triazolam) thus far.

ebola

Personally I enjoy Alprazolam, Triazolam, Temazepam, Diazepam, and Nitrazepam

Are there any that are relaxing, put you to sleep in somewhat larger doses, and don't have you doing crazy things and not remembering them the next day? I was thinking of getting ahold of some cheap klonopin, but if they're anything similar to the inhibitions/intelligence/shame destroying power of Xanax, i won't touch em. I suppose it'd be dependent on the dose, but i mean, on an equal dose per dose basis.

clonazepam is good choice for that, they dont knock u out as much as ie. xanax and are all around more chiller and smoother, though i think they like any benzo can make u do crazy things and not remember them later if u took too much

Last edited:
Clonazepam makes me very lethargic and drowsy. It lasts too long, I would much rather have some diazepam, temazepam, or alprazolam

I would say that 1mg of Rohypnol knocks me on my ass equivalent to at least 2mg of Xanax, not the other way around.

first off, thanks for the chart. i think people should try benzo's and decide for themselves.

personally, my fav benzo is valium. i get an awesome euphoria and puts me in a deep sleep +12hours. xanax and ambien are similar to me inthat it just knocks me out and i wake up the next day very tired and groggy. no euphoria either.

does the peak value refer to the amount of time it takes to kick in?

no peak value is when the most of the drug that is active is in your body fuckin you up. these equivalent charts are bullshit, proly accurate for about 1% or even less of the population considering how much peoples' bodies differ and there reaction to the drug. like someone said, find out for yourself, its the only way to go. even with opiates theyre mildy fucked.