• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzodiazepine Equivalency/Half-Life/Dose Chart

K'dOUTinAZ

Bluelighter
(Benzodiazepine) (Dose Comparison) (Peak) (Half-life)

Alprazolam 0.25 1-2hrs. 9-20hrs.
(Xanax)
Bromazepam 3.0 0.5-4hrs. 8-30hrs.
(lexotan)
Chlordiazepoxide 12.5 1-4hrs. 24-100hrs.
(librium)
Clobazepam 10 .5-4hrs. 12-60hrs.
(Frisium)
Clonazepam 0.25 1-4hrs. 19-60hrs.
(klonopin)
Clorazepate 7.5 dose variable 40-50hrs.
(Tranxene)
Diazepam 5 1-2hrs. 20-50hrs.
(Valium) (*30-200)
Estrazolam 1 1-1.5hrs. 8-24hrs.
(ProSom)
Flunitrazepam 0.5 1-1.5hrs. 20-30hrs.
(Rohypnol)
Flurazepam 15 0.5-1hrs. 40-114hrs.*
(Dalmane)
Halazepam 10 1-3hrs. 14hrs.
(Paxipam) (*30-96)
Ketazolam 7.5 3.2hrs. 30-200hrs.
(Anxon)
Loprazolam 1 2-4hrs. 8-10hrs.
(Dormonoct)
Lorazepam 0.5 2-4hrs. 8-24hrs.
(Ativan)
Lormetazepam 1 1-1.5hrs. 10-12hrs.
(Noctamid)
Midazepam 5 0.3-0.5hrs. 1-4hrs.
(Nobrium)
Nitrazepam 5 0.5-2hrs. 18-25hrs.
(Insoma)
Oxazepam 10 2-3hrs. 3-25hrs.
(Serax)
Prazepam 10 2.5-6hrs. 30-100hrs.
(Centrax)
Quazepam 10 1.5hrs. 25-41hrs.
(Doral) (*39-120)
Temazepam 10 0.3-0.7hrs. 5-15hrs.
(Restirol)
Triazolam .25 1-2hrs. 3-4hrs.
(Halcion)

Hypnotic Benzodiazepines include the following:
Loprazolam
Lormetazepam
Nitrazepam
Temazepam
Triazolam

Anxiolytic Benzodiazepines include the following:
Alprazolam
Chlordiazepoxide
Diazepam
Lorazepam
Oxazepam

Anti-Convulsant Benzodiazepines include the following:
Clonazepam
Clobazam

Anaesthetic/Pre-Medication Benzodiazepines include:
Midazolam

Withdrawl from benzodiazepines may require taper and/or switching benzodiazepine to relative dose. The following are benzodiazepines equivalent to 10mg of diazepam, a usual procedure:

Alprazolam .5mg
Bromazepam 6mg
Chlordiazepoxide 25mg
Clobazam 20mg
Clonazepam .5mg
Clorazepate 12mg
Fluitrazepam 1mg
Flurazepam 15-30mg
Loprazolam 1-2mg
Lorazepam 1mg
Lormetazepam 1-2mg
Midazepam 10mg
Prazepam 20mg
Nitrazepam 10mg
Oxazepam 20mg
Temazepam 20mg
Triazolam 0.5mg
**Non-benzodiazepines
Zolpidem 20mg
Zaleplon 20mg
Zopiclone 15mg

Although rather accurate, it is difficult to compare benzodiazepine potency on the same scale since they differ in their anxiolytic, sedative, and antipanic effects. Still this scale provides a rough comparison useful for managing benzodiazepine taper or withdrawl

...I hope that you guys find this useful...did a lot of searching.

Last edited:
that list looks like it took a lot of effort... thanks for putting it together!

for future reference, bluelight has included a pretty damn comprehensive look at benzos in the FAQ. it's called "Benzodiazepines: How They Work and How to Withdraw" by C. Heather Ashton.

check out the link to the FAQ post: >>click here<<

if you can't access the thread on our FAQ, >>click here<< for an online version of the book.

i posted this information in another forum as well, but the book is a gold mine of information so i'm going to keep pointing it out.

Thanks a lot man, that is a good list, and from what I know it`s pretty accurate, but is 1mg xanax really the equivalent of 10mg diazepam? I would think 1mg of xanax would hit you harder.

GrOwThSpUrT said:
Thanks a lot man, that is a good list, and from what I know it`s pretty accurate, but is 1mg xanax really the equivalent of 10mg diazepam? I would think 1mg of xanax would hit you harder.

faster maybe..

klonopins are 1/2 the dosage of Xanax?! So when i took 3mgs on no tolerance it would be the sameas tking 6mg's of xanax? that doesnt seem right to me...

wait, now that i read your second chart it says it is half to potency of xanax? am i reading this wrong or is it contredictory

dont get me wrong though, this is a great chart and it looks like you put alot of effort into it

Cause It's So Close To My Heart. My Little Logs.

GrOwThSpUrT said:

Yeah, 1mg alprazolam is, like, 20mg diazepam.
Both from extensive personal experience and -

http://www.benzo.org.uk/
Go to the equivalency chart.

K'dOUTinAZ may have just made a 'lil mistake.
Otherwise everything seems pretty spot on.
Good Work.
:)

Peace
UnS

Re: Cause It's So Close To My Heart. My Little Logs.

UnSquare said:
Yeah, 1mg alprazolam is, like, 20mg diazepam.
Both from extensive personal experience and -

http://www.benzo.org.uk/
Go to the equivalency chart.

K'dOUTinAZ may have just made a 'lil mistake.
Otherwise everything seems pretty spot on.
Good Work.
:)

Peace
UnS

Actually I had it correct on the original chart comparison...but made a boo-boo on that second one, thanks for clearing that up!

Temazepams are whacky pills. Used to take the yellow capsules (20s)
And they have a strange blackout that goes along with them. Always wake up and cant remember large chunks of the night before.
Actually got kicked out of a band for taking those. It always seems like (to oneself) that you are acting normal and not slurring etc, but in reality you sound and look really loaded.

I am trying to detox from 60mg of pure powder of diazepam or nor-diazepam, i cant figure out which one it is, but they are of equal potency. The problem is pure powder is harder to deal with and less consistent than tablets, and my scale weighs down to only 10mg increments. I need to either get some tablets, or a milligram scale.

If anybody may happen to find a link that is inconsistent with the one I have provided please post it so I can check it out and edit. I want to make sure that this is up to date. I have been basing this on three different benzodiazepine equivalency charts and often over time some doses are changed. This is due to the difficulty comparing anxiolytic, hypnotic, and anti-convulsant effects. :)

Thanks heaps for this information!

Shit! It's time I stopped using benzos recreationally! - The withdrawl sounds like a fucker. I have enough problems and now after reading this I can see how much I've been eating!

shals :)

!

the armed forces said:
I thought that Clonazepam was half the strength of Alprazolam. Hmm... it could be wrong on the chart, or I could be wrong.

http://www.dr-bob.org/tips/bzd.html

Dr.Bob's benzodiazepine equivalence tables are not very accurate, I used to go to his web sites until I started to think that some of the doses were questionable. They would keep changing!?! So I decided to go to the "most efficant benzodiazepine website"

www.benzo.org.uk

And no, clonazepam and alprazolam are equivalent

^^ Thanks. Maybe I should have dosed higher on clonazepam then. Oh well, what can ya do? Thanks for the chart; it will be sure to link it to anyone with benzodiazepine dosage problems. Rock on.

This thread should become a Sticky at the top of the page. I really don't think anyone wants to see it disappear, and having it always immediately available would be great.

Equivalency charts are sooo subjective, as ppl react vastly different to certain benzos, but yea the chart can give a rough generalized idea.

but

Triazolam 0.5mg = 10mg of Valium

Ha, I dont know what pills the guy who was making that chart was on...

yeah, 20mg of temazepam equivalent to 10mg of valium? that doesn't make sense to me, 25-30mg of temazepam chilled me out way more than the same valium dose, even ~60mg of valium i never really liked, but that's just personal preference...i've been off benzos for a little while though, my memory is pretty fuzzy

_________Although rather accurate, it is difficult to compare benzodiazepine potency on the same scale since they differ in their anxiolytic, sedative, and antipanic effects. Still this scale provides a rough comparison useful for managing benzodiazepine taper or withdrawl_______

*Triazolam 0.5mg = 10mg of Valium*
Comparision between an anxiolytic and hypnotic

*20mg of temazepam equivalent to 10mg of valium*
Comparision between an anxiolytic and hypnotic

EDIT
Original post was updated with more accurate information

Last edited: