• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Who is the last person...

Dagny

Bluelighter
that you met who totally changed the way you look at the world? Who made all the bad shit seem less important? Who said something or did something or whose very presence had a noticeable impact on your mind/energy?

I have a new friend and he showed up at my front door unannounced (literally, first time I ever met him) at a time when I thought I'd never let anyone new in my life again. He reminds me that it is possible to feel connected to other people in this world no matter where you are in life... and to NEVER take myself or anyone else too seriously. He also laughs at all of my jokes and that is priceless.

I have a friend named Phil. Years ago I told him that he had the most beautiful smile in the world; to date I have not seen any proof to the contrary. Today he said he loved me and the coolest part is - I believe him. :)

I met a juggler named Bill who has Sanskrit tattoed on his back and the most amazing sense of peace about him. We laughed freely about how beautiful life can be, and in under ten minutes he guaranteed that I'll not forget him soon.

We spend so much time thinking about ourselves, worrying about ourselves, planning + rejoicing + everything, for ourselves. Give a little recognition to the last person who moved you in some way...

The last person to rock my world, change my direction, view life in a positive way and never take anything for granted - my son - the day he was born and everday since :)

And also to a lesser extent but still important to me - my ex wife and *sunflower* from bluelight (even though all I caused her was heartache)

I think that every person that comes into my life for more than a couple of hours has these kinds of effects on me, be it positive or negative... most recently it was my ex-gf batty who I met through this wonderful community... the jury is still out on wether or not it was a positive experience. I learned a lot while we were together, but I'm not sure yet if it was worth all the heartache and pain that came with it. :\

well...i work at a hospital and these doctors remind me everyday that i dont want to be rich. many of them are dicks, theyre on call 365 days a year, and all the money they have still cant buy peace and happiness.

And to offer one other view of the docs...

I agree that they can be money-grubbing, chauvenistic, arrogant, and entirely hard to deal with. But I'll also put those docs on my list of influences; about have to after 4 years working nights in the ER (a.k.a. home of the adrenaline junkies).

They can get that way naturally through ego, but a lot of them learn it during residency. Time after time I would get in screaming matches with a doctor and want to choke him. And then two nights later it hits 4 a.m., that same guy is sitting next to you filling out paperwork. He's changed his scrubs three times because after 3 stabbing victims, a lady with a gunshot wound to the head, and several drunks from a car wreck - you watch blood get mopped off the same floor over and over and over. You have to scream at people and treat them like animals to save their lives while they spit + curse + kick. Maybe a kid dies and you have to tell his parents. Then comes the four hours of paperwork so you can lecture in front of three hundred people at breakfast.

And 48 hours after this guy has proven beyond doubt what an ass hole he is, puts off his work to play a game on the computer with you. The battle between good and evil is so hard when you're a part of that life because only the sickest sense of humor will keep you alive. So yeah I hate the doctors sometimes. But thank god for what they taught me about life and death.

The Dalai Lama.....his books, for me are filled with deep yet simple.....insight & wisdom...so much love & compassion.....his words have a very calming & centered effect on me.......as I become mindful of practising his words in my daily life.......to find & experience the wisdom.....

My friend Hine.....who teaches me about love & acceptance.......an unconditional friendship.....with much balance & centeredness.....loyalty & solidity.....

My friend Geza.....who helped me get in touch with my own sexuality.....who is teaching me more about who I am.....what is acceptable & what is not.....on a deeper level than I have been before..........who is teaching me about love, acceptance & letting go....

My friend Joe who mirrors compassion to me time & time again.....who teaches me about loyalty & giving.....

My friend Sheri....who is teaching me tolerance & patience for an antidote to anger..........about genuine friendship........even when things are not flowing well....

My friend les......who is teaching me about tolerance & patience........compassion & concern for another human being....& the ego....

My friend melissa...who is teaching me about loyalty, friendship & giving.....

My friend brian...who is teaching me about loyalty, friendship & unconditional love.........

My friend warren...who is also teaching me about honesty & friendships & openness.....

My family....who teaches me about love unconditionally....

many people who give me the opportunity to learn about myself daily.......family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, animals......anyone & everyone that crosses my path, whether physically.......reading......pics.....or word of mouth.......in one way or another......

Bless you all...thank you all....

peace to all...
jemelsa...

Last edited:
Summer --- her baby and her current living situation sucks--- worse than anyone i know, or have heard about for that matter--- her perseverance and motivation--- just hearing about her waking up in the AM, walking the hour and a half to wick then back just to feed herself, working until her 9th month... i've got mad respect for that girl, when most look at her as just another teen with a baby who doesnt have a daddy.

Talie --- for reminding me that even after her 18 lonely years, she found love in a beautiful way. and even though she's just barely 19, this love has blossomed into something so rare and unbelievable that it's hard to grasp. she gives me hope.

David --- for giving me reason to smile when everything is wrong. for making me think of turning impossible possible and making me want to be a better person. i see the world from a different angle because of him--- sitting on top of it :)

my boss, amy --- shes got understanding and patience like no other. she makes me see things a little different.

Today my friend Lara informs me that she is NOT at her apartment in North Carolina, but sitting with our friends in LA and coming to see me this afternoon!

Ever had "a dose of instant-emotional/spiritual-strength" (as I called it earlier while chatting with a homie)?? It was instant, knowing that this girl I haven't seen in so many months is coming soon and I get my friend back for a few days.

Stepan, my best friend for many years. We hung around together, really never paid that much attention to each other. One day 14 years ago Stepan saw something that he wouldn't share with anyone, but that scared the hell out of him ... and that night he was dead.

A year and a half later, I saw him again. Call me crazy, but I did. He told me to get the hell out of the Soviet Union (back then). I left on Panam a few weeks later. A few weeks after I arrived here, there was no more Panam and no more Soviet Union.

My friend Mazzy....she gave me the confidence to feel good about finding my own way in the world without having to conform to society's pre-existing ideals. She helped me realise that being "damaged goods" is in no way a bad thing because it means that I've experienced so much more from life than a lot of other people my age. She's the one who inspired me to leave everything in my old life behind, take a backpack and just move on with my life to find new challenges.

Much love to crazy lesbians. :)

--Raz--

My only friend Aimee is the one who did that for me, it's amazing how someone can just totally change your outlook on things. She is absolutely wonderful, but unfortunately, day by day we get farther and farther apart:(

But she has changed the way I look at things none the less, which is a good thing, i suppose.

She brightens my every living moment....i really love her...i always will

*Korey Jade* he made me realise how i was treating myself and helped me to change and respect myself more, and i love him so much for that....

Dagny said:
Today my friend Lara informs me that she is NOT at her apartment in North Carolina, but sitting with our friends in LA and coming to see me this afternoon!

Ever had "a dose of instant-emotional/spiritual-strength" (as I called it earlier while chatting with a homie)?? It was instant, knowing that this girl I haven't seen in so many months is coming soon and I get my friend back for a few days.

^^^
I thoroughly enjoyed surprising this girl! Damn it was tough to keep a secret for so long =D

Right now I'm sitting with people who have changed the way that I look at the world. It's so nice to catch up and interact (in person) with them again. I've missed the level of mental stimulation that they always deliver. I just can't even begin to describe how nice it is to be around them again. :)

My kids.

Besides them, my friend Jimmy who is HIV+.

All three of these very important people help me live each day in the world around me, sharing my pleasures and pain, because none of us are alone, no matter how it seems sometimes.

Much love,

Lala

The last people to impact my life that way would have to be my son and my s/o. They both make my life better each day that they are in it.

i have to agree with haste and other parents, my child changed my perception on the world, and all for the better too, you will have no idea until you have a child just how much you are capable of loving someone.

I dated an older guy named Simon (he was 31, I was 21). He broke my heart like no other, but while we were together he enlightened me to new ways of thinking, and he also made me question why I wanted children.

I believe every experience in life is worthwhile if you have learned something from it, and I learned so much from him before he broke my little heart.

My husband-don't know how but he to some extent changed the way I look at the world...I believe someone cannot change another person 100% because the person already feels contented that way he and/or she is (hope this makes sense). Oh and I think our age difference and his experiences in life has lots to do with how he partially changed on how I look at the world now. :)

my best friend in the whole world, jesse...

when i met jesse, i was happy on the outside, miserable on the inside--typical pisces...idealistic when it came to the world around me, but suicidal as well. (well, i thought about wanting to die all the time, but never actually tried to kill myself.) i wanted to help the world, but thought my life was a waste.

then i met jesse, and everything changed. not apparently from the beginnning. things were just crazy when we first got together. we were both hustling...competeing with each other, and it drove us to do things to each other that i can't believe we ever did. we've been to hell and back--i've been through more shit with that guy than with anyone else.

and then i started researching astrology. i learned how to use it to understand people. i started to realize what was really important in life. understanding, acceptance, purity, faith, hope, love. and i began to think that my purpose in life was to share that with others, since i had experienced that love (to the fullest extent--that mose people never feel). and i started to feel at peace...

jesse taught me how to love; he taught me that undconditional love really did exist, because i had stopped believing in it. jesse taught me how to love myself...

i'd not be the same if not for him, and i can't imagine life without the lessons i learned during the past year we've been best friends.

he's in jail now, but when he gets out in january, i'll move back to tennessee to be with him again.