• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy IAP / 5-APDI Thread

People have told so different "stories" about the effects of IAP. Personally, I haven't noticed any emphatic feelings and euphoria, and IAP makes me feel rather stony than stimulated. At the first time I did notice some mood lifting ("euphoria") for a while and music sounded great but the two other experiences were different.

As I've told earlier at the third time the substance made me feel very unpleasant about 1 hour 15 min. -- 2 and half hours after ingesting. Was hallucinating (visually) quite hard, had a strange feeling that my mind and body were a bit disintegrating, had problems in orientation and feelings of mental discomfort came in waves, tho it wasn't a panic attack. And it's been really hard for my stomach...

And I still wonder is it all really pure IAP sold in different sources? Maybe some vendors harden it with another (hallusinogenic) drug? Ok, that cannot be true...

Anyways, we voluntary test animals, stupid guinea pigs, have proved that IAP is such a drug that will surely be an illegal compound.

do you think IAP lowers inhibitions and also increases physical attraction?

i don't think it lowers inhibitions. sex on it was fantastic, but i was with someone who i'm in love with in sober life. it didn't really increase desire or physical attraction, just brought out an enhanced sense of intimacy and affection (which indirectly augmented the physical dimension as well).

edited to say that i don't think iap is any more remarkable in this regard than, say, a low-dose 2c*. i've found that many psychedelics have this same potential.

Last edited:
I tried IAP today, 50mg. I got virtually no effect, and what I did get was not interesting or even enjoyable. BO-RING. Thank god I got this as a free sample and didn't waste my money on it.

Come up was slow, as described on erowid trip reports, and at first I was cautiously optimistic. But peak effects were, how to describe it, like being a little drunk but without any euphoria. My head felt slooshy and dizzy but no nausea (thank goodness; now then I would be REALLY pissed off), and my vision was spinny and bouncy. Almost no other visual effects, and totally zero psychedelic effects. In fact if anything this feels like an ANTI-psychedelic, in that introspection and enjoyment of external stimulation was actually less than when plain sober and in a good mood.

If I'm ever feeling really bored and a little crazy I may try a higher dose of IAP someday just to see (trip reports do seem to vary quite a bit even at the same dose), but it's at the bottom of my list.

Onward and upward!

God, to me 50mg is a "low dose".

I guess everyone reacts differently, but it seems like there is a certain threshold with this stuff, where, anything under xxmg will do shit, but higher than xxmg is ...groovy! Literally its like if I take..25-35-45mg, i will get no good effects at all, maybe a sense of a 'some drug' is in me, but if i take 60-70-80mg+, its totally different.

I dont know if i just react good, but yeah, when I take around 100mg thats when the magic really hits me. Euphoria sounds like an understatement, it definitely feels like the "serotonin" rush like MDMA, MDA, Methylone, and other similar drugs. As for visual activity, mostly very VERY VIVID colors, and some tracers.. a clear headed, mind-expanded effect that seems really similar to 5-meo-dmt to me (even though 5meo-dmt is not that visual for me, its possibly my favorite psychedelic, i don't know why I have passed that one up for so long, i have much to say about that, but, not in a thread for IAP!)

I've tried smoking it, and it works, you can get the ^^ above effects from smoking a small amount (vaporizing it) but it lasts much shorter.
First few times I tried 5-meo-dmt (smoked), i thought wow, its a lot like smoking IAP.

I have not smoked enough IAP to reach the intense euphoric rush from taking 100mg orally. It was very much like MDMA or maybe more like MDA, minus the 'physical stimulation'. It never lasted more than..3 hours maybe...or maybe 3.5..max.. Definitely no 'crash' with this - at least my experience.

I mean, i'd gladly take Methylone over IAP, but also, i'd gladly lend "my trash can" to throw out all that nasty bad IAP =D

I'm not advocating go ahead and put 100mg into a capsule and eat it, since this isn't that explored yet, if you have a decent amount, start low even if it doesn't do anything, and slowly up the dose, if you go above 50-60mg and still don't feel great, but, dont have any real nasty side effects, well go a little higher..etc. I'd wait at least a week between dosing, there is a tolerance. If you are at 80-100mg and still dont feel massive euphoria and bliss...well either you had a tolerance from dosing too quick, or, i'm just a wierdo that reacts REAL GOOD at 100mg!! Also, take the full dose all at once, not spread out.

Of course drugs are bad, and ingesting any of this stuff is bad bad bad, so i'm saying, if your going to do it anyway, and want to get something out of it and have a decent amount where your able to test out low doses first..go higher...etc. then i'm just adding my um "fourteen cents" (where did that two cents thing come from anyway? i never cared to find out)

^^Interesting. The trip reports I read were mostly at 50mg and sounded like people were getting decent effects at that dose, plus I seem to recall one or two reporting that >60mg got uncomfortable. But you have given me encouragement to go ahead and "experiment" with increased doses, instead of filing away this stuff as a novelty.

I'll let you know how it goes....

Ok, I read somewhere where someone posted that, there are two isomers of IAP, and that one is the active one, and the other is not - but not only not, it actually antagonizes the effect of the 'good' isomer.

So, I wonder if that means a lot for people's different reactions. I know for me at higher doses only, it was very good, but it only lasted a few hours max.. I'm guessing most of the IAP you would buy ends up coming from the same 'main' supplier anyway, i'm assuming racemic, but maybe people metabolize one or the other differently?

Or maybe different batches of IAP from different times contain more of this or more of that. Who knows.. I dont know which isomer, but if there was just the plain 'active' one available some day, that might be nice.. who knows.. 8o

My last IAP experience didn't last a few hours but probably half a day (I fell asleep after 8.5 hours of taking it and my pupils were still large)!

There is very fine IAP powder and coarser powder in the market. And who knows if some verdors put something else in IAP (at least time to time) to strenghten the effects.

I will have to say I agree with many of the above statements for the most especially the erotic bit and Ill go ahead an add my part here ....

This may sound a bit strange but this stuff reminds me a little of ghb in its ability to tease.

Every time Ive ever taken ghb Ive been somewhat enticed to take more. However there is that hard but tough to anticipate point between having a good time(erotic-euphoric) and/or bad time(passing out cold).

With IAP for the good time(50-75mgs) you get this oncoming feel good roll that never really fully develops. On top of that the initial alerts take nearly 2 hours to come on. These two factors leave one reaching for more doses however the results of the feeling reached by going farther(100-125mgs) leave the IAP user with side effects that far surpass the benefits. For me and my partner these effects included spastic muscle twitching, very high temperature, cold chills, and a feeling of being borderline poisoned. This was a complete reverse of our previous experience(50mgs)which was quite pleasant and erotic.

I still consider this an interesting substance despite its quirks. Perhaps it has some synergistic effects as yet unseen. By itself however it seems to be a bit lacking ...

Last edited:
nice but uninteresting

50mg of IAP HCl (margin of error +/- 10% I fear) produced positive, active and social mood, generally feeling good, to the extent that if people were regularly taking this and getting the same effect, telemarketers would have an easy job. So actually in some way a forced and false happiness. Some alcohol was consumed over the night and I assume the IAP took some edge off the alcohol resulting me not feeling drunk at all, considering I should have at those amounts, although small.

Stimulation was just about non-existent, the substance was ingested at 18:15 or so and sleeping felt like a serious option around 02:00, that being t+8, but having a high sugar, moderate caffeine drink helped a bit. Maybe I was a bit low on energy after drinking that darn alcohol and its effect dropping off, not eating that much (felt way too odd -- it's normal for me). Around 04:00 walking was easy, no tiredness in that way, went to sleep at about 06:00, t+12 that is, felt just as tired as I should have after being up for 20 hours. I'd say pupil dilation lasted longer than the main effects, but on the other hand mood was significantly up for a day or two after.

Overall, for me IAP definitely did not feel like something people would go crazy about if someone pressed pills and sold it to ravers, actually I doubt if someone with no experience of lsd- or mdma-type drugs would even notice anything except having a great time if someone put this into her drink without telling her. There was some odd feeling but nothing clearly wrong that could not be ignored. Since I am more into psychedelics proper, meaning LSD and the works, IAP by itself seems quite uninteresting. I also doubt if it would be any good as a party drug because of the totally uncritical attitude IAP promoted in me, and that is a lot, so although benevolence is generally a good thing, IAP might make people outright gullibly happy. I myself have better ideas for combining drugs and having fun, but for the time being, I refuse to recommend any drugs to anyone in public... ;)

I'm curious as to how much serotonin this releases (I'm on an SSRI). I've heard it's second only to 4-MTA (or was it 4-fluoroamp)?

IAP & MDMA report to be added to TR once I have time!!!

Currently doing exams and their a bitch but have some notes so watch this space!!! :)

I tried IAP for the first time at 50mgs today. I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I enjoyed the social effect, yet it made me feel somewhat dissociated at the same time. There was some euphoria, but it was never overwelming, and there were also visuals. The chemical felt hard on my body and mind towards the end, and the experience felt like it was very drawn out. ..Interesting experience that I may write about, but I doubt I'll try again. I'll stick to MDA and Methylone for entactogenic trips. ..Oh, and there was alot of jaw clenching throughout the experience, and I haven't got that with many drugs at all other than higher doses of Amphetamine/Methamphetamine that I've done.

I had an oppurtunity to observe a rank amateur group dosing on this stuff. They took totally eyeballed doses (and I piped up about the hazards of taking such a unknown research chemical). :p

Around 5 people were unstimulated, some complaining that the drugs weren't doing much, they were content just to sit around with massively dialated pupils. They were remarkably quiet considering reported social aspects of it. I've seen one person on IAP before who was silent for about 4 hours.
One person was rather energised, exclaiming it was better than E and quite thrilled they'd found a drug that worked - E surposedly didn't do much for them normally. One guy had somewhat overwhelming rushes with a unsettling feeling in his gut, and complained of swings between hot and cold, and was worried he'd poisoned himself, smoking weed seem to make him quite panicky. He had said he came off SSRIs about 14 days prior, which might have a had a small influence here. But the pricklyness he felt all over sounded like what VictorBorge had.

Reaction to drugs like MDMA/MDA varies, but i'd say IAP is more unpredictable as opposed to just unexplored. I hope this dodgy shit never gets sold in pills, we'll see more serotonin syndrome deaths. I've read that a whole lot turned up in pills siezed in aus/nz... I can't substantiate that rumour at the momment, although I'm sure I did see a reference to a article reccently.

So we know of people taking a bit over 100mg, anyone seen reports of higher doses?

^^^

I couldn't imagine anyone that enjoys pressed pills enjoying IAP. There were plenty of +'s for me, but there were many -'s as well, and the experience was very "strange" to say the least. It was long and drawn out, providing no real energy. I was quite stimulated, but I felt stoned at the same time. There was a cool social effect during the onset, which carried throughout the trip, yet there was a strange dissociative feeling at about two hours into the trip. I don't think you can draw any conclusions from what you experienced. Those were unknown doses.. Anyone that's tried IAP will tell you that experiences will vary with doses of +/- 10mgs, and there is no way you could tell the amount of powder difference between 50mgs and 60mgs.

It's been a while since I tried IAP, but these experiences sound pretty similar to my own. They could also be describing my experience with PMEA, which I thought was quite like IAP, though much easier on my body. 110-115mg of both chemicals was enough for what felt like a "full" experience of each one's effects, but at that dose, IAP had me worried for my heart rate and blood pressure, whereas PMEA almost had me drowsy and very calm.

I don't really see the value in either of these, though. I agree with Piper, I'll stick to MDxA and methylone. Mmmmm, methylone.

People are seeming to really love Methylone. I too see it as a very useful entactogen. I like it because it isn't anywhere near as overwelming as my other favorite entactogen, MDA. I like going on walks on Methylone, whereas with MDA, I wobble around in one place, rolling my eyes in the back of my head because the euphoria makes me feel like my whole body and mind is in an orgasmic state. I can't say I cared for IAP much at all.

Do you think that IAP might develope into something better at say 150-200mg? Are there symptoms or something that you think would increase to something worrisom at higher these levels? I'm interested in trying IAP so I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts

I really thought I was about to have a hypertensive crisis on the comeup at 110mg. I would not push it further, personally, especially given the relatively uninteresting mental effects.