• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Average amount of MDMA in a pill?

xtc2ez

Bluelighter
Many people refer to how much ecstasy they do by counting the number of pills they consume. I think we all know this isn't a very accurate method, but I was wondering if there is a general rule as to how much MDMA is in a pill supposed to contain MDMA?

I know there is all the double and triple stacked garbage out there, as well as pills that may be pure MDMA, or have no MDMA, but at the end of the day...when you average it all out, what is an appropriate amount to expect? Any ideas?

I'd say a pill can contain up to 400mg MDMA. I'd say the average pill contains 100-200mg of MDMA.

There is no way to tell for sure how much MDMA a pill contains. well, unless you have a lab and break down the pill and all that fun stuff. however, here is a recent topic that might give you a good idea.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94273&r=21

however, even that isnt a good estimate because you dont know where those pills are from, location/dealer/lab...

i can tell you from experince that most pills will contain between 60mg-120mg of MDMA, however, thats quite a large range...

hope this helps

Not at all.

200mg of MDMA hasn't happened in the 7 years I've been eating pills. Not unless it was a Molly.

I had a Blue Euro from a while back test at 176mg MDMA. I'd say that's likely the highest you'll ever find pressed.

Seriously.

Most of them range from 35-100. 80-120 for GOOD ones. And 65-80 for decent ones.

That's about as much as to be expected from pressed pills. They sucks large portions of ass.

a good dose of mdma is lets say around 300 mgs, I usually take around 4 pills, so therefore therte is around 65-80 I guess in the ones I get

roliepolie said:
200mg of MDMA hasn't happened in the 7 years I've been eating pills.

don't make the (all too common) mistake of confusing absence of proof with proof of absence...

alasdair

kbee said:
I'd say a pill can contain up to 400mg MDMA. I'd say the average pill contains 100-200mg of MDMA.

Darkmoonlight said:
a good dose of mdma is lets say around 300 mgs, I usually take around 4 pills, so therefore therte is around 65-80 I guess in the ones I get
??? Where are people pulling these figures from? a *good* dose of MDMA is around the 120mg mark. There is no way the "average" pill contains 100-200mg. I would say an average pill contains 60-100mg mdma, with the better pills containing 100+mg.

A good dose of MDMA isn't 300mg unless you have some ungodly tolerance.

A good all night dose of MDMA would be around 100mg oral, followed by a 50mg booster dose when the peak hits.

If you don't ruin it, that will be more than enough for a whole night.

roliepolie said:
A good dose of MDMA isn't 300mg unless you have some ungodly tolerance.

I would certainly not call 300mg an ungodly tolerance. You really have something against those of us who take more than 2 E's don't you?

300mg is probably a low dose in the UK! When the average number of pills consumed is probably 4 or 5, with regular occurances of people taking 10~15 in a night, people are taking 750mg+ of MDMA here.

300mg might be a bit higher than you are used to, but its not that much higher.

edited for terrible grammar

Last edited:
alasdairm said:
don't make the (all too common) mistake of confusing absence of proof with proof of absence...

alasdair

the voice of reason

:D

bigmick said:
??? Where are people pulling these figures from? a *good* dose of MDMA is around the 120mg mark. There is no way the "average" pill contains 100-200mg. I would say an average pill contains 60-100mg mdma, with the better pills containing 100+mg.
big mick, I was just saying that shit while on DXM, please excuse.
but my conclusion came to about yours, hehe. so please try not to say I pull shit out of my ass. I know how many pills I take, and what the dosage I need to get me off is.
*edited: hell yea alpha, thank u

I'm not talking about how much you need to be fucking off your ass.

I'm talking about the dose required to attain a very nice high, with a decent amount of time behind it.

That is, of course, assuming that you haven't ruined it for yourself. If you are a beginner, or have only a moderate tolerance(i.e. you don't take more than 3 pills in a night, more than once per month) then 300mg would be quite an uncomfortable and consequential dose.

That is to say, sure you might LIKE to eat more... but you don't NEED to eat more.

I, for one, think that seeing these reports of morons taking so much of a substance is showing the newbs that it's ok to take 5 pills in a night...

I think you may have lost sight of why it is that people take Ecstasy... at a dose of 5 pills or more in a night, I highly doubt you can do a whole lot of anything.

I have to agree ^^^^^. There is only so much seratonin in your body...you get to a point where you are just getting a speedy buzz (and exponentially increasing potential neurotoxic effects).

NEWBIES....use your head!!! Don't think that just become someone eats 15+ pills in one night (a report I've seen on here more than once), that it is okay for you to also....it's not!
If you don't have a tolerance already, more than 150mg (IMO) is not going to give you more of an MDMA high---probably just crack you out for the next 3 days or possibly kill you.

Take it slow, do some research, do it smart. Go to different sources, BL, Erowid, Shulgin, even some government websites. Look at primary research. Then make your decision on whether or not and how much to take. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but you only get one body...IMO it's worth the time. ;)

may i just lol.

some people need to read some stats and obtain some mdma knowledge.

i suggest erowids.org mdma vault and thedea.org

for stats and related, www.ecstasydata.org www.dancesafe.org/labtesting

*NOTE, the ingredients of a pill is NOT listed in % or parts of the pill weight, just in part/% of the active substance..

for sites with actual amount statistics, i refer you to the european sites listed in this thread: http://www.dancesafe.org/ubbthreads...=111345&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

happy reading.

I was just looking an www.dancesafe.org/labtesting and see some really odd pills. A pill that weighs 346mg and contains 100% MDMA??? Does that seem like quite a lot to find in a pill? If I had a pill like that i think i'd probably take a 1/3 at a time or something!

Surely a pill with that much MDMA could cause some undesired effects!?

as i said, read above, parts and percentages are listed in amounts out of _active_substances_ and NOT out of pill weight.. i know its confusing, at a first glance i was mistaken as well.

so a pill with mdma as only active substance will be listed as MDMA: 1, no matter how much mdma is in it.. could be 5 mg or 100 mg.. or whatever..

if it says ie. caffeine: 1, MDMA: 5, it means that the active substances in the pill are caffeine and mdma, and that there is 5 times as much mdma as caffeine in the pill.. could be 10 mg of caffeine and 50 mg of mdma..

hope i made it clear.

100% of the active chemicals in the pill were MDMA... meaning that there is binders +MDMA

Yes, in the US, the DEA will not allow a company to divulge quantitative ananylsis of illegal drugs.

And remember what roliepolie said...there are always binders in a PILL.

roliepolie said:
I'm not talking about how much you need to be fucking off your ass.

Neither am I. If I wanted to be "fucked off my ass" I'd take E at home or take a different drug like alcohol. Sitting in the corner of a club gurning isn't my idea of fun. Taking enough to make me dance, have fun, feel great, talk to strangers etc for the time I'm in a club is enough for me. I don't take any more once I feel the peak beginning to fade, or when I'm back home/afterparty.

roliepolie said:
That is, of course, assuming that you haven't ruined it for yourself. If you are a beginner, or have only a moderate tolerance(i.e. you don't take more than 3 pills in a night, more than once per month) then 300mg would be quite an uncomfortable and consequential dose.

That is to say, sure you might LIKE to eat more... but you don't NEED to eat more.

Thats pretty much what I do.

roliepolie said:
I, for one, think that seeing these reports of morons taking so much of a substance is showing the newbs that it's ok to take 5 pills in a night...

Thats like saying "I see these people who are shotting 2 bags of heroin a day, making it seem okay to newbies to shot a lot of heroin all the time". No, if anything it can be a warning. I'm certainly put off sky rocketing my tolerance from what I've read on here. And I could sky rocket my tolerance to 15 pills before the year is out I've no doubt.

xtc2ez said:
NEWBIES....use your head!!! Don't think that just become someone eats 15+ pills in one night (a report I've seen on here more than once), that it is okay for you to also....it's not!
If you don't have a tolerance already, more than 150mg (IMO) is not going to give you more of an MDMA high---probably just crack you out for the next 3 days or possibly kill you.

Take it slow, do some research, do it smart. Go to different sources, BL, Erowid, Shulgin, even some government websites. Look at primary research. Then make your decision on whether or not and how much to take. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but you only get one body...IMO it's worth the time. ;)

Very good advice. Only thing I'd alter is 150mg wouldn't kill you if a single pill wouldn't. 150mg is very low compared to the LD50 of MDMA (6000mg) and any secondary effects like sweating, heating up etc wouldn't be too bad.