• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

absent minded

Bluelighter
thc tolerance

i have been smoking more than 4 times a day for quite a few weeks now, and have noticed a gradual increase in tolerance. i have to smoke much more now to get the same high. i was wondering how long i would have to stop smoking to erase this tolerance?

My tolerence is up there too.... anyways, I'd say stop for about 2-4 weeks. I'm not completley sure though, just my opinion.

Yeah, I'd say with in 2-3 wks, your tolerance would be a bit lower..

To erase it completely might take a bit longer tho..

Just my worthless opinion tho..

nah, 2-4 weeks is too long. in my experience, stopping for just a couple days or a week flushes a lot of the THC out of your system so you can get high more easily again when you smoke.

Yeah, but with just a couple days, that same tolerance will build itself back up again rather quickly.

The longer the break, the less the tolerance.

the first few days you go without smoking your tolerance will drop considerably, quitting for longer than that doesn't pay because your tolerance will come back pretty fast. i think i quit for 3 weeks once and 2 days after i resumed smoking my tolerance was already back to almost what it was before the 3 weeks. but i get great benefits from quitting for 2-4 days. even one day does something. just experiment and see what works best for you.

Last edited:
It's because weed tolerance goes by how long its been since you last smoked. So if you quit for 3 weeks and then smoke one day and then smoke again the next day. The next day is still gonna suck because you just smoked the day before. It's not like a building up tolerance.

That's what I've noticed at least.

Seems to me.. the longer the wait, the more thc is gone from your system, the lower the tolerance.. but it's too subjective to say really.

In my experiance the longer I waited, the better it was when I started up again.. but everyone's different.

Experiment with quitting a couple days, see what that does.. if it works.. fantastic. If not.. extend the break til you find your groove.

From personal experience, time and time again I would attempt to abstain from THC for two or three weeks in hopes of a diminished tolerance but to no avail. You get fucking blazed the first day back but then i just picks up where you were before.

This is how I was able to rid of my tolerance for a few months:: I didn't smoke weed for six months due to legitament reasons. You'll feel as stoned as how you used to.

Tolerance with weed is one which builds quickly and can remain high if you smoke every day. After stopping for anywhere from 1-2 weeks you'll notice a definite increase in effects, though your tolerance will increase a lot more quickly than say if you were to stop for up to 6months or so where I believe your body & mind would have a tolerance of near zero again...

Just smoke Fri, Sat and Sun. Save Mon-Thur as your clean up days so that your weekend is better.

heh who cares i prefer the more subte high after tolerance buildup

i sometimes prefer the high when i have some tolerance too. but i notice that with tolerance the high is a lot shorter. it goes from 2 hours (no tolerance) to 10 minutes (after days of heavy smoking). when the time i spend smoking becomes longer than the time i stay high its time for a break or a search for better weed (if im smoking mids).

There probably is no such thing as THC tolerance. It's probably just how used to being high that you are.

If you been smoking a long time, you eventually get used to being stoned so you may still get really fuckin' high, yet it's very boring because youve done it so much and you know exactly what it's like.

That's why if you quit for like 6 months and do it, it works good beause you forget what it feels like to be high.

Well, when I went to rehab I was a habitual marijuana smoker, probaly averaging out at 2 grams a day for 8 months or so. I stopped smoking weed for 28 days, and when I smoked again it was like my first time.

i have found that if i only smoke a couple times a day, actually waiting to come down before smoking again, i really build next to no tolerance.

To me, THC tolerance is different than most tolerances. The first time that I smoke during the day, I get ripped but each proceeding bowl just gets me more burnt out after "the high point". My "high point", or the highest I can possibly get from the current buds I have, is usally after 2 bowls. The rest of the day I just feel hella burnt out. The next morning after some sleep, I can get stoned again. Actually, once I get some sleep, just as food does sometimes, I can get high again.

michael said:
i have found that if i only smoke a couple times a day, actually waiting to come down before smoking again, i really build next to no tolerance.

true.. if you wait till you come down your tolerance will build more slowly

and there is defintely such thing as THC tolerance... how else can people smoke 3+ grams a day while others only need a puff or two? And notice those who need only a puff or two end up getting more stoned.