• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

Tolerance to Weed

Has anyone else built up a 'tolerance' to weed? I smoked weed regularly, but it seems when I smoked too much in one day (4-5 bowls), sometimes im only getting a high that lasts 15-20 minutes instead of 2 hours. Been smokin the same weed, just getting shorter highs as I continue to smoke.

take a week off. When you begin again, smoke no more than once a day. Weed tolerance is a bitch, but it's a pushover too.

Welcome hafon420,

I have had this problem before and I just quit weed for a month or so. My tolerance just went to the same it used to be. I smoke one joint and Im pretty high for at least a good 3 hours. Its like Im a newbie, which is a good things because it cheaper.

I only suffer from tollerance when smoking bowls, my friends older brother's tollerance actually broke completely, I'm not sure if it's medical problem, I doubt that it is. He can't take more than a couple of tokes without getting paraletic, I'm guessing that it's due to smoking strong resin for about 7 years but I'm totally unsure.. hope it doesn't happen to me

i have a high tollerence, it doesnt even feel like i get high any more....but i still smoke just for the love of it

Sawboss said:
I only suffer from tollerance when smoking bowls, my friends older brother's tollerance actually broke completely, I'm not sure if it's medical problem, I doubt that it is. He can't take more than a couple of tokes without getting paraletic, I'm guessing that it's due to smoking strong resin for about 7 years but I'm totally unsure.. hope it doesn't happen to me

theres a reverse tolerance to thc, and probably the other cannabinoids(sp?). happened to me. smoked everyday for long enough, for me it was around 1 yr, and eventually a bowl would do me just fine. i don't get the same high tho, not as high even. but i do get to my new peak w/ less weed.

I honestly don't think it's possible to wear yourself out on weed, just like coffee. I was never worried about tolerance for either. Now there is this thing called the law of diminishing returns, which means that the more often you bombard your body with a substance, the more efficient it gets at removing it and ignoring its effects. But stop this bombardment, and your body goes back to receiving and dealing with the substance just like it used to.

During final exam / term paper season in college, I could drink 5 cups of coffee in rapid succession, and still sleep half an hour later. That shit don't fly anymore -- a single cup at dinner recently kept me up into the wee hours.

Seriously dude, don't be stoned many times a day. Do it like once. Or a few times a week, preferably when you've got nothing left to do that day. You'll notice and appreciate the FX lots more.

I went from smoking several times a day to smoking none at all for three weeks. The first smoke or two after those three weeks were definitely boosted for the amount I smoked, but before long I found myself returning to the familiar routine and thus the familiar tolerance.

I prefer having some tolerance to having none in general, although it's fun to remind myself every now and again of what getting high used to be like; when I first started, it was incredible! The no tolerance high is a bit too intense to be able to function entirely normally like I can with tolerance, but it's also great fun.

Tip: if you want to get more out of your weed, the best way I've found to cut down significantly on tolerance is to smoke only at night (or any other time, the point is not to smoke all day). If I give myself around 24 hours in between sessions, I get a good bit higher off the same amount of herb. If I smoke at night, I tend to have a nice 'afterglow' the next day which isn't fully worn off until night. That's how I know when it's time to smoke again. Smoking every other day works even better, but I usually end up coming up with some rationalisation to let myself smoke on those "off" nights so it's hard to pull off ;)

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I figured an extra opinion wouldn't hurt. ;)

Also, first time poster (but not new to internet forums), so be nice.

Anyways, I find it best for me to keep my highs 'fresh' and powerful by cycling between smoking devices and by keeping them clean. I've found when the resin builds up in the pipes and my slider piece it is harder to get a good clean hit through them. I don't smoke resin, so I make it a habit to clean them out every time before I smoke, that way I make sure I can get the best hit each time I light up. Also, I change out the water each time as well, and try to use cold water or pour in some crushed up ice cubes along with the water to keep it nice and cool. :) Though, I think everyone agrees that those massive hits which make you cough like a mofo gets you high as fuuuuck. ;)

My roommate and I make it a habit to cycle between our several pieces. We are both fans of smoking out in nature (Colorado front range area), so we'll leave our bong or bubbler at home and take out our little glass pipe or a small jade piece we have. Convenient to carry around, and the clean mountain air is wonderful to breathe in along with some potsmoke.

edit: My roommate and I also smoke sometimes daily, but sometimes we will go a week or two without smoking when we run out of pot and don't usually have time to locate some more (we work long hours, and nightshift). I think the most I've ever smoked was 3-4 bowls in a day, and it's not really worth it for me.

When ever my tolerance for weed rises. I just stop smoking for maybe about a week. And then I blazed up and get high. I have been smoking the same ammount of weed everytime.

I agree with kinematics. Although taking a break from smoking is definitely good (I myself only smoke on weekends) changing the way in which you smoke makes a big difference too. After using a pipe for a very long time I noticed my highs were less intense. When I hit my bong however it felt literally like my tolerance had disappeared. Same thing with vapes and joints. Go cycling between things it def. helps.

i've stopped smoking because i really do not get very high anymore and i have no preference between pieces or joint or blunts. I pretty much hit the whole aresenal during a smoking session with my buddies but ive been smoking at least an eight a day for over a year and been high everyday basically for 2 years before that. small breaks always helped me but alowing your body to totally detox has got to be the best way to regain the newbie high.

Imo there is no tolerance per say for THC. Overtime I get just as high as I do before, but overtime you become familiar with the main part of the high and begin to explore subtleties of it. Eventually after some point you just get bored of weed, due to a weed shortage in my area and eventually finding with good pot I smoked the same weed from mid July or so till mid September, we kept smoking it cause the other shit was awful, but man there just wasn't anything to it at that point. I think the reason you get so blazed after a break of a few days or more is that you forget what it's like to smoke a certain type of weed or perhaps be high in general.

I'll admit that after smoking the same batch of weed over and over in a relatively short period of time, I do begin to find myself not being as high as I should be. However, this and other effects, are completely reversable(of course i speak from personal experience, everyone is different).

Tomodak, that may be your opinion or experience but tolerance is real and undeniable, it may not be bad for you yet but eventually it will always get bad, its inevitable. then when you get to that point you have to make appropriate changes to your smoking procedures or just take a break altogether.

It's not inevitable, as long as I continue to change weed strains and try out new highs I continue to get high from them, I've smoked pot for a longggg time with out experiencing this. I'd say theres a tolerance of sorts, but not what you're talking about. Most likely varies with people though, I've had people experience what I have, but it seems most people tend to have some sort of slow or medium growing level of tolerance.

like i said maybe you do not have a major tolerance issue but i garuntee that tolerance plays a factor in your high. you will build a tolerance if you smoke all the time. tolerance means you have to smoke more or w/e, it is scientifically proven that the body does build a tolerance. so while you may still get high i bet its different and i bet that has something to do with your tolerance. and i have been smoking a loooonnngggg time too and bascially everyone I know and that they know builds some form of tolerance.

^he's right, tolerance is real, and switching between strains of weed, as tomodak suggested, isn't the answer. The tolerance gained is that of THC, not a certain strain of weed.

Well I guess a few of my rl friends, internet pals, and myself just have rather odd things happening regarding tolerance, like I said it does very between people. I guess I'd have to say that I have a tolerance level that progresses incredibly slowly. Personally I would say my body has adapted to THCs main effects per say and that different cannbinoids form various strains just get boring after awhile. Like I've said I've smoked a lot for a long time and inexperienced no overall tolerance increase. Admittedly I seem to have stints of fairly high tolerance and sometimes insanely low tolerance or so it seems (sometimes I'll go through a few hits and it'll seem the few hits just kept going where yesterday left of). Perhaps my brain neurochemistry has been altered in a odd way by tons of lsd/pot and my mind just kinda works like that? who knows :x