• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

high_n_br said:
I couldn't even imagine not smoking..but it wouldn't be too bad I guess. sober people suck though..pe@ce

True, but sober people think we're boring :p

i been smoking for 8 years pretty much daily with very few breaks .

i still get high off a few hits , in can get stoned.

but alot of the old effects are missing, pot nowadays just makes laying around or being on the computer enjoyable andmakes me hungry tired and a bit euphoric.

but thats it..

when i first started smoking id laugh for hours everything was funny the high was very enjoyable etc, now i cant even smoke socially cause it kinda locks me up and i cant speak hehe.

What the fukk is everyone talking about tolerance. Weed does not give physical tolerance. If yer not getting high off of 5 grams you either have some REALLY bad stuff or you've just been toking so much you don't notice the difference anymore.

edit: please note, ofcourse daily users tend to smoke a bit more but this is not because of tolerance. It's because yer simply used to the effects. I find it very hard to belive that you would get so used to it that 5 grms would be hardly noticable, unless, like I said, you have really crappy weed.

Last edited:
Sorry - but that is categorically false. Read up on it and you will see that you are 100% incorrect. It DOES build up physical tolerance - quite significantly so.

--- G.

5 grams a day not only sounds really expensive but it sounds like you need a break, if only for a few hours.=D
No really, try waiting till the evening to smoke any and use a bong thats always worked for me and i've been smoking for 20years 1/2 oz a week.

ML: "For a drug to be physically addictive, it must be reinforcing, produce withdrawal symptoms, and produce tolerance. Marijuana is reinforcing, because it feels good, but it does not do the other two things. "

This is the only source in english I could find at this moment, if I have time i'll search for more sources to back my statement up. This is from erowid, http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq1.shtml#3-11

If you have any sources proving me wrong, please state them here as you are contradicting several brochures I have lying around, one of them published by the "kuno van dijk stichting", a dutch organization that works with addicts and legally test drugs, among other drugs-related activities. They are considered an official authority on drug-related topics around here so I'dlike to see some reliable sources backing up your statement.

Last edited:
I did not say "physically addictive" - that is a completely seperate issue that has nothing to do with the concrete fact that cannabis TOLERANCE does exist.

I am reading the FAQ at the moment - but the fact remains that in almost a decade of being around pot and potsmokers every single pothead I know has taken breaks to get his tolerance down.

--- G.

You did say physically actually (check your post again).

And that people take breaks is simply because at a certain point, you are simply stoned all the time. You hardly notice any difference anymore when smoking some pot. I have this problem as well. This has however nothing to do with tolerance in a physical sense (as in: your body doesn't need more to produce the same effects).

LOL - of course I said physically - just not "ADDICTIVE" - that is the key word my friend. Addiction and tolerance are completely seperate physiological issues.

I really don't know what else I can say - but I am sure everyone here agrees that pot DOES create physical tolerance. Note the word "tolerance" - it does NOT mean I am saying it causes withdrawal or anything of the kind.

--- G.

Oh, and how would you explain the magical properties of anandamide receptors to behave so differently from serotonin and dopamine receptors?

I am no scientist - but I see no reason why our anandamide receptors should not follow the same principles and thus lead to physical tolerance.

--- G.

Re: Hard to get stoned anymore

Luk3y said:
I smoke like 5 grams and only feel partially stoned..

hahaahahahahaha,

even the biggest tryhard i know wouldnt try to claim he smoked 5 grams and doesnt even get wacked.

but i guess i dont know u :) but i do know ur full of shit.

well it all depends on the type of bud, the strength, the types of cannabinoids in the bud, etc etc...

experiment with different strains and see what gets you best....if not just take a break. (tho in 8 years of smoking, that hasnt been necessary for me).

Weed: Not as good as when you started?

i've been smoking as much as i can for 4 years, with the amount steadily increasing each year. now i smoke everyday, at least 3 times a day, and i have to say i dont think my highs are as nice anymore. i remember smoking like 2 bowls and just being retarded... now i just smoke and smoke to try and get that high again and it just makes me tired. nomatter how many blunts i smoke, bong rips i take, or bp's i cipher, it doesnt seem like i get really high anymore. its a sad, sad story.

^ Yeah. Dude.. take a break. That's all. Sounds like you need it..

Sometimes I find even just waiting and smoking once a day, as apposed to multiple times in the day helps as well.

I started 10 years ago. Always laughing, having a great time, so high I couldnt walk. That was along time ago. I pretty much enjoy smoking for the taste. The high is back in the past where I remember it last.

If you enjoy the buzz, take 30 days off and let your tolerance come down. Try smoking different bud after your vacation and i'm sure you will be happy you did.