• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

Random thoughts of mine:
* Cannabis tolerance definetly exists. I stopped smoking for a month and a half and two weeks ago I started smoking again - all day. After about the 10th day of being perma-stoned I noticed how I didn't even get high anymore.

* You don't need to take breaks as long as 2 weeks to reduce your tolerance. I can tell (from my own experience) that back at my boarding school we used to smoke every night most weeks, but sometimes for some reason we managed to control ourselves and didn't smoke till Friday, and well, I got way higher.

* It's not only a matter of 'how different your current state of mind is compared to that of a sober person' (how high?) but of the euphoria you feel. I've had times when I felt like I was on another planet, but without much euphoria and I've had times where I got about as high as you get from popping zits with a wonderful euphoria, feelings of peace & relaxation, etc.

* REMEMBER: Marijuana is a psychedelic, which means, set & setting do matter. You can be on your all time tolerance high but still smoke a lil joint with some friends and feel dopey, giddy, happy, whateveryouwannacallit. This has a lot to do with the previous point, obviously.

Oh, and K'dOUTinAZ, I think you're wrong about that, again, from my personal experience, but who knows, maybe your (or my) mind works differently from the rest of these people.

edit: Oh, I just saw you wrote another post. Yeah, I do agree with you on that, there is a certain high point. Once it's been reached, all you'll achieve by smoking more is wasting money & feeling a lot more tired, lazy ... well, BURNT.

I used to be a heavy smoker! 2g upwards a day at least for a few years!

Used to roll a 1g high grade spliff just to feel it for 30 mins! I used to notice different strains had what I call a ceiling.

Like with mid grade stuff you could smoke a few spliff and then no matter how much more i smoked I wouldn't get any higher If anything i'd feel more normal.

With better strains the ceiling was still there just higher.

Anyway I gave up for 30 days and the next time I rolled a joint I was high after two tooks. Couldn't even half finish a spliff.

That was a few months back and my tolerance is still greatly reduced although I don't smoke as much in general anyway now.

So there is no reason for me to build such a high tolerance.

To me, THC tolerance is different than most tolerances. The first time that I smoke during the day, I get ripped but each proceeding bowl just gets me more burnt out after "the high point". My "high point", or the highest I can possibly get from the current buds I have, is usally after 2 bowls. The rest of the day I just feel hella burnt out. The next morning after some sleep, I can get stoned again. Actually, once I get some sleep, just as food does sometimes, I can get high again.

I have to agree with him. Well it's not like I don't get high later in the day if I have smoked a bunch earlier but it isn't as good USUALLY. One thing for sure, getting high the first of the day is the best.

* It's not only a matter of 'how different your current state of mind is compared to that of a sober person' (how high?) but of the euphoria you feel. I've had times when I felt like I was on another planet, but without much euphoria and I've had times where I got about as high as you get from popping zits with a wonderful euphoria, feelings of peace & relaxation, etc.

that's why i never find it worth it to quit for long periods. i miss the euphoria which i still get even if i dont get as high as i used to.

Hmm...many studies have found that there is in fact a reverse tolerance associated with THC. That is, due to the fact that THC builds up in the users fat long term use leads to a sensitization of the user to it's effects. 11-hydroxy-THC is also implicated in this reverser tolerence as some studies have shown blood level concentrations in long term users to be much higher after smoking than short term user's after smoking.

I've personally found this to be completely the case. SWIM is on year 4.5 of smoking almost daily, and SWIM get's very very high from two-three hits of medium grade, for several hours. When SWIM smokes high grade he can barely function, and would not even think of getting in a car and driving.

Do any other long term smokers expierience these effects?

I smoke daily or bi-daily(twice a day) around 1-2grams and when I stopped for about a month and smoked up I was blown the fuck away, I could hear every note in the Alice in Chains song

"No Excuses"

Damn, I love that song!

Hard to get stoned anymore

Ive been smokin weed for about 5 years now and Im finding it really difficult 2 get stoned from it. I smoke like 5 grams and only feel partially stoned.. Anyone got any ideas on how to get off me tree without having to get on other drugs which I dont wanna?

DEFINATELY take a break. Even if it's only for a week, if you're a regular smoker then it's a break you need.

Also, maybe try switching smoking devides. Bongs ALWAYS do the trick for me :)

Yep you need a nice break. If you can stand to take a whole month off do that. I always end up taking a month off some time in a year (drug test) and when i come back, i get so stoned. My friend had been smoking 3 years, took a month off, I have never seen him that stoned.

Whether you take a week off or a month off.. be careful because that tolerance can build back up quite quickly if you use the same smoking habits you had before.

Try smoking a couple days, then taking a couple off. Or waitin to come down before you blaze again.. couple things I find helps to keep that tolerance build more slowly.

Just thought I'd throw that in there..

It's time to take a break.. Pack up your bongs and weed for a rainy day! Tolerance is what pisses all us stoners off ofcourse... Trust me though.. you might even enjoy your break after the first week.. You will accomplish alot more thats for sure :) But if you're still screaming NOOO! at the idea of taking a break for a few weeks or a month.. Try smoking some different weed. Don't laugh at this, I've found it true before... But if you buy some non-hydroponic weed.. it's not only gonna be alot cheaper.. but because of the different cannabinoid levels to the weed your head is used to, you're actually going to get stonmed for a few days! SO basically, what I meant to say was.. try different strains.. but I really do think breaks are needed when you smoke as much as I do.

If you do decide to break.. On the first second, when the break is over.. Don't go charge down like 10 bongs you needed a month ago to feel a little buzz.. you might end up with a nasty panic attack.. In fact.. I would even recommend starting with joints after a break.. you tolerance won't kick up as much then.. :)

Splatt said:
Try smoking some different weed. Don't laugh at this, I've found it true before... But if you buy some non-hydroponic weed.. it's not only gonna be alot cheaper.. but because of the different cannabinoid levels to the weed your head is used to, you're actually going to get stonmed for a few days! SO basically, what I meant to say was.. try different strains..
I have found this to be true too.

i need to take a few weeks off...don't know about a month. But I would definitely like to see the difference from smoking now and smoking then. i don't get as high as i used to. I've been smoking for about 4 years...everyday. In fact, I can't remember the last day I didn't smoke. It's pretty much like eating. I couldn't even imagine not smoking..but it wouldn't be too bad I guess. sober people suck though..pe@ce

Defenitaly slow down, or go find you some good chronic, and if that doese'nt getcha high, you defenitaly need a week break or 2.

Switch to dank grab some ghani's if you can. I've also found that switching to different types works like, splatt said. I've been smoking multiple times daily for years and I've never built what I would call a tolerence, but I think if you smoke ALL the time then you get used to the feeling of being "high" so being "high" feels like being sober. Then when you take a break and come back(even one day). it's sort of like ohhh, that's it. (I know what I'm trying to explain in my head but not sure if its clear on screen though). Anybody know what I mean?

all you really need is a week if you can't handle more, i got sick and took a week off and then took 4 hits from a pipe and then a couple bong rips and i was stoned like a couldn't remember for a few hours. it was very nice.