• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Stems / Smoking Stems (merged)

dropten04

Bluelighter
my friend says he packs bowls of chopped up stems ....and gets as high as he would off a bowl of regular weed???true...false??:\

False, it gives ya headaches, i done it before, from hearin from word of mouth wen i was alot younger!

it won't get you high, you'll get a headache, and it tastes so disgusting it's unbelievable.

it'll get you high.. its not a good high, but its high... are you that pressed for cash that you gotta smoke shitty stems?

Actually, instead of smoking them, you could vapourize them(if you have a decent one). You'll still get whatever THC is in them, without having to inhale godawful amounts of stem smoke.

That's what I did when I ran out...

Stems have next to no THC. The only thing getting him high is whatever little weed rubbed off on the stems. Kinda like people who roast a bowl of seeds. Seeds don't contain thc, but it's possible to get a buzz off the residual shit on the seeds.

Stems have next to no THC

it depends on what kind of stems you are talking about. there are stems that are completely bare or stems that are completely covered in crystals. ;)

Smoking stems will give you a wicked headache...dont try it your freind is fucking with you. Plus it tastes like shit. I tried it when I was 14, stupid idead.

smoking stems for a prolonged time also can give you impotence problems in later life.. probably bullshit but so so many people believe it.. we never smoke stem

you can soak them in vodka for about three weeks or so, that should extract any THC into the alcohol. You'll want quite a few stems though.

Shypo said:
smoking stems for a prolonged time also can give you impotence problems in later life.. probably bullshit but so so many people believe it.. we never smoke stem

In my area the rumor is that it gives you cancer. I think this is probably all shit. But stems don't get you very high. Don't bother.

the entire plant is covered in trichomes therefore stems do have a certain amount of THC. However, compared to buds and even leaves, there's very little. An extraction done on a LOT of stem might give enough oil to be useful but smoking is a complete waste of time.

i never smoke stems, but the dank i get sometimes has a stem or two, and there completely covered in crystals. So i would imagine that has a certain amount of THC due to the high amount of crystalization on it.

this is a stupid question to any avid smoker...#1 your fiendin, go buy some pot...#2 no it will never get you high:p

when i was younger and really feinding, i woudl scrape the green from the thicker stems, break up the smaller stems, and roll that up with some resin scraped from my pipe into a resin/stem ball

it gets you stoned but smoking it is nasty as fuck and the high isnt much better

now i'd rather just be sober than smoke nappy shit. ill get a little buzz and want to smoke real dank ever worse than before

Last edited:
Probably false:

It can be true, but he'd have to smoke a lot more stems than a bowl. I used to save all of my stems, out of every bag of weed I got. After a few months, I'd have 20 or more scraps of stem. After five bowls of the stuff, you get stoned, but a headaches right behind you.

Re: Can you smoke a bowlpack filled of stems and still get high??

dropten04 said:
my friend says he packs bowls of chopped up stems ....and gets as high as he would off a bowl of regular weed???true...false??:\

The weed would have to be schwagggggadelic.

And Yes, stems get you high, but ewwwww, I'd rather smoke resin.

usually stems contain .1 - .5% THC from what I've read.

peace.