• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

do opiates give you energy?

Not really, all depends on the dose and type of opiod.

Usually Oxycodone and low doses of hydrocodone will leave me somewhat stimulated.

Now, morphine and fentanyl are very sedating and in no way stimulant like at all unless taken in very small doses.

I get like that too... Opiates usually make it easier for me to get my ass around and being productive. I think I did better in school when I was an addict... but on the downside there was that whole dependancy thing...

K'dOUTinAZ said:

I have both of these disorders and opiates have ALWAYS made me feel stimulated, yet still very relaxed. A feeling of "everything is alright". I actually work much better at the job and feel much more sociable on opiates, not energetic though like an amphetamine or caffeine. Just not nodding off or tired, I stay awake until the last minute of the euphoria

That's how it feels with me, however I have only experienced low doses of opiates 15-25mg. Never makes me close to noding. Usually effects are a nice warmth around my body and head/face, good relaxed feeling, but also a very awake feeling instead being really out of it.

Anyone tried lifting weights on opiates? Great stuff for the serious weight lifters

there was a study done with I think dilaudid, and people actually responded quicker and more accurate than on amps. I forget where I read this, but I know that this study did take place. So some opiates/opioids DO enhance cognitive ability, which I find very, very interesting.

kharma_bum said:
there was a study done with I think dilaudid, and people actually responded quicker and more accurate than on amps. I forget where I read this, but I know that this study did take place. So some opiates/opioids DO enhance cognitive ability, which I find very, very interesting.

On 'The Good Drug Guice' I read that morphine (And probably all other opiates/iods) actually increases your IQ while you're on it! :)

oxy gives me energy. Not the type where I wanna go run a mile, but the type where I feel straight up good and wanna dance and ride in cars with my boys, etc

...not only more energy and stamina, but the ability to concentrate on and perform irritating or unappealing mental as well as physical tasks (balance checkbook/do taxes, mow grass/weed garden in 95-degree-+ weather). This is really just a strong therapeutic dose (20mg hydrocodone), but I still think it's bizarre. And counterintuitive.

Lower doses of hydro - 5mg - 10mg, I tend to do stuff I dont want to do, for example, work =)

However if I do more than 20mgs, I get lazy and sleepy

i noticed lately that i too have a hard time sleeping if ive taken some opiates. even tho i want to sleep in my mind i cant for some reason. aside from stimulants opiates are the only other drugs that stimulate me and motivate me to change stuff about my life.

i get the same feelings with pot and get all hyped up with new ideas but nothing gets done and i fall asleep lol.

Once after a surgery, I was on a morphine drip. I was up
all night, although pain free. I felt a little wired. I can do
40mg of oxy and nod like crazy.

i don't get energetic in the least... but won't sleep. just rest happily in a state between sleep and awake. i tend to nod out for hours but never sleep. heh, sometimes it can take 6 hours to get one sentence written on here. ah well.

Codeine causes insomnia. The histaminergic action might make one more allert. If you need morphine to wake up, that´s what the doctors call chronic major depression.

I always thought I got hyper from opiates because i have ADD, but i guess its not just us ADD freaks... there was a time when everytime i did dope, i would get a huge hard on.. thank god that doesnt happen anymore (well usually not) sorry to be graphic -contin

when i snort dilaudid, i get a really nice rush then slowly mellow out and get that wonderful "warm and fuzzy feeling". lol.

Opiates give me energy, even heroin unless of course I'm nodding out and its alittle hard to have energy when you can't keep your eyes open no matter how hard you try. Just enough heroin or other opiates to get high with out anod make me more productice at work or home.

I have (real) ADD.

Been an opiate<3 user for almost 10 years, and the thing that keeps me wanting to go back to them (even after a couple of years clean) is the awesome energy mixed with euphoria it gives me. It's a "mellow energy" if that makes any sense. I'm willing to do more, and in more of a people mood. I feel like I can get along w/ anybody. then, if I'm still on my buzz at night, I am happy to just sit on the sofa and watch tv/surf the net/read, etc. anything, just so I can stay awake and enjoy the buzz (I think a previous poster put something like that - staying awake to not miss the euphoria).

ok, enough typing, where's my tussionex??? it's dosing time...=D

absent minded said:
yo this thread is from 2003. nice job.

thank you. I found it was still an interesting subject. (btw, "nice job" on what? posting an opinion?)

morphine based opiates are sedative. Thebaine based opiates are more stimulative.

i.e. morphine, dilaudid, etc vs. hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc

It depends on the opiod with me. On Oxy I have lots of energy, and in combination with alcohol, I'm a madman. It's like I'm rolling. Morphine on the other hand makes me very relaxed and tired. Heroin is sort of in between and so is methadone.

Note: Doing oxy and drinking is usually great fun, but can result in miserable hangovers. I wonder what the deal is with that? I think I'll start a thread on it.