• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

do opiates give you energy?

kristofires

Bluelighter
i swear. i cant even nod out anymore on opaites or sleep. i can stay up all night on them. how many of you get energy from opiates? i see people all laid out on the couch and stuff high on opaites, and i cant sit still.

It's very common. from your neophite user to your chronic junk heard...

I'd recomend some amphetamines first - when I was blissed on some random opioid I was fucking wired ... an MDMA tab helped!

If at first you dont succeed, fuck the world and band some speed!

[**DISCLAIMER**] Bluelight and all asscoiated entities do not advocate this advice, but I AWEAR TO GOD MDMA

Yeah,

Not really "stimulant" induced energy, just a slightly awakened, yet sometimes very drowsy feeling....

It depends on the opiate and amount consumed.....

Nope...not at all....in fact they make it hard for me to be productive...but sometimes that's just fine. :)

i find oxy stimulating, but then again i'm weird and can sleep on amphetamines

Thats what happens when you do opiates alot. I used to say my brain was flipped because opiates made me speed and speed made me nod (well not exactly, but I was amped out yet unmotivated) I think this has to do with experience with drugs. The more experience you have with opiates the more you need them to function, hence the awake, wired feeling.

At first they made me relaxed, but not tired. Then after occasionally using them for about a year they gave me energy, but now they make me tired and relaxed.

Kristofires, do you have bi-polar or (real) attention-deficet hyperactivity disorder? Psychiatrist believe that those who suffer either of these two disorders (especially during the depression stage of bi-polar), opiates actually exert energy rather than depress in the way that it would someone else. It still is a downer, but people who have these disorders have been found to have a high abuse rate for opiates for it creates excitability and an energy effect.

I have both of these disorders and opiates have ALWAYS made me feel stimulated, yet still very relaxed. A feeling of "everything is alright". I actually work much better at the job and feel much more sociable on opiates, not energetic though like an amphetamine or caffeine. Just not nodding off or tired, I stay awake until the last minute of the euphoria

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Kristofires, do you have bi-polar or (real) attention-deficet hyperactivity disorder? Psychiatrist believe that those who suffer either of these two disorders (especially during the depression stage of bi-polar), opiates actually exert energy rather than depress in the way that it would someone else. It still is a downer, but people who have these disorders have been found to have a high abuse rate for opiates for it creates excitability and an energy effect.

I have both of these disorders and opiates have ALWAYS made me feel stimulated, yet still very relaxed. A feeling of "everything is alright". I actually work much better at the job and feel much more sociable on opiates, not energetic though like an amphetamine or caffeine. Just not nodding off or tired, I stay awake until the last minute of the euphoria

i have seen a psychiatrist a couple times and he said im not. i dont think i am either. i went through some months of depression, but thats about it.

and phreex, sorry bro. no meth or speed around my parts. only shitty ass coke.

Vary rarely...

There are times that I get a big boost of energy but most of the time it makes me so, blah.

always have given me motivation and more energy. I have often wondered if its something to do with my ADD lack of dopamine.

back in the day, when i used to shoot dope constantly, i'd be energetic for about an hour after my shot, then id be a lazy bum, just wantin another hit. Now im on 140mg of methadone and it gives me the opposite of energy...it makes me wanna sleep all day.

dj nk

Definately. Opiates now make me energetic and give me motivation to do things that weren't important before. While meth on the other hand makes me chilled and relaxed. Maybe thats due to them both becoming so familar to my body. I've been a regular IV user of both for about 6 years. When I was on methadone for about 18 months I was completely hyper-active after my dose.

People who see me on opiates, any qty, any day, think Im on E. My house has never been cleaner, I just finished 3 classes and passed 3 finals, since I have a pile of OC80s and dihydrocodeine. If I do over half an OC80 in a day, I wont be sleeping that night. It is a slightly more expensive form of self medication than when I was prescribed dexedrine, but I feel better having my money going to a crackwhore mom in the desert than a greedy doctor. For myself I agree with the quote "There's only 1 drug problem, running out".

I have this exprience to w/ opiates to! Everyone I know takes one lays down goes to sleep. I feel like I just took 20 caffine pills. I clean like a mad woman too. I definitly am not a hyperactive person but I do have alot of mental problems like ocd, deep depression, pts, panic attacks could go on.

Im on hydrocodone now and I'm wide awake posting like a mad woman. Which normaly I don't do cuze I seem to kill all threads, lol. But I like to think I state things so well no one can come back at me ;)

oh yeah, and I am not really a regular opiate user. I use benzos almost daily but not a high dose.

always made me stimulated, even at very high doses, i cant shut up. I have ADD dont know if this may play a part.