• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

do opiates give you energy?

oxy always gave me a lot of motivation to get up and do things although I was very relaxed at the same time.

I dont get energy from them but if i do a low dose of H then i will stay up all night and just feel good. Only when i do a huge mainline i will nod off all night. Also fentanyl will keep me awake but just feeling banging the whole time so i dont mind

Opiates always gave me energy. They'd knock out all my friends but I'd do a bunch of oxy and clean the house and do my laundry. Of course, I got addicted and they didn't so I think the people who are stimulated by opiates are predisposed to addiction.

man thats exactly how i am, they give me energy and i just wanna go out and do stuff, or clean my house or whatever

if i take a big dose to get high ill nod out though but if i take a moderate dose to where i get a good buzz i have lots of energy.

i usually can fall right asleep if i want to, and if i cant i feel so nice it doesnt matter. its like being in a dream world. its great, can u tell im buzzed now?

Most every opiate I've ever done gives me some type of energy. Of course, some opiates are more stimulating than others, but all of em give me some degree of extra energy. Oxycodone is probably the most stimulating of the opiates (well full agonists atleast). Next to that, would be Buprenorphine, but this is, of course, a partial agonist opioid.

yeah i guess unless i take a bunch. but id have no trouble getting to sleep

Sounds like my g/f...she will clean our house, our neighbors house, and plant the garden at like 3 in the morning. haha. Then she'll watch tv shows until the sunrises. I'm more sensible. I'll only clean our house, and mow the lawn no later than 12:30am. My g/f is ridiculous.

kristofires said:
i swear. i cant even nod out anymore on opaites or sleep. i can stay up all night on them. how many of you get energy from opiates? i see people all laid out on the couch and stuff high on opaites, and i cant sit still.
yea they do to me

but they also relax me

if i lay there and zone out, they act like a sedative. if i am doing something like homework or school, they mentally stimulate me

p.s. the reason opiates are often very motivating to a lot of people is the extra release of dopamine. opiates dont 'directly' cause this afaik (they directly activate opiate receptors) but downstream changes include extra dopamine

also, the reason oxycodone is more stimulating, is because it is more specific to the MU opiate receptor, whereas morphine and hydrocodone activate both MU and KAPPA opiate receptors. the kappa opiate receptor is more responsible for the drowsiness opiates can cause

I'm pretty sure that the thing about the kappa receptor is wrong.

Oxycodone is highly mu1 selective, but morphine hits mu1&2

At medium doses, heroin and other opiates can give me some energy to dance around, kinda like how alcohol does.

On another note, Oxycontin is extremely stimulating, which is why it's my most hated opiate of all.

they did give me an energy bump. not a mad stimulant rush but a feeling of strength for sure.

somewhere sometime i did read that Indian labourers frequently take opium to help get them through the day.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
At medium doses, heroin and other opiates can give me some energy to dance around, kinda like how alcohol does.
It doesn't actually give you energy in the way speed for example gives you. It just puts you in the mood to dance and stuff... Alcohol too.

opiates always seem to lubricate my social interactions. i become more talkative, interact more, and i am less of a "hermit" i guess you could say. heroin and oxy were very good at producing those stimulating properties. fentanyl is wayy more sedating.