• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

i don't know what to do. WD

kharma_bum

Bluelighter
Ive been on H for about 1.5 months now. What should I do, I know I can't keep on getting H... should I got to a clinic or tell me doctor? cause I need some buprenorphine.. I think cold turkey is out of the question, you might know this, but I get the "seizure" type shit and I can't go through that. please don't flame I know this is MY fault and im paying for it now. any thoughts, advice, etc..?

if you don't think you can get off it cold turkey then you'll probably have to get on methadone but the problem with that is once you get on it you don't get off it, the chances of you finding a doctor in your area that prescribes buprenorphine and is taking patients right now is slim to none this is the problem i had when i wanted to get off dope, i'm not on 80mg of methadone daily and it's working ok but i know i will never be able to get off it and that scares me.

1.5 months is not shit (not to cut or to make your habit seem small)...

Seizures really dont come into play with opiate w/d, that mainly has to do with alcohol and benzo withdrawls. I would assume you mean really shaky feelings which I find benzos literally to be a lifesaver in detox. Any reputable medical detox worth its money will use benzo's in conjuction with other meds to help ease the 'kick'. I would strongly strongly say stay away from methadone, its a horrible drug that usually puts people in a worse situation than they are in to start with.

Here is a little help with Bupernorphine, I have had great luck with it, a 2 week detox on bupe would be pretty much painless for you.
http://suboxone.com/Suboxone/phys/pharmfaqs.htm

Another option which I probably would give the first try would be: Go see a doctor (psych/family/etc.) tell him what the deal is dont lie. Ask for medication that will help you thru a detox. Most common medicines scripted for withdrawls are as follows (at least in my experience):

Benzos - (Valium, Atavan, Klonapin, Xanax, Librium, Restoril) In that order
Clonadine (patches or pills) blood pressure regulator - helps
Phenagren - helps with stomache discomfort
Compazine - helps with stomache discomfort
Trazadone - helps with sleep
Seroquel - sleep
Ibeprophen (sp?) - aches and pains

I could type out a normal cycle that worked for me ask if you want to know.

So basically, stay away from methadone, try it cold turkey if that doesnt work or is to much pain see a doctor. If that doesnt work maybe try buprenorphine or maybe consider checking into a medical detox facility. Dont take my words for it though, look around there is plenty of information out there. As it is quite a common disease. Some people might tell you to take a weaker opiate to wean yourself off, i.e. codiene, hydrocodiene, etc. but I find it just prolongs the process.

best of luck... Summer is one of the 2nd busiest 'kick' seasons with the holidaze (Christmas) coming in a close second.

*edit*
Dont start worrying about how bad your detox will be a big majority of w/d is psychological.

thank you for the replies..

blahblah, I didn't mean seizures, what I meant by "seizures" was the shaking uncontrollably, where you can't lay still in your bed type thing, you know? I know that you are unlikely to get seizures from dope withdrawal. 1.5 months might not seem long to you, but I was useing a lot, about 2 bags a day on average. I'm SO lucky, out of nowhere I looked in the mailbox today, and there was my 2mg klonopins waiting for me! i had forgotten about these cause I had ordered them about 3-4 months ago and thought they would never come.. today was the day i needed them the most too. what a coincidence..

thanks for your advice. I have a couple more questions though, are REG internal med. docs alowed to prescribe buprenorphine to you? and also if I did go to a hospitol, of course I would never be able to get another vicodin in my life, right? even if it was legit. cause they would label me as JUNKIE. call em like you see em right?

from only 2 months of use, you should be ok with the kpins. just load yourself up on those until you pass out. try to distract yourself while you're awake. you're w/d period should only be a few days at the most. the psychological part is the killer--but you know I'm there for you bro! :) :)

I'm with you buddy. Good luck. Your lucky. Heroin is easy to kick. Try a 6 month-long poppy tea habbit. Now that's pain.

stuffed

You CAN get off methadone. I did. Had habit of 150mg in injectable amps. Reduced to 30mg then went onto subutex. Although i am back on it now (40mg) due to a stupid mistake i know i will get off it again. It just sucks due to the prolonged withdrawal, but if you keep reducing then switch to another opiate like bupe then you can certainly do it.

Yes, tell your doctor and he will help you out... its near impossible too get off of opiates/opiods without some type of withdrawl help... ive never been addicted but ive had friends seriously addicted too oxy 1 of the died 1 is in jail and 1 of them got off of it through the methadone program.

more power to you... I would suggest also going to a clinic, there have been people that died just from coming off of it. H is nothing to mess with. Good luck and post back on how you are doing. :)

ebeneezer
yeah it's possible to get off it, but likely? no.
then again, it's possible to win the lottery

^
its your choice. if u really want to u can. I thought i'd never get off the shit. I used for 10 yrs without a break. Sadly i got back on it a few month ago, but i WILL be off it by xmas. You need to take it slowly and keep to it. Reduce every two weeks if you find every week hard. Then switch to bupe. IMO thats the least nasty wd way.

just put it down you fuckin pussy dont let your mind control you just smoke weed and pop E the first day when you stop the H and keep smokin weed

lol, pop an E the first day of WD, that's classic, drugloverr..

thanks everyone for your help, i just got my klonopin and have been just eating them like candy 6mg is what i start with. and for those of you who said it is psychological, you ARE RIGHT. I handled my time much better this time than when i was first WD and it helped a lot. For those new to opiates like me and with WD no need to really psch yourself out about the WD, that is as long as you have benzos..

well i have work, and I have to ride my bike about 9miles, cause my car is broken, plus with WD and tipsy from klonopin, i hope i can be a good waiter. Ill prolly fuck up orders left and right...

kharma_bum said:
lol, pop an E the first day of WD, that's classic, drugloverr..

well i have work, and I have to ride my bike about 9miles, cause my car is broken, plus with WD and tipsy from klonopin, i hope i can be a good waiter. Ill prolly fuck up orders left and right...
Wow...I'm sure that an E would help with the anxiety... And the serotonin depletion will certainly make the WD easier (dripping with sarcasm).
Anyway, one thing that you should have done is taken a few days off of work, if you could afford it. I can't imagine anywhere worse to withdraw than a work environment. At least at home you can get nicely sedated from the kpins and pass out in front of the TV. Oh, almost forgot a couple of things: With the money you save from H, you can fix your car (motivation) and you may want to try the loperamide/quinine trick, if you havn't already. Quinine supposedly allows the loperamide to easier pass the blood-brain barrier, or something like that.

1.5 months? cmon dude. its not like your some 20 year junkie. you probably will barely get sick. get some benzos just in case and be done with it. 8(