• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

i don't know what to do. WD

thanks guys, I am FINE NOW all of you were right a 2month H habit ain't what it was hyped up to be. from what I thought, but you can't blame me, i didn't know and I thought that useing everyday for2 months would give me some pretty bad WD, but since it was my first time WD, give me a break will ya? Now I know. its all in the mind, im doing fine now, and for my job, i did take 1 day off, but i was fine at the job. thanks for caring guys... just shows you that some people actually care..

:)

glad to see your ok. 2 bags a day over 1.5 months is nothing and i doubt you were in much pain. good luck. oh btw whoever said you could die from opiate wd's i believe has been misinformed as I do not believe there have been any documented cases of this happening. it is very uncormfortable, but not deadly.

on the road said:
from only 2 months of use, you should be ok with the kpins. just load yourself up on those until you pass out. try to distract yourself while you're awake. you're w/d period should only be a few days at the most. the psychological part is the killer--but you know I'm there for you bro! :) :)

No way!

Klonopin is the worst benzo for sleep... and I built a tolerance to clonazepam far faster than when I was using diazepam or alprazolam.

Take some valium rather than Klonopin to chill yourself out. There is less chance you will become dependent on valium during your WD's from opiates.

just got my klonopin and have been just eating them like candy 6mg is what i start with. and for those of you who said it is psychological, you ARE RIGHT. I handled my time much better this time than when i was first WD and it helped a lot. For those new to opiates like me and with WD no need to really psch yourself out about the WD, that is as long as you have benzos..

Guess I'll insert the inevitable....be very careful not to trade one addiction for another...here. It is VERY easy to do and benzos are no better (worse possibly) to come off once physically addicted.

I know this isn't that helpful, but a small taste of w/d might make you more respectful of the power of opiates, and not get into a dependance situation.

Other than that, benzos & a weak opiate like codeine/DHC sould be enough to cope with quitting a 2 bag a day habit

ebeneezer_geeza said:
stuffed

You CAN get off methadone. I did. Had habit of 150mg in injectable amps. Reduced to 30mg then went onto subutex. Although i am back on it now (40mg) due to a stupid mistake i know i will get off it again. It just sucks due to the prolonged withdrawal, but if you keep reducing then switch to another opiate like bupe then you can certainly do it.

Why jump from metahdone to bupe if you can start on the bupe though?

guys, nobody ever answered one of his questions...its been two years :D

he wanted to know if once he entered a bupe program, if he would be able to get meds(like vicoden, oxy, etc.) EVER prescribed to him again???

basically, are you labeled a "junkie" on all your medical records once you have entered a bupe or methadone program?? or is it only a problem if you used your insurance??

HIPAA prevents you being labeled a 'junkie.'

Only your doc that prescribes will know unless you sign a consent form or tell other docs yourself.

What you should be aware of is that if you are prescribed meds later on, you may likely abuse them so maybe you shouldn't take them.

so what if you signed a consent form allowing them to release records if necessary??

is it basically just something that covers their asses?? at my bupe doc i did sign a consent form to allow my records to be released(if needed), but i think everyone doctor office ive gone to recently made me sign something similar...i suppose its some form of liability, right? hell even my pharmacy made me sign something similar...

[and duh man....of course i abused meds, thats why i am on bupe now :( but when im a little older and docs aren't so hesitant to prescribe me OCs or something decent, i dont think it will be as big of a problem. again this is different for everyone, but i have a legit pain problem...and if im only scripted X amount a month, im gonna make sure not to be a dumbass and binge and screw myself over the rest of the month...maybe once a week or something, tops!]

-ktx49

Last edited:
Right to Access: You have the right to request to access and/or inspect your protected health information in a designated record set.

Right to Amend: If you feel that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may ask to have protected health information in a designated record set amended.

Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures made by us of your protected health information after April 14, 2003.

Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the health information we use or disclose about you for treatment, payment or health care operations.

Right to Confidential Communications: If you feel that your life may be in danger if Assurant Health contacts you at the address or phone number maintained in our records, you may request that we contact you in a different way or at a different location.

Exceptions:
Records may be made available without authorization as follows:

As required by law;
For public health activities;
About victims of abuse, neglect or domestic violence;
For health oversight activities;
For judicial and administrative proceedings;
About decedents in limited circumstances, after your death;
For cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation purposes;
For research purposes;
To avert a serious threat to health or safety;
For specialized government functions;
For law enforcement purposes.

Anyway... if you do a little research on HIPPA you will see the without specific evidence or need your health documents cannot be accesses for any reason.

In my opinion you shouldn't be worried.

Winding Vines said:
more power to you... I would suggest also going to a clinic, there have been people that died just from coming off of it. H is nothing to mess with. Good luck and post back on how you are doing. :)

No one is going to die from a 2 month Heroin habit... no need to scare someone. Death is NOT a side-effect from opiate withdrawl... Pretty much only Benzos and Alcohol wd's can kill.

geetered said:
Yes, tell your doctor and he will help you out... its near impossible too get off of opiates/opiods without some type of withdrawl help... ive never been addicted but ive had friends seriously addicted too oxy 1 of the died 1 is in jail and 1 of them got off of it through the methadone program.

HEYSEUSS Marimba... we're talking less than a 2 month "habit" Hell, it takes at least this long of daily use to even build a habit (if it's your first one). People are completely over-reacting. Methadone???? You gotta be kidding me. Talk about jumping from the fat into the fire...

Tremors... they go away. From 2 months, you didn't say how much you were doing or how (snort, IV, smoked) but you may feel "slightly shitty" for a couple days at most. Bupe or methadone is absolutely 100% NOT recommended for a "habit" like this.

And geetered... lots of people quit decent sized habits cold turkey. It does happen. It's a bitch, it's not easy, but it's done a lot more than people realize. I holed up in a friend's apartment for 5 days after an 18 month gram a day habit with nothing but a shit/puke bucket and nyquil and some immodium (to help with said shits). I've been clean for over 4 months now. I've done several suboxone detoxes as well. They actually lasted shorter than the clean kick. Though I've done plenty of clean kicks that lasted only a couple of weeks.

I'm not putting any one down for "feeling like shit" from a small habit, but just pointing out that when ANYONE mentions "I am quitting dope" people jump in with "get on methadone" "get on suboxone" "get benzos" without any regard to the size of the persons habit, the length of use, the method of injestion (IV-ing 4 bags a day is going to be worse than smoking 4 bags a day).

Just a reality check.

cheers
doc

Some of you people sound unspeakably dumb by belittling a habit that has been going on for a short time.
I myself am a longtime opioid addict, but I don't think 1 and a half months sounds insignificant. Why, I've burned months of sobriety into nothing by using for just 3 or 4 days. My first opiate addiction experience I shot stamp bag heroin every day for *just* two or three months, followed by a month of rehab sobriety, followed by...the rest of my life thus far, the majority of which has been on opioids. Hmm...

Kharmabum POWER TO YOU!!!!! For fighting the good fight early on.

Some of yall on here should think: where would I be if I had been able to start to open up my eyes only 1.5 months into using opiods?

adifferentcity... I was right there w, everyone else until I read your reply, and very very well said. If I had known that you could even get hooked 1.5 months into my oxy habit and sought the help this guy is I shutter to think how my life may have ended up. As it is, I have been "clean" (on suboxone) for almost 2 yrs now after 8 years of IV oc and chiva habit.
Guys, we are in an opiate forum because we are opiate addicts!!! Everybody here likely knows the hell of withdrawal and the life we have all wasted on these fucking drugs. I say if somebody is asking for help, lets suck up our pride and not compare his/her habit to how cool we were with ALL the dope we were doing. And lets get them, offer them or point them to the help they are seeking...
Am I alone on this one lol???

^No, your not alone :) But, do remember that this topic is 5 years old: its been bumped by TLB for people to harvest info from.

I think it's great that you've arrived at your decision relatively early in your addiction. As for coping with wd, I would suggest trying to schedule an appointment with a doctor (authorized to prescribe buprenorphine/suboxone) as soon as possible -- authorization varies by state, as some states require doctors to obtain a specific license to dispense it. Of course, this option's feasability might be contingent on your insurance and the availability of buprenorphine doc's in your area.

You may already know this, but here is a website listing doctors participating in suboxone treatment by region (it is provided by the pharmaceutical manufacturer of suboxone/subutex):

www.suboxone.com

One last thing, most doctors will be inclined to write an rx for suboxone, as opposed to subutex.

There are many on BL much more knowledgeable than me regarding the differences between the two, but in short, suboxone is buprenorphine with nalaxone added, and subutex is without nalaxone (and generally given to pregnant women requiring treatment).

Nalaxone is added to suboxone for the purpose of decreasing misuse/diversion/abuse, etc. Nalaxone is a nasty opioid blocker, which (supposedly) won't adversely affect the patient if the suboxone is taken as directed, sublingually.

Last edited:
Quitting Opiates

I tried to get off of opiates (hydro/oxy) after 6yrs and thousands of $$. Went the methadone route because I was told that my opiate level was so high that I'd have seizures if I didn't taper off and Methadone treatment would accomplish that over time. After a year on methadone, even though it kept the buzz going, something had to change. I was at 165mg/day. If you missed a dose, you had to call in and say why (because they figured you were using). I called in and said I'm not coming back and went to a homeless shelter. "Against Medical Advice" I was told.
WD was horrible. I don't recommend any of this to anyone. Suboxone is the way to go. It wasn't available when I did the craziness I did to get better.