Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stilnox recreational use / dosage?

JayJ

Bluelighter
just seen my gp to renew a ligitamite script for diazapam, but for unknown reasons today he wasn't very forthcomming. Apparently he doesn't like giving addictive drugs to people of my age, i guess renewing scripts every 25 days would draw some kind of attention to a potential abuse or addiction.

anyways to make a long story short, ignoring my anxiety symptoms and seeming only willing to treat sleeping problems he gave me Stilnox - Zolpidem Tartrate 10mg. apparently an non addictive sleeping aid.

anyways doing a search i found some conflicting comments on recreational use, I was particulary interested when I came across expreriences of hallucinations similar to DXM! just wondering if anyone has any experience with this drug or what the recreational dosage is. searches of some US forums sugested anwhere from the 15mg - 160mg range! I guess it's propably of no real significance as they are totaly different chemical structures, but my usual rec dosage of diazapam is between the 100 - 250mg depending on how willing i am to share.

any helpful comments would be appreciated!!:)

Since you've never done it before, why not just try one (1) tablet and see if you even like it? If one doesn't do the job, try 2.

There's a fair difference between 10mg and 20mg of zolpidem tartrate, and a fair difference again between 20mg and 30mg... keep the doses low if you don't want memory blanks and amnesia.

As always, look to Erowid for trip reports and information: Erowid Zolpidem Tartrate Vault.

BigTrancer :)

Hey JayJ, welcome to the wonderful world of Stilnox!! In my opinion, Stilnox is the most underrated recreational pharmaceutical around - it's *awesome*. I'm the kind of person who easily slips into bad trips on acid or shrooms (paranoia, discomfort, agitation etc) but on Stilnox that's never happened. It's always a feel-good kind of trip, more similar to a low dose of K than DXM I'd say (and I've never had the yucky nausea from Stilnox that I get on DXM).

10mg usually just gives me floaty feelings and mild visuals (not as intense as on acid or shrooms, but things definitely move and wiggle... watch the carpet!!) and it makes me feel a lot more optimistic about things (it really helps with anxiety). I also get motivated to do random things like paint my nails, make playgrounds for my pet rats, write people weird letters and stuff. 20mg for me is the perfect dose (I'm 152cm, 53kg); that's when stuff starts getting really fun and whacky... inanimate objects become personified, so I'll be sitting there in my room, chatting away to piles of clothes... every sound becomes talking, so when I walk downstairs to the toilet (stumble, actually), the noise of my footsteps is the stairs grouching at me for stepping on them. When I close the door, it's giggling. Then when I take toilet paper off the roll, it's chittering back at the door... we have mad house parties! hehehe.

The *really* fun thing to do though is to write stuff down while you're on Stilnox. It will provide hours of entertainment later on!! I have a wall dedicated to my Stilnox trips,,, would you like to see some of my work? yea, I know you do.

***nesting my amoebas has god found
***jess and chest hair ridin a bike
***so many people in this room. people wanting hannibal.
***we directed an orchestra on iTunes!

and there's loads more whacky shit all scribbled on my wall, lots of it misspelled and some even written backwards like in mirror writing. It's weird... but so fun! According to my housemates I'm pretty nutty on my sleeping pills. heh.

Just a couple of things I wanted to point out though... personally, i put Stilnox trips waaay up there with my K and pills, but I've also read negative posts about it on Bluelight. So like, as with any drug, a good trip isn't guaranteed and I think BigTrancer had really good advice when he said start with 10mg. I would definitely not take anything over 20mg because it really does fuck with your memory. I actually have to get my housemates to look after my pills for me now, because if I keep them in my room, no matter how much I don't want to, I'll wake up in the morning with all the pills gone and no recollection whatsoever of having taken them, which is kinda scary. I've talked to other people who do the same thing too, so it's something to watch out for.

Also, I find that eating fatty/heavy stuff even a few hours before downing the stilnox really decreases the trip. I kinda went on a cookie dough binge for a few days last week and the Stilnox practically didn't work at all. So.. don't starve yourself, eat something yummy but I'd say leave at least 4-5 hours time for you to digest it before you down the pill. :)

One last thing I can think of: Stilnox WORKS with insomnia.. for me it does anyway, even with anxiety, and Temazepam didn't work on me. If you take it and lie down, you'll probably fall asleep, so if you want to trip you should sit around and make an effort to stay awake :) You'll end up passing out in the end with the music and lights still on, but I reckon that's all part of the fun. I hope I was of some help, and I really hope you enjoy the trip! let us know how it goes! *peace*

I just re-read my post and feel like such a dumbass for giving you my height. As if you needed that info. what a retard..

^ I liked your post :D You speak with the enthusiasm of someone describing thier drug of choice.

cheers for the info mutant, i'm so excited to try it out, enthusiasm increased 10x.

anyways sounds like fun:)

Last edited:
I finally got around to using stilnox recreationally last night, and while i can see how this strange drug could provide a wonderful experience, I can't honestly be too enthusiastic about my first. I guess it was the mixing with alcohol, so was entirely my own fault (I’d been at my local for a few drinks earlier but came home early due to an incident). I wasn’t at all intoxicated only having a few beers and so being a little bored I decided to try it. I took 20mg and about 15mins later I started to feel floaty and the floor seemed to be inclined. The last thing i remember is going to fridge to get another drink (which was obviously a very stupid thing) and waking up this morning with an empty packet of stilnox!

Some memories are being recalled as the day goes on, i remember having a dog in my room and a few other strange things occurring such as a bag having a baby in it, a toy skull growing hair and the toilet making strange noises. My brother also mentioned something about me having some hilarious conversations with myself in my room (which I wont go into). And although it seems like I had fun, I think next time i'll hide my phone, because despite the amnesia the call register in my phone suggests I made many repeated phone calls about every 10 minutes to a few of my "straight edge" female friends in the early hours of the morning (they now not returning my apology calls either!). Despite those regrets one remarkable thing I came across was a dialled number around 3:30am to a number I don’t know! So I called it again this morning to also apologise to whoever and turned out to be a really nice girl, and now we gonna meet up next weekend, sweet! but what the fuck?!?

Overall I think stilnox is pretty cool but the experience should've been better. Perhaps next time only 15mg, and definitely without any alcohol. Also probably best to hide the rest of the packet and your phone beforehand. Amnesia's always a bitch, especially when relationships are at stake and stilnox amnesia seems to be worse than benzo's too. So anyways i’ll probably do it again just maybe let things calm down for a few weeks.
Avoid the alcohol and Happy Trippin

Thanks for the report! I've heard similar stories so often with amnesics like this and xanax etc., people waking up hours and hours after they intended to with an empty box of whatever it was. Glad you've lived to tell the tale, good luck with the chicks. ;)

This is a fairly big coincidence that this thread was bumped, because just this morning a friend of mine had a somewhat unexpected encounter with this drug. From all accounts, it was a pretty friggen weird experience!

I find Stilnox is excellent .. for sleeping.

I don't recommend it as a recreational drug, unless sleeping is your hobby ;)

^^I agree. :| No recreational value at all IMO

And despite what you might hear it can be addictive and you will get a tolerance. So go easy if you think you like it.

^^^
Yeh, as with all sleeping aids IMHO.

Sleep should be a natural thing (most if not all of the time)

He Stilnox me about it

The last time I took Stilnox recreationally (perhaps 30mgs.... with 5 or 6 Cognacs), I 'realised' I had to pay to go to the bathroom in a friends house.

He found me throwing change in the toilet, and mumbling to a painting on the wall that I couldn't afford to go, could it spare a dime...

8)

Stilnox.... be careful with them.

quick Stilnox story about two mates

started drinking at home, and dropped some Stilnox, then the last thing they remember, was walking down to the local shops for more jim beam...
One woke up at his mates place, with two empty bottles of beam and two empty packets of Stilnox..

the other mate was no where to be found.. 3hrs later he comes stumbling into the house saying he woke up in hospital.. (wasn't a lie, as he was wearing a pear of hopsital pants).. he said he woke up to the sound of a doc and police officer talking, saying he got hit by a car and what they should do now.. he just got up and ran home (which is a 5mins walk)...

so yeah.. be careful with these things.. you may end up losing your pants. LOL

JayJ said:
Despite those regrets one remarkable thing I came across was a dialled number around 3:30am to a number I don’t know! So I called it again this morning to also apologise to whoever and turned out to be a really nice girl, and now we gonna meet up next weekend, sweet! but what the fuck?!?

aaahhahahhaha that's priceless :)

Good work dude!

I'm about to give Stilnox a first try, probably this evening. I got some the other day but I'm just still collecting information on em, I think I'm ready to give em a shot tonight :)

Astaroth.

Stilnox is certainly NOT an non-addictive sleeping aid. It has the same potential for abuse, tolerance and withdrawal symptoms as benzos. I've abused them regularly and do enjoy them. I ususally take them orally but snorted once and IV'd a few times. Combined with alcohol in particular can produce interesting hallucinations if you try to fight off sleep. We normally drink alcohol and dose from 40-70 mg. If you can stay awake the visuals are quite enjoyable.

stilnox is interesting.. i guess it depends on the person as to u liking the effects or not. the funny thing with them is after a while i got this funny tolerance.. where they still get me to sleep, but the weird things that go on while on them dont really come on as strong, no matter how long the break ie a few months.

A quick story for u tho.. the other night i was drinking bulleit bourbons.. i dont think u can get them over east but for anyone in perth.. give em a try 9% per can.. anways

I drank 5 cans and took 40mg.. i thought i was fine, the next day my mum said wtf happened last night!.. she said the toilet is broken like someone fell into it and someone has disconnected the tv and video, the video i found on the kitchen table she said.

Im not proud of it, but i enjoy it.. maybe im just weird :p