• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stilnox recreational use / dosage?

Don't mind

It's sometimes like you've done your homework twice.
What, with all those two minds 'n' shit.
:)

It’s been harder and harder to get benzos for sleeping disorders as most doctors prefer to hand out Stilnox which is the least addictive prescription required sleeping aid on the market at this time.

It’s a sedative hypnotic that is not as addictive as most other sleeping aids on the market, it is however still habit forming.

A small percentage of the population will experience the hallucinogenic side effects of Stilnox, I myself am highly sensitive to them with extreme aural and visual hallucinations on small amounts. I think I even sent BT a trip report one night after we’d been discussing the hallucinogenic effects although I no longer have it here.

I stopped taking stilnox and went back to my doctor for a xanax script because of the hallucinations, I has honest with him and told him that I deliberately stayed awake to enjoy the hallucinations and therefore as a sleeping aid it did more harm than good.

As a recreational drug... if it wasn't for the fact that I black out and end up waking up totally naked in the centre of the living room when the last thing i remember is running through the house because each room was playing a different style of music and I couldn't decide where i wanted to dance (true story)... I'd be eating them every night, they beat acid hands down as far as the whole hallucinogenic experience goes and that's saying a lot.

Info on Stilnox
Stilnox Consumer Information

Check out the the 3D molecule. I'm having trouble locating any info about the drug discovery employed in the development of this molecule. I can recognise benzo aspects (similar) of the geometry but it sure is a big molecule with some complex bond conformations, making it perhaps not as selective in SAR models.

If anyone has could post some specific references on pharmacology or drug development papers, it would much appreciated :)

Zolpidem tartrate 3D molecule

An interesting drug with the possibility of enjoyably strong hallucinations... for example, trying to walk up stairs while they appear a flat surface (not being able to tell between the stair surface and the vertical rise to the next stair).

Ive often found alcohol + stilnox to give the memory blanks described, and its kinda scary how often you *swear* you only had one or two, but the next morning theres way more missing from the packet... ;)

Really Not Worth It

Could you post that again?
I forgot what you wrote.

I've been an insomniac for 12 years, which sucks but it is gradually getting better. I was prescribed temazepam for years now I can only get Stilnox. I find it makes me more groggy in the morning than temazepam.

It's never occurred to me to use Stilnox recreationally but I have noticed that when I'm floating off to sleep, I sometimes get really horny but can't do anything about because I"m too out of it by that stage. Still, it feels really nice :)

After 12 years im suprised they still persist on prescribing Temazepam, as its fairly weak. For severe insomnia such as yours I'd be pursuing Chloral Hydrate or even Flunitrazepam.

Chloral Hydrate! 8o

IMO the only "good" use for chloral hydrate is with Chlorobenzene to make DDT!!

This compound has one mean addictive potential, please think (and read)about it very carefully before deciding to head down that road. If you need something stronger than tamazepam, ask about Rohypnol (Flunitrazepam).

my dad takes stillknocks quite regulary b/c he is such a light sleeper, and ive often woken up during the nite to get a drink only to find him walking round our house in a sleepy daze,well sleep walking i guess u can,he looks totally blank and doesnt rmember seeing or talkin to me at al the next morning...
as for me after a painful opertaion invlovivng all my wisdome teeth and my jaw, i was forced to take it as it basically was the only thing that gave me a chance to rest with my mouth in so much pain,i mustve had weird dreams cause mum kept telling me i was talkin or yellin in my sleep and i always felt like shit the day after taking it, so to me personally i cant c the fun in using this for recreation

phase_dancer said:
Chloral Hydrate! 8o

IMO the only "good" use for chloral hydrate is with Chlorobenzene to make DDT!!

This compound has one mean addictive potential, please think (and read)about it very carefully before deciding to head down that road. If you need something stronger than tamazepam, ask about Rohypnol (Flunitrazepam).
I know its extremely addictive and can cause terrible problems when used over a long period of time. I suggested it due to the longevity of his insomnia. Certainly not a first choice for a sleep aid, but for chronic insomnia its probably worth a shot.

well my first experience was a pretty f'ed up one...
i couldnt sleep so i thought mums sleeping pills would help me do so, took 1 tab of stilnox, fell aslepp.

woke up in the morning, was tired as fuck, so decided to stay home from school. I remember waking up, looking in the mirror and my eye was twitching insanely. I then went outside and talked to my dad (even though he was overseas at the time)
It was my first drug experience

I use Stilnox every week night, and sometimes after nights out to get back into my regular sleep pattern.

I have not ever noticed feeling groggy in the morning; although I would say that the 8 hours sleep I get from Stilnox is not of good quality. I went on a dose of tamaz for about a month and noticed that made me feel very doughy in the morning.

As for using it for fun I do. Sort of, I like the slight "moon boots" you get as it kicks in, apart from that I know If I have 2 or more Tablets I seem to wake to find lights on in the living room, slight amnesia I guess.

has anyone tried dexamphetamine to stay awake while on stilnox ? or is this harmful ?

ARGH!!!! STILNOX!!!

I hate the shit personally, but I used to have a lot of weird experiences on it... rolling around delusional and talking to friends in a half dream state, laughing and convinced there was a party around my digital alarm clock whilst in bed.

And they prescribe that shit for sleeping???!!!

Oh, in regards to dex, my friend tried to take some when he started coming down (really sensitive to amphs might I add) and he said he was tripped out all night and got no sleep.

I personally will stick to my benzos thank you very much ;)

I've found this post extremely interesting and helpful in explaining a few things. I too suffer from pretty bad insomnia, and was prescribed stillnox. I tried one the first night I was given them, and went to bed expecting and hoping to fall straight asleep. However, within half an hour, I was hiding under my doona from the huge herd of rhinoserises (sp?) running towards me, and yelling out for my stereo to stop repeatedly playing the sesame street theme song. I was pretty freaked out as I hadn't slept in about a week at the time, and never considered doing it again for fun...I went back to the doctors, got prescriptions for other sleeping tablets and forgot about it. I'm pretty sure I still have the box of them somewhere, so might give it a shot. I'm pretty small, so if I were to have only half a tablet instead of a whole one, would this amount be more likely to make me sleep? Thanks guys...!

I took 20mg Stilnox a while ago for my sleeping disorder... it was much like a mild mushroom trip combined with benzos. It was pretty enjoyable, but I went back to the doctor and complained about hallucinogenic side effects and received temazepam instead.

Unfortunately I wake up in the middle of the night from this... does anyone know what doctors prescribe if temazepam is no good? Is it Mogadon (nitrazepam) or something else...? Apparently flunitrazepam is an absolute last resort

I don't get it, when I had insomnia I was prescribed stillnox, and it puts me to sleep about 15 mins after I take it.
I couldn't stay awake if I tried.

heheheh hoooray for stilnox lovers :) 20 mgs is a pretty good dosage....me and my friends get all giggly and stupid on it. especially when taken after uppers or with a little alcohol (ooh, im trying to be safe here!??!!) I have an AWESOME suggestion for you : Stilnox and RedBull is the bomb. Crush up one 10 mg of stilnox and mix it with a bottle and drink it. You wont be sorry, trust me. :))))