• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stilnox recreational use / dosage?

^ In my experiences a lot of doctors are much more likely to prescribe stilnox than a benzodiazepine if you have no history of benzodiazepine use. Generally I find if I have a history of benzo use with that doctor then they will instantly opt for a hypnotic benzodiazepine, except in some cases where they are also prescribing an anxiolytic benzodiazepine, for whatever reason they seem to think it is safer to take a benzo and a z drug than 2 benzo's, not sure if it actually is any safer though.

I was first prescribed stilnox atleast 4 years ago now and I don't recall it ever being covered by PBS, less than 20 of the things (pretty sure it was 14 as lefty suggested) cost me more than a box of 50 valium would. I also found the fact temazepam is PBS covered a rather convenient excuse to switch.

Everytime I get fucked on stilnox I do heaps of stupid shit and generally ramble fucking nonsense. I can't say I enjoy stilnox but I will still take it if some doc pawns it off on me instead of a benzo. I wouldn't describe it as more reckless as when I blackout on benzos as I tend to be so incoherent and incapacitated its difficult for me to do much harm to myself or anybody else. Benzo blackouts tend to bring out a nasty side of me that stilnox does not.

I don't have any particularly amusing stories of benzo blackouts other than rambling absolute nonsense on msn (more than likely atleast some of which are members of this site lol). One time though I was at my mates house playing video games and his mum was using his computer, she takes stilnox occassionally to help her sleep and had taken one or two not long before this. Anyway, one of us warned the other of a sniper hiding in the game, and his mum overheard and freaked out thinking there was a sniper in the house or some shit, it was pretty fucking funny.

that fuckn sucks....

i swear the more stories i read about this shit, the more it puts me off even using it medicinally..

i mean, what kind of sleeping aid makes you hallucinate and talk to people that arnt really there? then all of a sudden, you wake up naked on the floor the next morning, with no recollection of what happened and an empty box of stilnox after you only took 2.. :p

^ the weird shit only really happens to people who have built up a tolerance and can't sleep unless they take like 3+. or if they are using it for recreational purposes.

If you use it as directed, and take it and then lie in bed, it is very doubtful it will cause anything other than sleep. Out of all the meds I have taken for insomnia stilnox and its cousin zolpliclone are the most effective.

^ I disagree, I have known numerous people to react badly to stilnox who did not have much or any tolerance and only took one tablet, maybe 2.

I find stilnox a useful sleeping aid, I should add that I sleep like a baby on the shit and when I get all funny I am using it recreationally to stay awake on purpose. There definately are people who are using it purely to sleep and still get funny effects, but it is less common I would say.

I should add, I find myself feeling so refreshed after a sleep on z-drugs. Personally as a pure sleep aid goes, so long as you don;t suffer from the negative side effects, I believe z drugs are superior to benzos. Probably the only other type of drugs that make me feel as well rested the next day are opiates.

^^ thanks for the information psytaco and DM..

if i do get a rx for this, i will most defiantly use is solely for medicinal purposes.... restavit really doesnt cut it for me anymore unless im doin 100mg+..

sorry to get off topic but a quick question... if and 18yo did see a GP about insomnia, would this be the most likely medication he will prescribe? (if he feels a rx is necessary)

There was a period where I would suggest stilnox was the most likely sleep aid to be given to an 18 year old, especially if it was the first hypnotic they were being prescribed. There was a bit of controversy over stilnox side effects a while ago and as a result GP's are probably writing scripts for it a little less readily, but it is still very common.

Imovane (zopiclone) seems to be being prescribed a bit more as of late, to me this is as effective a sleeping tablet as stilnox but doesn't make me as loopy, leaves a weird taste in the mouth however.

Seroquel is sometimes given as a sleep aid but it is mainly an antipsychotic, any time I have asked for it I got funnier looks from the doctor than requesting triazolam. I have known numerous people to be scripted 25mg serries for sleep but I would not say this is common.

Some doctors will try push 'endep' on you, which is a tricyclic antidepressant. It might help you sleep the first time or two you take it but you will feel shit the next day and it stops working quick. IMHO this is a bullshit drug that dodgy GP's will try push on generally young patients they believe to be drug seekers.

Temazepam is the most commonly prescribed hypnotic benzodiazepine. Nitrazepam, flunitrazepam and triazolam are available as stronger hypnotic benzodiazepines but they are usually only prescribed to people who have been using hypnotics for years or who have a high tolerance to benzodiazepines due to the use of potent anxiolytics (like alprazolam or clonazepam for example).

Pretty unlucky to get amitryptaline but it does happen, some doctors are just dead against sleep aids, personally I don't know who the fuck they think they are to tell me I am not entitled to a good nights sleep. Anything is possible but if you dont get the endep, for a first sleeper you will most likely be given temazepam or stilnox, with stilnox probably being slightly more likely.

I am pretty sure I have listed most, if not all, common prescription sleeping aids in Australia. There is the off chance you will get one that isnt temaze or stilnox but in my experience this would be very rare to be the first prescribed hypnotic. If you really don't want stilnox and the doctor offers it to you you could always say you tried it in the past and it made you sleep walk.

Do remember there is a chance you can walk out of there for nothing, they are not legally obliged (bullshit imho, how can anyone tell me I can't sleep or don't have the right to take a tool to make sleep easier) to give you a sleep aid just because you request one.

^^ thanks for all that information man, ive heard about a few of the sleeping aids you mentioned.. as for seroquel, theres some people around my area that use it recreationally and i know its an antipsychotic and i have read about it being used as a sleeping aid but i wouldnt want to take it fullstop.

ive had insomnia for years, sometimes bad, sometimes not too bad... (been smoking cannabis regularly for the past few years, alot to help me sleep because it does help) atm, where i work, my shifts are over the place and half are 5am starts, and others finish at 10pm so it fucks my sleeping pattern and i work weekends aswell which drains me..

i know i may walk out of there with nothing but im just gonna tell him my situation and tell him that ive tryed restavit and it doesnt really do much besides make me drowsy.. but yea thanks for all the info, just hope the appointment goes well

I don't think too many people use seroquel recreationally but anything is possible, just because it is an antipsychotic doesn't mean it doesn't have other uses. I think people can be too quick to write off a drug based on a label like anti psychotic or anti depressant without realising they can in many cases be helpful for other things, in this instance sleeping.

I gather from the name pisspotnrock you refer to marijuana, alcohol and methamphetamine. If this is the case and it is safe to assume you use methamphetamine recreationally then I can tell you I have not encountered a better sleeping tablet for when I am on meth. Seroquel is a dopamine antagonist so it blocks a lot of the effects of amphetamines as well as being a sedative.

^^ your spot on with the name mate lol

yea to be honest, the whole anti psycotic is what put me off seroquel, and the fact my mate reckons he has had two n passed out (he didnt want to, lol)... guess that just backs up the fact that it is a good sleeping aid! and yeaa when we hit the gear on the weekends (odd weekday), its next to impossible to sleep unless we wait 12 hours minimum after last pipe/line and sink some piss accompanied by plently of cones haha... (no amount of restavit will help) the fact you mentioned Seroquel is a dopamine antagonist would make it perfect for comedowns..

once again, thanks for all the information..

Pisspotnrock I feel you on being stuck awake for ages after that last pipe or line, years ago when I used to hit the pipes numerous times a week I would always drink alcohol constantly just so that when I would smoke cones they would sedate me more and I would have a hope in hell of sleeping.

Seroquel wont kill a high dose of meth in a low to moderate dose, but I have (stupidly and wastefully) managed to fall asleep less than 2 hours after my last pipe (of decent gear mind you) after a big dose of seroquel, and I am NOT one of those people that can do a big dose of meth and fall asleep a few hours later unaided.

^ Something like 200mg, I would undoubtedly of smoked buds and maybe taken a little benzo as well, but seroquel really does the trick. For the record 200mg is a pretty high dose and I wouldn't reccomend anyone who's never had it go taking that much. Most people I know can KO easily off 50mg or less, I have always seemed to have a slightly higher tolerance to it and I also had a lot of meth in me when I took it.

^ Something like 200mg, I would undoubtedly of smoked buds and maybe taken a little benzo as well, but seroquel really does the trick. For the record 200mg is a pretty high dose and I wouldn't reccomend anyone who's never had it go taking that much. Most people I know can KO easily off 50mg or less, I have always seemed to have a slightly higher tolerance to it and I also had a lot of meth in me when I took it.

fuckkk that really is a high dose... even considering all those factors i wouldnt dose over 50mg, unless i had been takin it for ages with a wiked tolerance..... and no more gear left to smoke haha

sandoz zolpidem

i would like to know if anybody has tried this brand because, i took it yesterday
and it didn't do anything.
i usually take zolpidem dp or arrow zolpidem and they work well.
but they don't, stock them anymore.
sandoz zolpidem seems to have no effect on me.

Hi demerest, I've just merged your question into the existing stilnox/ambien thread. Technically all brands/generics of any medications in Australia should be pretty similar (with perhaps different absorption rates due to binders used). As such I'm not sure why you wouldn't get any effects froim the sandoz brand?

Hmmmm.

Its been a while since I have taken stilnox, so I can't be sure. but sandoz is a pretty well established generic, and I probably have taken it as I always ask for the generic brands. I know I often got sandoz for zoloft, and it worked perfectly fine.

I would say it is morel ikely to be a matter of tolerance. Did you just take one, but previously you take larger amounts? if by nothing, you mean it didn't get you too sleep?

^ I would say tolerance. Any difference in absorption because of binders or fillers shouldn't be great enough that it does nothing.

They don't stock zolpidem-DP, eh? I wonder who the distributor for that generic is...

mm stilnox lol...
cant use it cause i have one or two and wake up next to an empty pack and evidence of a trip to 7/11 or maccas, but no memory to match...
plus i usually wake up mid way through sleep due to the short half life.

has anyone tried stilnox cr?
im curious to hear ppls thought on it.
i use imovane mostly due to its longer half life, but build up a tolerance to it pretty quick and hate the taste the day after.

and sorry to go off topic, but has anyone been prescribed nitrazepam, flunitrazepam or triazolam?
i've had doctors tell me if temazepam or stilnox doesn't work nothing will lol - i know this isn't t case, but i've never been offered any of the above benzos.

^ I tried stilnox CR, but I generally did my best to make them IR.

I have never been offered any of those strong hypnotics either and have had many a dirty/suspiscious look when asking after any of them. I have known one or two people to obtain a prescription for nitrazepam, generally they had to go back and bitch that weaker alternatives didn't work several times before it was given out.

It really shits me how doctors lie to you like that and treat you like an idiot. Why can't they just be straight up about their suspiscions? They expect you to be up front but don't feel obliged to act the same way, shitty if you ask me...