Bluelight

Thread: Zopiclone with Alcohol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Zopiclone with Alcohol 
    3, 7.5mg pills followed by a beer. Problem?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Zopiclone with Alcohol 
    Originally posted by Frustrated
    3, 7.5mg pills followed by a beer. Problem?
    Probably asking for amnesia, although it would depend on many factors, such as your tolerance to the pills, your regular ETOH intake, etc. But, to error on the side of caution, stick with one or the other, or start out smaller.

3. Collapse Details

I happen to have something not dissimilar planned tonight, so....

*bump*

--- G.

p.s. I assume you survived without major incident?

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Amnesia 100% for me
    Yesterday i took 7 beers , and 3 hours later i ate 4 x 7.5mg of zopiclone ..
    30 minutes later , i felt very smooth .. and .. BANG .. Blackout !!
    i don't remember anything ... (after the zopiclone start)
    i slept like 12hours ..
    Not so fun drug with alcool , it's more like blackout on ghb

And i think it's very dangerous if you smoke cigarettes at home with this combo.

5. Collapse Details

And i think it's very dangerous if you smoke cigarettes at home with this combo.
    All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 13:41.
    care to elaborate? are you referring to a fire a dropped cig might cause?

6. Collapse Details

^Or it falling on you and burning you. I know an addict who shot a whole bunch of H and nodded out with a cig in his hand, it burnt all the way down while resting on his leg, and he didn't feel it... hard to imagine...

7. Collapse Details

^^^yuck, imagine the infection

3 zopiclone?????thats enough to knock me out, and a beer to top it off would just make me pass out faster.

iv never tried this combo but i might pop a couple zopiclones the next time a get a few drinks just to get more kick into my liquor buzz.

8. Collapse Details

Last night I had 2x 7.5mgs and a shot of whiskey.

Pretty much a blackout.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I did this with 9 beers and woke up in the middle of the ghetto in south St. Petersburg in the middle of the road having just been hit by a car. It WILL make you black out and possibly walk around while blacked out, I don't recommend it.

This is all true. No broken bones thank god, but a hell of a scary experience.

10. Collapse Details

My local customs and excise officer wanted to know if it'd be safe to take a 3.75mg pill after 2 cans of budweiser?

11. Collapse Details
    likely some crazy shit that you won't remember 
    hopefully nothing too bad...
    Last edited by Bell Ringer; 19-10-2009 at 21:27.

12. Collapse Details

once I did this combination with zolpidem + alcohol, blacked out, and ended up telling my dad at 4 in the morning that green space aliens had taken over my room

13. Collapse Details

Is there a cross tolerance with these z-type drugs and regular benzos?

I'd never taken a z-drug besides zolpidem a few years ago but my benzo tolerance is quite high and I have to take like 30 - 50mg zopiclone atleast to feel drowsy (new insomnia med been using just recently).

I'm hoping there is a cross tolerance, just to know my insomnia isn't actually that bad.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by puckboy View Post
    Is there a cross tolerance with these z-type drugs and regular benzos?
    From my experience, yes. I have heard this from others as well but never had any solid info.

15. Collapse Details

It seems there is from my experience too. I could not possibly have a natural tolerance this high to the z-drug type variety. Definite cross tolerance imo.

Quite annoying actually.

16. Collapse Details

i have taken 15mg of zopiclone and am drinking vodka and have cocodamol what can i expect?

17. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    ^^^^ To not remember anything starting ~45hr after drinking, and doing really stupid shit before passing it in a strange place in a strange position.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by vicodelicious View Post
    ^Or it falling on you and burning you. I know an addict who shot a whole bunch of H and nodded out with a cig in his hand, it burnt all the way down while resting on his leg, and he didn't feel it... hard to imagine...
    i know the addict who burnt his hand with a cig to the bone,and felt nothing nodding.something like that with cigs did happen 2 me

19. Collapse Details

I was on 2x5mg of Zopiclone for about a couple of weeks once. On one occasion I drank a beer (Slowly, 4,5%, 0,5l in roughly 45min) without thinking. There were really no side effects at all apart from what I regularly get with zopiclone except for the last 10min before going to bed being a bit hard to remember.

I can imagine some of the 3x7,5mg plus several beers combo mentioned above might end up with black out.

20. Collapse Details

depends on tolerance. No tolerance to zop plus booze WILL have you falling all over the place & blacking out. Tolerance, you'll probably just feel tired. Either way you'll feel shit next day. They are two drugs that just don't mix well in my experience.

As for the cig thing, if you're alone at home in possible pass-out mode, smoke hand-rolling tobacco. Unlike tailor-mades they just go out if you stop actively smoking em.

21. Collapse Details

Zopiclone and alcohol may very well lead to you spending an hour or two over a toilet. Other than that and the amnesia, no real problems.

22. Collapse Details

Also there's a cross tolerance issue that needs taking into consideration with both the other Z drug-zolpidem & benzo's in general. Thats just my opinion tho, but I'd still advise extreme caution with zop & booze whatever else you might be taking.

Zopiclone is good with opiates in small amounts, but again thats just my experience.

23. Collapse Details

Zopiclone is the best sleep aid I've tried so far. Good nights rest imo & apparently it doesn't have the same negative effect on sleep quality like other benzos do. Absolute drag about that mettalic tongue tast tho; i drank water last time i took zimovane & i shit u not it tasted like vinegar mixed with sand!

24. Collapse Details

I Started to take Zopiclone (7.5mm Tablets obtained from the net as my Doctors & contacts refused to give me these pills and warned of what could happened if mixed with aclohol). I suffer from tinitus in my left ear which was causeing sleep deprevation (hence the pills). I do tend to drink a lot of alcohol during the day so this mix wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had.

I am 38 years old, male (85kg), pretty healthy and strong.

I strongly do NOT recommend taking these pills for any duration over a week and certainly not even considering alcohol for the next two weeks afterwoods.

I was taking one 7.5mm pill nightly and drinking average amounts of Wine, Cider and Beer during the daytime

After a month of this mix woke at 04:30 last week with extreme tremours and hot cold body temp fluctuations. forehead and face looked like hell, almost toxic and alergenic. I knoew something was very wrong. I hadn't taking any pillls for over five day but was still drinking daily.

08:00, I called my doctor who was not much help at all and told me to go to Emergency and make some sugared black tea in the meantime

I made a tea and started to walk to my front room, I WOKE UP AN HOUR LATER ON MY BACK AND STARING AT THE CEILINE, I had collapsed and covered in tea, my back hurt like hell and I had a golfball sized lump on my left arm (from I guess from hitting the TV stand). If it had been my head that hit that solid wood stand I would be DEAD (no if's or buts about it).

I was shortly in hospital Emergency with a fractured Back and on Oxygen. I then went into
    complete arrest and had what they are calling a seizure FOR OVER HALF HOUR. It was close.

I have no previous seizure history and have never fainted or passed out EVER.

Zopiclone are fabulous tablets to assist sleep (apart from the metalic aftertaste) but DO NOT DRINK ANY ACLOHOL with them if you have been taking them for over a week.

I hope this helps somebody and stop anyone getting hurt.

If you want anymore advice about these tablets PM on naj01@live.co.uk
    Last edited by dinomax; 07-09-2010 at 12:46.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dinomax View Post
    I strongly do NOT recommend taking these pills for any duration over a week and certainly not even considering alcohol for the next two weeks afterwoods.
    two weeks afterwards? - that's ridiculous. the issue here is acute interaction. if you were unlucky, you'd have an immediate blackout, but only for the duration of the drugs' effects. I've taken zopiclone at the conclusion of many a bender without any problems, but strictly at 10mg (i.e. one pill).

in fact, I'm considering some soon. I've been drinking heavily for 10 hours now, and intermittently for 48 hours prior to that (amphetamine binge) and I really need to sleep now. I take zopiclone regularly (around 1 out of every 3 nights) and appear to have some degree of tolerance (maybe that's my saving grace).

but fingers crossed - I've never taken the medicine after drinking this large an amount. hopefully I'll report back later to offer my experience... assuming I remember. either way, I expect things to be fine, especially considering my only obligation tomorrow is a heavy metal show at 8 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast