⫸STICKY⫷ Drug Studies: Graveyard

Drug usage questionnaire- need MDMA users

Hi guys,

I was hoping you could help out a long-time lurker:

I'm a psychology student at UWE in Bristol, England. I need participants for my drug usage questionnaire. I'm hoping to recruit as many current and past MDMA/ecstasy users as possible.

I'm also happy for users of cannabis and cocaine to fill the questionnaire out too. If you're a polydrug user, then even better! :)

The questionnaire has a small part on demographics, drug usage and a bit on your health.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions on the subject, before, after or during.

I will also make the results available here and to anyone who takes part and requests them.

LINK REMOVED - SURVEY CLOSED

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Some questions can take a while, but as long as you go back to the page with same IP, it'll take you back to the question you were last on.

Done man. Never done E, but I am actually trying it on Friday, or Sunday, so I filled the "quiz" out for marijuana use. I'm an American by the way, but I doubt that matters for your questionnaire.

Done man. Never done E, but I am actually trying it on Friday, or Sunday, so I filled the "quiz" out for marijuana use. I'm an American by the way, but I doubt that matters for your questionnaire.

Thank you very much for your time. Everyone's welcome. =D

those charts are a bitch. all drug surveys have them too, like that is something that can be reasonably filled out. fuck, you ask if we can even recognize characters from scene to scene in a tv show, and then ask us to give a quantitative rundown of our drug use, month by month, for the past 10 years. i can remember the characters between scenes; it's the commercial breaks that get me.

I noticed something wrong with your survey.. the first lot of multiple choice questions answers go from Always to Never, then the last page it goes from Never to Always..

I warn you now though that alot of my drug use history was half guess work.. I don't remember that much detail.. i've been doing alot of drugs for a long time ;)

Alan, Glad you've been able to recruit some respondents.

We usually like to have more information about the researcher and their university so we can follow up study results, so I'm recording all that here:
University of The West of England, Bristol.

Researcher: Alan Paterson
alan2.paterson [at] live.uwe.ac.uk

Academic Supervisor: Dr Chris Alford
Chris.Alford [at] uwe.ac.uk

[Toronto] Cognitive effects of ketamine, cannabis and poly-drugs

Researchers at Ryerson University are interested in studying cognitive performance associated with the effects of ketamine, cannabis and other recreational drugs, in comparison to the performance of drug-naïve participants. Your participation will require completing questionnaires about drug history and experiences associated with both legal and illegal drugs. Questions about personal experiences may cause psychological discomfort. In addition, you will be asked to complete various measures regarding your experiences, thoughts, and feelings, as well as virtual-reality and other computerized tasks measuring navigation and memory skills. Information learned about you in this study will be maintained secure and confidential within our lab.

We are recruiting individuals that currently use ketamine or cannabis at least once per month. We are also recruiting individuals who are currently using other recreational drugs (all types), as well as drug-naive participants. Overall, participation will take 2-3 hours, for which you will receive $10-15. Your participation in any/all components of the study will be on a voluntary basis. You must be between the ages of 18-60 to participate.
Please contact the BIM Lab at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
It asks if you're taking any prescription medicine. I think the question you meant to ask is whether you're currently prescribed any medicine.

The survey has been taken down; does that mean you're not accepting anymore questionnaires and/or your research is complete?

How are you framing your research? What is the question you are hoping to answer? This stinks of a survey of convenience if I've ever seen one. I'm sure you want to draw conclusions for a population of individuals larger than users of Bluelight.ru which is all you're going to get using this surveying technique.

I'm not trying to discourage or berate you in any way I just want you to be successful in your study. This is an undergraduate thing right? Are you hoping to publish it? If you are you need to take a serious look at your methods. PM me if you want to talk about taking accurate statistical measure. I've been doing research for a long time, mine mostly involves plants but the statistical principles of information gathering are the same.