⫸STICKY⫷ Drug Studies: Graveyard

Looking 4 Opinions on Safe Injection Facilities from people that work w/ IV drugusers

I am a graduate social work student. I am doing a small research project on Supervised Injection Facilities as a harm reduction intervention. I am most interested in hearing from people in the SF Bay Area region that work directly, or indirectly with IV drug users in some capacity. I have 5 easy open-ended questions listed that can be answered via email.

Please let me know if your are interested,

Thanks

Daniel Muñoz
MSW candidate at SFSU

[email protected]

Ecstasy/MDMA use and personality.

Hey all.

I'm in my final year of my psychology degree and i am conducting this research for my final year project.

This study aims to examine the relationship between an individual’s ecstasy use, and their personality. All participants in this study must have used ecstasy one at least one occasion in their life.

If you choose to take part in this study you will be required to complete a questionnaire that will take approximately 20 minutes. You will be required to answer personal questions concerning your ecstasy use and personality.

If you wish to participate in this study you should be aware that your data will be used for academic purposes towards fulfilling the aims of this investigation. However, all responses will remain anonymous and your data will be treated with the strictest confidence.

It is important if you decide to fill out this questionnaire that you take your time and answer the questions as honestly and accurately as you can.

So if you fancy taking part then please follow the link below

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=4ad2c570-61f2-42ab-a3e3-6f7a7dbe76c0

Research name: Jennifer Martin
Institution: Department of Psychology, University of Portsmouth, UK
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi knowledgeknot - thanks for posting your study! A very interesting topic!

Just a question: you say you are mostly interested in opinions from your local area. However are you at all interested in opinions from outside SF bay? If you are only interested in getting local opinions and no others, best we note that here as this will reach folks across the world.

eg. I could definitely get you in touch with workers in Australia with opinions on this if it fitted your study.

good for you Daniel for entering such a helpful occupation
I'm sure u'll do lot of good and harm reduction
you can always contribute your knowledge here on Bluelight, it's much needed
it can give u practice for the real world social work

good luck

Hi there!

Thanks for posting your study. I enjoyed completing it. I can see what you are trying to measure and will be interested in looking through the results.

In keeping with our guidelines, I've added your name and email into your original post. This helps our members and the moderators to contact you directly if they have a question.

We also really appreciate you returning to this discussion once you have completed the write-up with some results or links to related publications. Having your details here allows us to more easily follow that up.

thanks again :)

Some of the questions were confuseing. Haveing the scale accross the top is fine but generally the questions should all be pro or con other wise it can be confuseing and require alot of thought (maybe thats the point?)

I cant remember the questions but for example

I like to start conversations?

and

I don't like to start conversations?

both are at either end of the scale and haveing heaps of the questions at either end I had to keep double checking which end was which. I have had a few beers and did go to a public school though.

Also should the study ask if your currently under the influence of a substance because that could skew the answers. Purple monkey dishwasher hasj hsa 5 dollars?! get out of here...

Please come back with the results, im curious. Just about every personality type I know uses E so I find this intresting

static_mind - I had the same thoughts about direction of scale.

From my review of the research on survey design, they reckon you should (1) have it consistent, (2) have the positive attitudinal extreme on the right hand side of the screen.

Yes people actually do research on this kind of thing ;)

It is also quite useful to have one item asking participants about their current state of mind. Mine was more like 'do you think there is any reason why your data shouldn't be included? eg. drug/alcohol use, low concentration, etc'. Some people do these surveys more to alleviate boredom and aren't really taking it seriously. This can screw with your data too!

Drug Preference and Personality

I am conducting a study regarding drug preference and personality for my undergraduate thesis at York University in Toronto, Canada. It involves filling out various questions to determine drug preference and use habits along with a few questions designed to measure certain personality characteristics related to drug use.

Please be sure to read the directions carefully because the questions may seem confusing at first. If you have any questions or concerns, you may mail me at [email protected] or my professor at [email protected]

The survey isn't long and it shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes to complete. I will be publishing the results upon completion after May 14th so for an analysis of the results just send me an email and I'll be happy to provide them to you.

All participants must be over 18 years of age or the equivalent age of majority in your country of residence. All results and information will be kept with strict confidentiality and will remain completely anonymous.

Click the following link to take the study. Thanks for your participation!

URL removed. Survey complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea! I have wondered this myself!

Please let us know what you get back.

~Winter~

Just took it, very good questions. I also particulary enjoyed the writing bit.

I liked the writing part too. I was able to clarify a lot that I think I wasn't able to convey in the actual survey.

Took the survey, and I'm glad I was able to participate.

Thanks for posting this dcadieux and good luck with your study!

interesting survey, i just took it. thank you for giving us (me?) the opportunity to do so.