⫸STICKY⫷ Drug Studies: Graveyard

Cannabis research: web survey (AUS) or in-person interview (Sydney)

Cannabis research

Are you a regular cannabis user or concerned about someone’s cannabis use?

Researchers from the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre would like to talk to people in the Sydney area who regularly use cannabis, or are in treatment for cannabis use, about ways to improve cannabis treatment services. We are conducting this important study throughout 2008.

A confidential online survey for people who are concerned about the cannabis use of a friend or family member can be accessed by following the prompts at http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/

Interviews can also be done in person, one-to-one. The interview takes about 30 minutes and is strictly confidential. You will be reimbursed $30 for your time and expenses. To organise an interview please contact Peter at NDARC on 9385 0269 or email [email protected].

I took the survey. Seems pretty to the point and useful. I like that there was room for comments on every section. Good survey over all. Took about 20 minutes to complete.
<3 MAPS <3

I'm having trouble completing the survey / questionnaire due to conflicting feelings about some of the questions on it. I strongly believe LSD has the ability to help alot of people with mental problems, but i also think it has the ability to make them alot worse.

All i will add:

MDMA is teh fckin god send when it comes to treating psychological disorders such as PTSD and depression.

^ IMO, yeah, MDMA is great for treating depression, but only short term. I used it A LOT in a short amount of time (I'm talking like every other day for 3 months) because I was so depressed and I thought it solved my problem. But the reason I used it so often was that the day after I would be SO much MORE depressed/suicidal. You know, crying for no reason, needing to stay with the people I rolled with for the following 24 hours because I couldn't stand to be alone and no one but them understood me anymore (or so I thought because of the X).

Also, after a month or so, and then for awhile after stopping, I developed ADD symptoms like I never experienced before.

So yeah, I would love if there was a pill that made me feel like I did on MDMA just constantly and without frying my serotonin neurotransmitters...

filled it in...had to comment at the bottom that IMHO, opiates and stimulants can work great for anxiety too, without all the wonky "WTf is going on" of psychedelics.

I'm having trouble completing the survey / questionnaire due to conflicting feelings about some of the questions on it. I strongly believe LSD has the ability to help alot of people with mental problems, but i also think it has the ability to make them alot worse.

Yeah. I answered the same way w/r/t MDMA. It can help people, but it can fuck you up as well.

Rob: Might have been easier to complete if it wasn't all on one page; also needed 'I don't know/no opinion' as an option - I answered for K, but I really have no strong thoughts one way or the other, I haven't taken it often enough.

Prescription Drug Use and Personality

Experiment Protocol # 08-207
Prescription Drug Use & Personality

Investigator
Nicholas Van Dam B.S.
Department of Psychology
University at Albany
[email protected]

Study Description
You are being asked to participate in a research study designed to investigate the potential relationship between various personality characteristics and illicit drug and nonmedical prescription drug use. The study is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Mitch Earleywine, Department of Psychology through the University at Albany.

Your participation in this research study involves completing several computerized questionnaires pertaining to your personal characteristics, emotions, interests, and behaviors (including your likes, dislikes, use of legal and illegal drugs, and participation in risky behaviors). Only individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 are eligible to participate.

Participation in this study is expected to take between 75-90 minutes. At the end of the survey you will have the opportunity to enter your email address for inclusion in a raffle for a first prize of a $250 amazon.com giftcard or a second prize of 1 of 5 4GB iPod Nanos (a $150 value).

Due to the nature of the experimental design there is a chance that you may feel slightly uncomfortable answering some of the questions. We would like to remind you that your participation in this project is entirely voluntary. You may skip questions that you feel uncomfortable answering at anytime without any penalty to you as a participant. Your decision to discontinue participating before the end of the study will not result in the penalty or loss of benefits to which you may otherwise have been entitled.

Risks
Some of the questions involve information about illegal behavior. We have made great efforts to protect your confidentiality, but there is a small possibility of a confidentiality breach. Please read the section below on confidentiality. Given the sensitive and illegal nature of some of the topics, you may feel slightly embarrassed when answering some of the questions.

Benefits
While we anticipate no direct benefits to you, others may benefit through the contribution you make to increased knowledge about factors that influence personal characteristics, emotions, and decisions to use various drugs.

Confidentiality
All information obtained in this study is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law. In addition, the Institutional Review Board and University or government officials responsible for monitoring this study may inspect these records.

It is important for you to know that questionnaire data will be collected via www.surveymonkey.com. While we do not anticipate any problems associated with using this service, there is always some risk of a confidentiality breach associated with using the internet. In order to ensure your privacy and confidentiality, all of your responses will be coded with a subject ID number. We will not obtain your name nor any information that might directly relate you to the subject ID number or identify you as a participant. The one exception is your email address, which we will give you the option to provide should you like to be involved in a raffle for a prize upon completing the survey. We will immediately separate your email address from the rest of the information when we download the data.

We will take every step possible to ensure your confidentiality, including limiting access to Surveymonkey data only to those individuals necessary to conduct the study. All data collected online during this study will be stored in a password protected account and any data obtained in the laboratory or downloaded will be secured in locked filing cabinets or password protected computers. After a period of seven years, all materials will be destroyed.

Contacts
If you have any question about the study, please contact Nicholas Van Dam (518.445.5533 or [email protected]) or Dr. Mitch Earleywine (518.442.4836 or [email protected]), Department of Psychology, University at Albany, Social Sciences 369, Albany, NY, 12222.

If you have any questions concerning your rights as a research participant that have not been answered by the investigator or if you wish to report any concerns about the study, you may contact the University at Albany Office of Regulatory Research Compliance at 518-442-9050 (toll-free 800-365-9139) or [email protected].

link to survey

Survey link no longer working - tronica

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone done this one and has any comments?

It's a particular long one! They do offer some raffled incentives though. And a rather interesting topic.

Seems like the link is dead. Perhaps survey is closed? will look into it!

^ IMO, yeah, MDMA is great for treating depression, but only short term. I used it A LOT in a short amount of time (I'm talking like every other day for 3 months) because I was so depressed and I thought it solved my problem. But the reason I used it so often was that the day after I would be SO much MORE depressed/suicidal. You know, crying for no reason, needing to stay with the people I rolled with for the following 24 hours because I couldn't stand to be alone and no one but them understood me anymore (or so I thought because of the X).

Also, after a month or so, and then for awhile after stopping, I developed ADD symptoms like I never experienced before.

So yeah, I would love if there was a pill that made me feel like I did on MDMA just constantly and without frying my serotonin neurotransmitters...

IMO; you didn't use it in the right set and setting for it to make a more permanent impact on your life.. it'd be near impossible to use it in the right way without having a trained (and good) psychiatrist that was familiar with how MDMA affects the psyche.