• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Boric acid

Small_town_casual

Bluelighter
Quick question for any that are more clues up with cutting agent boric acid (magic fish scales)

When washing up will this be washed out or will it rock up?

Looks like the acetone wash will Not remove it:

Boric Acid Solubilities:
Solubility: in glycerol 17.5% at 25 deg C; ethylene glycol 18.5% at 25 deg C; in methanol 173.9 g/L at 25 deg C; in ethanol 94.4 g/L at 25 deg C; in acetone 0.6% at 25 deg C; ethyl acetate 1.5% at 25 deg C
[Schubert D; Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. (1999-2011). New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; Boron Oxides, Boric Acid, and Borates. Online Posting Date: 15 April 2011] **PEER REVIEWED**

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+@rel+10043-35-3

There is unfortunately no clear uniformly agreed description of what "washing (up)" entails. Most people probably associate it with acetone washes.

Anyway, boric acid should react with sodium bicarbonate by forming soluble sodium borate. If you just boil off the water, the water-soluble salts are obviously going to remain on your crack rock (so it would essentially be freebase cocaine mixed with sodium chloride, borax and excess sodium bicarbonate).

If you separate your chunk of crack from the water, most of the borate ions should remain in the watery phase; however, crack-making is still a relatively crude process when compared to a "proper" freebase extraction using ammonia and ether, so even the world's nicest hunk o' crack would still contain a significant amount of impurities. However, impurities in crack are generally much less of a risk factor than suffering chemical burns and/or chronic lung inflammation from breathing in ammonia, blowing up your "lab" with ether fumes or setting yourself on fire a la Richard Pryor (turns out that caustic and explosive volatile substances should not be handled without proper training and equipment, and especially not by people impatiently fiending for their next hit of base).

Last edited:
Cheers, not that I wash it or ewt was just our if curiousity as I’ve seen it in a lot of flake recently. I’ve alwaus called it washing/washing back when rocking it up, but no worries, thanks for the info

Quick question for any that are more clues up with cutting agent boric acid (magic fish scales)

When washing up will this be washed out or will it rock up?

I say this having seen it done. The magic washes up provided you don't use too much. At a 1 part coke 1 part magic ratio it still washes up. The rock has a kind of yellowy tint to it after.