• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking pot after wisdom teeth removed

mtop2036

Bluelighter
Got more teeth pulled. Yay.

Anyways for my last 2 wisdom teeth pulled out on thursday. Upper and lower right side. On the instructions from the dentist it says no smoking for 48 hours. But last time I got a tooth pulled from a diffren t dentist he said 4 days.

It's been over 72 hours. Would it be okay to take a light hit? I don't plan on even putting my lips on the pipe, just gonna try to gently inhale. Think it'll be okay?

If you're not sucking you'll probably be ok, but I wouldn't chance it personally. Don't want dry socket.

If you're not sucking you'll probably be ok, but I wouldn't chance it personally. Don't want dry socket.

I'll probably wait until morning which would be about the 90 hour mark. Although both holes are still bleeding a bit so idk.

I had all my wisdom teeth out and smoked pretty much instantly and never had 'dry socket. I wouldn't advise it, smoking constricts blood vessels and could plausibly slow down healing time. I personally experienced nothing of the sort.

If you can vape, that is probably a better idea, and if you can gently rinse the mouth afterwards, I think you might get away with smoking 72hrs post op. Ymmv of course.

This thread should probably be in the cannabis forum.

I wouldn't recommend it. Dry sockets don't seem worth the risk and my understanding is it's the negative suction caused by sucking/inhaling that can pull the clots out, which is why you're not supposed to use straws either.

I uhh couldn't wait and ended up taking dabs out my nose, which thinking back probably wasn't any better than just smoking. So I looked like a goon for a bit lol

I had all my wisdom teeth out and smoked pretty much instantly and never had 'dry socket. I wouldn't advise it, smoking constricts blood vessels and could plausibly slow down healing time. I personally experienced nothing of the sort.

If you can vape, that is probably a better idea, and if you can gently rinse the mouth afterwards, I think you might get away with smoking 72hrs post op. Ymmv of course.

This thread should probably be in the cannabis forum.

THC dilates blood vessels... smoking dries your mouth out though. Fuck, even vaporizing CBD dries your mouth out like hell.