• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any fellow endometriosis sufferers?

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I apologize for the long post. I am a proud BL member looking for assistance from the community I trust most. Of course, I am not asking for medical advice, merely your experiences and/or thoughts.

My wife has suffered from severe endometriosis type symptoms for approximately 15 years. She was diagnosed with endometriosis about 10 years ago through physical examination only, no laparascopy was performed.

10 years later her symptoms have become severe. She is unable to work. She suffers from severe abdominal pain, ibs type issues - chronic diahhrea and vomiting, as well as migraines. Yesterday she underwent her first laparascopic procedure. It took approximately 4 hours. Severe endometriosis lesions and implants were present throughout her abdomen, connected to her bowels, as well as an ovarian cyst.

She is currently recovering from the procedure, using oxycodone IR 5mg q4 hrs, ibuprofen 600mg q6 hrs, and cannabis. Otherwise she does not take any narcotic medication or any medication to treat endometriosis symptoms other than long-time and chronic cannabis use, which has proven beneficial.

She has tried a variety of hormone therapy treatments in the past and while they do suppress the symptom of chronic pain, they all cause severe side effects such as nausea/vomiting and migraine.

The surgeon that performed the procedure is her gynecologist and we will be following up with her soon.

Are there any fellow Bluelighters that suffer from this disease? What have you found beneficial in its management? Especially when hormone therapy is not an option. Medications? Supplements? Diet? Exercise?

I'll add that I suffer from chronic pain due to a congenital spinal deformation and subsequent degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and muscle atrophy all in the sacral joint. I have been using kratom for about 5 years daily in doses of 15 - 60 grams consistently and have found it effective for pain management in the absence of opioids.

Again, I am not seeking medical advice. Only your experiences and support!
Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond.

Last edited: