• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can suboxone or naxalone block codeine and if so how long until

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I can dose my codeine?

I may have been having suboxone or naxalone, or both build up in my system the last couple weeks, its a long story but I think its mostly out of my system but just in case I would like to know the longest it can last in my system

Naloxone has an elimination half life of 1-1.5 hours, so should be out of your system after 5-7.5 h (rule of 5 t1/2)
Buprenorphine has an elimination half life of 20-70 hours and has slow receptor kinetics, meaning that it'll stick to your opioid receptors for a long time. Going by the rule of 5 t1/2 and an average half life of 35 h it'll take more than 5 days

Wow 70 hours thats insane is their anything you can take to speed it up?

Anything used to try and speed up the metabolism would probably be worse then just riding out the couple extra days. Many isoenzyme inducers aren't pleasant.

Drinking something acidic might speed up excretion.

And normally you can feel some effects of other opioids before everything is metabolized and excreted. But keep the respiratory depression in mind

The way most of us ascertain this sort of empirical data is, sadly, through trial and error. Although we can definitely give you some basic advisement on this stuff (thank you to Kleiner for the Pharmacokinetic info), I definitely wouldn't use our estimates to take anything to the bank. That goes both ways, but it's obviously more important to not induce precipitated withdrawal than it is to waste a dose of Codeine.

My advice to you is to hammer out the math. Once you do all of that math, take into account your dosages, the time spent on them etc. you will still be left with an essentially shaky estimate of when you should or should not dose your Codeine.