• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Change Hysingla (Hydrocodone ER) to Instant

scottstheone

Greenlighter
How can I change a Hysingla into an instant release easily? I'm 65 and ran out of my Instant Release pills 1 week early, and desperately need to do this to get out of pain so that I can function, i.e., take a shower. FWIW, I've been on pain pills for 15 years and have a high tolerance.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
1. Dissolving whole pill in Coca-Cola for 24 hours. Results: It was not dissolved, but was a big gummy blob which I swallowed along with the coke. It didn't help or work.
2. Cut up pill into 16 pieces with a pill cutter. It seemed to work a little, but not much.
3. Sledge hammer. Result: Couldn't even crack it.

PROBLEMS I'VE HAD:
1. Removing coating. The pill is hard to hold on to, even with needle nose pliers. It's also too slippery to hold and scrape with a pocket knife.
2. Crushing into fine powder. I haven't found anything in my home capable of doing that.

NOTE: I'm in too much pain to go out and buy something. So I'm hoping someone here can recommend something that I can use that I already have in my home to defeat the abuse deterrent. I'd also prefer to take it by mouth and not heat it, if that is possible to get instant relief.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
They are a pain in the a**... I know.
Best I could ever hope for was removing the binder half (as best I could) and eating the rest.
Sure there may a long drawn out scientific process but is it all really worth it?
That binder made me physically ill when I too two whole.

Yes, it is worth it for me. I just cut 2 of them up into about 50 pieces with a pill cutter with the coating on. I then put them in a microwavable bowl and let them microwave for 5 minutes. Nothing. They didn't even change colors. I took the bowl out of the microwave, forgetting to grab oven mitts, burned my fingers, and dropped the bowl on the floor, ruining the bowl and both pills. Oh, well.

Scott, I really hate to say this, because I know you asked for my help directly in another thread, but the preparation/destruction of Controlled-Release pills is not something that we typically do. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but it's just not necessarily an issue that directly concerns HR. You can totally correct me if I'm wrong, but beating the mechanism is a desire to get more of a "kick", right? Again, no harm done, it's just not something that we are really into.

Since the advent of "OP Oxycontin" years ago, people have been devising methods of varying difficulty and efficacy in an attempt to make the pills instant. Basically, I would hit up Google and if I'm not mistaken, the methods designed for usage on the OP's can probably be used on these as well. One very important point:

While we are definitely not in support of "Just Say No" drug policy, the issue of injecting these new and improved Controlled-Release pills is a serious one. We absolutely cannot advise injecting these. It really is so unsafe. The argument is that "Just Say No" will just push the user into further dangerous behavior, but the problem is that I feel the practice is inherently dangerous. I don't believe there to be a safe, acceptable or advisable way of doing this.

I'm not referring to you OP. It's just an important point to make. It devastates me when peers tell me that they or a loved-one has lost a limb or their life just because they wanted an instant release.

Keif, I don't know what "HR" means, but I'm not trying to get a "kick" out of them. I just want pain relief. Further, I have never, and would never inject any opioid, and agree that is not safe. I googled before I came to this forum, and found many posts about making IR pills out of the tamper-proof Oxycontin, but couldn't find any info about turning Hysingla ER into IR; and wondered if the same method could be used. The posts I found while googling suggesting using coke, lemon juice, vinegar, dremel tool, etc. all seemed to come from this forum. That's why I thought it would be OK to post this here. Anyhow, thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

I hear you man and I understand that it's a frustrating situation. I hope you understand that I'm not judging you in any way for having a want/need/desire to get high. I'm also not even trying to say that this is the only reason someone does something like this. I can only imagine there are others who disagree with what I've said here, but I just feel that this is at what I would call my "comfortable limit" in terms of endorsing or not endorsing a practice.

The thing is, that even if you are doing this for what you and I both would probably consider a legitimate purpose (analgesia), it's at the very least, highly unsustainable if we're speaking statistically. If you were to get habituated to the practice of breaking these down for injection, then say, destroy all of your veins, you would be left with a destroyed vascular system and the same problem you started with.

These are all totally hypothetical man. I support you either way in being healthy and happy, but I want you to know that this decision comes from my heart, as a fellow Opioid addict and not out of some bureaucratic nonsense. I don't want to see you get hurt or be in an even worse situation than you are now.