• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valuim and codeine

Magicblackstarlol

Greenlighter
So is mixing low level valuim (10mg) with 350 mg codeine phosphate a safe combo ? Just would like something to chill out with once the codeine buzz has gone

Imo mixing opioids and benzos is always a bad idea, as both are CNS depressants and can lead to respiratory depression. While 10 mg diazepam isn't much 350 mg codeine is (I guess you have a tolerance?). As this is a harm reduction forum pretty much everyone will tell you to not do it as it's not safe and not worth risking your life.

If you insist on combining both take really low doses of both and slowly work your way up. And only do it if you have someone you trust around who can give you some naloxone in case of an overdose and can call an ambulance (as naloxone has a rather short half life it's possible for you to slip back into the OD once it wears off, so calling an ambulance is still mandatory)

Imo mixing opioids and benzos is always a bad idea, as both are CNS depressants and can lead to respiratory depression. While 10 mg diazepam isn't much 350 mg codeine is (I guess you have a tolerance?). As this is a harm reduction forum pretty much everyone will tell you to not do it as it's not safe and not worth risking your life.

If you insist on combining both take really low doses of both and slowly work your way up. And only do it if you have someone you trust around who can give you some naloxone in case of an overdose and can call an ambulance (as naloxone has a rather short half life it's possible for you to slip back into the OD once it wears off, so calling an ambulance is still mandatory)

I'm with Kleiner. The dosages that you're playing with are definitely not setting off any alarm bells or anything, but like my colleague has noted, you always must approach the combination with caution. The drugs are obviously dangerous in their own right, but you also have to consider the fact that Benzodiazepines will disinhibit you in general and might provoke you into taking more drugs than you had originally decided to while not intoxicated. Just food for thought.

Hello yes I have always had a high codeine tolerance , I take 400 mg often thanks for advice , yer I did thing mixing them wouldn?t be a good idea.