Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help with DPT

Brobrak

Greenlighter
Hey guys New here don?t see where create new post.. but now on here I got
from friend 300mg of dpt In hydrochloride salt can I just eat that and swallow and it works? Or I need to smoke or something

Hey there. DPT dpoes work orally but isn't often used that way. I'll let some others chime in, but 300mg is probably too high, even orally. DPT is typically used vaporized (but you need to convert it to freebase first), snorted, plugged (rectally administered) or sometimes, eaten, but the dosage varies with each form, as does the duration and intensity. There are people here with experience with DPT, but I am not one of them.

You need to measure your dosage, and then you're probably going to want to sniff or plug it. You could swallow it, but the dosage is very high taken orally so most people don't do that - it works best through other routes of ingestion. Sniffing seems to be the most common. If you want to vaporize it you should convert the HCl to a freebase.

For more info check out the Big & Dandy DPT thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...andy-DPT-Thread-(Part-3)-So-bright-this-light

Good luck!

DPT dpoes work orally but isn't often used that way.
According to one trip report in TiHKAL, you need huge doses when consuming DPT orally, but it also lasts a lot longer (12 hours).

DPT is typically used vaporized (but you need to convert it to freebase first)
It works "OK" when smoking the DPT HCl salt, but some parts of it burn - DPT wasted, bad taste of the smoke and bad for the lungs. Converting it to freebase DPT should work a lot better, but I haven't done so yet, because (i) I was too lazy, and (ii) snorting DPT HCl gives me amazing trips anyway.

If you want to absorb it via the lungs, you aren't limited fu freebasing and vaporizing. You can dissolve it in a medium like propylene glycol (not sure which vape juice ratio is the best carrier) then nebulize it at a sub vaporization temperature. You could also dissolve it (maybe in isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, or acetone?) then soak it in inactive dried plant matter like cornsilk or mint, dry it, then smoke that. Pyrolization by this method is much more forgiving and less lossy than when using an oil burner. I haven't found it necessary to freebase when using a tryptamine to enhance leaf in this manner.

My one experience with DPT is with enhanced leaf, and it worked quite well, well enough that I don't think I'll even venture back to that space again. ?

Okay so here’s my question.. I did some research and it says dpt is analogue of dmt.. but like dmt u need to mix with a maoi to work? Or is that only because it’s in freebase.. like can u make dmt
into a fumerate salt of hcl salt and then take it without a maoi and work. Also what is diff in layman’s terms between those two salts and freebase and wud taking dpt In freebase Orally work too or just in those salts.. Lol sorry for questions trying to understand

*reread that it is
actually a homologue of dmt.. I’m trying understand what difference is between homologue and analog and how dpt is related
to dmt like what that means :)

It doesn?t need IMAO to work. If you add an IMAO, it turns way more potent, so you would need less amount. Plug and snort seems like the most sensible routes. Do you have somethig to accurately weight it?

It doesn?t need IMAO to work. If you add an IMAO, it turns way more potent, so you would need less amount. Plug and snort seems like the most sensible routes. Do you have somethig to accurately weight it?

*MAOI in english ;) No need for an MAOI, I wouldn't mess with adding an MAOI to the mix, too many variables.

Homologue is like a cousin. They are different molecules, but the molecules are very similar to each other. You could look at the pictures of the molecules (try wikipedia or psychonautwiki. It's like the difference between a coyote and a fox - they are related but different species. They end up affecting your psyche in different ways.

I do not suggest oral. Results with oral dosing seem inconsistent. I have not personally attempted it because I feared wasting what little I had. If you do take it orally please let us know how it goes but I suggest avoiding that ROA. Most people that have used it more than myself say IM is more gentle and the proper way to go for breaking through but again I do not suggest that ROA because it requires use of a needle and without proper technique you could be setting yourself up for infection. My personal rule of thumb is to never involve needles, mainly because I'm scared of them but also because I do not trust myself to use them properly and fear that I might start attempting to IM/IV other substances if I ever started.

My experiences with DPT used the following ROAs: Snorting, Plugging, and smoking/vaping freebase.

-Snorting: Snorting is how I broke through. For consistent dosing I would suggest this ROA. It's very hard on the nose and the drip is awful and will distract you during the first part of the trip but it seems to be the safest way to breakthrough without involving needles. I can't give dosing advice but I will say this: I would keep it under 100mg for your first time. If seeking the full breakthrough prep your dose and split it into at least two lines or four small lines. Time will become meaningless very quickly. While DPT doesn't have a very long duration compared to other substances I've taken while you're in the middle of it you'll find yourself questioning if it'll ever end and thinking it has been working on your for far longer than reality. 20 minutes can seem like hours. Also, once you come-up it'll rocket to peak almost instantly. If you're interested here is a trip report I wrote about my breakthrough: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/776463-(DPT-120-140mg)-First-time-I-am-a-mouse-among-giants

-Smoking: As said before convert it to freebase and smoke/vape it like you would with DMT. Smoking the salt does work but you will waste a good bit of material and it's very harsh if you don't convert it to freebase first. This ROA is good for working up to a proper dose. I never broke through with smoking because I was a bit scared of it by the time I started attempting this ROA and was seeking sub-breakthrough doses. It's easy to go too fast and get too out there with this method and you'll know instantly. I suggest using a lightbulb/methpipe if you're going to go with smoking the material. Just take it slow and leave a good 10-15 minutes between attempts. Keep the doses small as well. Don't attempt to breakthrough all at one time.

-Plugging: I did this ROA in the hopes of avoiding the problems with snorting. The material did burn a bit and I quickly abandoned my attempts using this ROA. I didn't have much material to work with at this point and was mixing it with MXE. I don't have much advice with this ROA beyond that sadly.

No matter how you attempt it be very careful with DPT and show it the utmost respect. It will bite you if you disrespect it. It's nothing like DMT and you will/can be up and mobile during the experience. During my breakthrough being inside seemed to put me in a bad mindstate even though I was in a setting where I normally had a good time. DPT seems to be better in nature (at least for me) and I would suggest doing it outside on a warm day in a place where you don't have to worry about being around anyone else/the public. DPT isn't a substance you can really control either. You're going to see and think about things that may scare/bother you. For me the experience always showed me bad things about myself and provided me with a lot of things to work on/change about myself. I do not consider DPT to be a substance I could ever do just for fun or on a whim. DPT is for serious work and exploration of your own psyche. That said, there is a good side to it near the end of the trip where you can obtain a state of peace similar to where DMT tends to put me. Every experience I had with DPT was like having lighting bolts thrown at me by God himself. It has a heavy body load that causes your entire body to vibrate/spasm. This can be a bit worrying even if you're expecting it. Every time I took it I would almost instantly question why I'd taken it and would usually swear off all drug use for some time afterwards. It's instantly self-limiting.

One last thing: DPT has a very religious vibe to it. If you don't believe in God you might find yourself begin a devout follower of religion very quickly. This is normal and has been the experience of most people I've spoken with that were atheists going into the experience. Keep an open mind and don't be surprised if this happens to you as well. There is a good reason why certain churches consider this substance to be the flesh of Christ.

Set and Setting are more important with this substance than any other substance I've taken. Do not take it in a party environment or casually the first time. Make sure you're in a safe place, make sure you trust the people you're with. I would actually suggest not doing it with a group and would limit it to just a trusted trip sitter. I did it alone when I broke through. You'll be able to take care of yourself even if you breakthrough and if you're a private person like myself you may not want anyone around to see you during the actual trip. The wisdom on BL is to always have a sitter though and it's probably a very good idea if you aren't experienced with other substances. Just make sure you *really* trust them because you're going to bear your soul during the peak to whomever is nearby at the time. Make sure your sitter is aware of this and the fact that the body load caused by DPT can induce full-on body spasms. Your back may arch and you will find yourself unable to control your body at some points especially when you're first coming up. It's like electricity is running up and down your spine. I laid in bed for a long time just attempting not to shake and couldn't stop. I ended up having to direct that energy into something else. I found that walking/hiking out in nature really helped to calm down the body load.

The drip smells/tastes like burnt rotten pussy. Your nose will burn badly if you snort it. Do not be surprised if it bleeds a bit too. Mine had caked up blood in it the next morning. The drip is distracting for sure. It isn't as bad as snorting a 2C substance but it's close to that type of pain. I still think that's better than involving needles but I've heard from people with more experience than myself that using the IM ROA avoids some of the body load. I still would suggest not involving needles even with the horrible drip/body load. I don't think you can tame DPT no matter what ROA you use.

All that said: I would repeat the breakthrough. DPT basically saved my life. I would have probably ODed on opioids a long time ago if not for that breakthrough many years ago. DPT also caused me to accept religion into my life which has made me a better person. I'm a better person for having done it. I'd be content with never attempting it again. I may use it 2 more times before I die but I don't plan on taking it again any time soon.

Best of luck. I hope this was helpful in some way.

Last edited:
Ive broken through on dpt tvice aswell a few lighter experiences in some combos.

In lower dosea dpt was very nice, extremely deep and sharp with dark twisted overtone.
However the breakthroughs were pure terror.
I just saw archons that tried to create as much fear in me as they could.
Not a fun time bit very interesting and hardering.

I had no concept of archons or whatever you call these entities at the time.
But after reading about interdimensional parasites that eat fear i found a good description.
But they looked very real and were very aware that i could see them.

Probably wont touche dpt again though..
If I knew a good dose for a mellow trip i would.
But its just to much hit or miss for me.

Not to highjack, but i see a lot of people suggesting snorting it, is it also suggested to snort MET? I heard MET is a more recreational version of DMT, but I read on here that smoking it leaves this nasty taste in your mouth for like a week.

I don't mind snorting DPT but when I tried snorting MET it was pretty painful. Maybe it depends on the batch though. The MET I got two years ago was brown and chunky. It looked like dirt. I just got some again and it looks better so maybe this batch will burn less to snort. I vaporized some of the MET I had before and I don't recall it tasting too bad. I plan to try MET and DPT orally, first separately then combined if they are reasonably potent.

In lower dosea dpt was very nice, extremely deep and sharp with dark twisted overtone.
However the breakthroughs were pure terror.
I just saw archons that tried to create as much fear in me as they could.
Not a fun time bit very interesting and hardering.

I had no concept of archons or whatever you call these entities at the time.
But after reading about interdimensional parasites that eat fear i found a good description.
But they looked very real and were very aware that i could see them.

Interesting, I saw these as well but I've struggled to find the proper word to describe them for many years. I've always called them "demons" but after searching for art of Archons what I saw looks very similar. They were popping out of everything: The TV, the walls, the floor, the bed. I was instantly fearful of them and they seemed to be feeding off my fear. When I stepped outside into nature they were nowhere to be seen and my trip went from bad/fearful to very peaceful/good. Amazing that you're reporting seeing them as well.

By chance, where you in a bad place in your life at the time? I saw them in a room where I'd been taking opioids to run away from my problems for years. I've noticed that my life has improved a lot since getting out of that environment.

That's fascinating. I've never had entity contact, personally. Except one time I saw a ghost on 2C-I and it interacted with me (and my non-tripping partner also experienced it).

Art of Archons seems very similar to what I saw, it looked like these things coming out of every part of the room:

Archons-defeat-1030x541.jpeg

They had defined faces and would pop in and out of reality very quickly. At first it was hard to focus on them but as I got to the peak they become very defined. They looked other worldly and this picture doesn't do them justice. They are what I mentioned in my trip report of "being evil, warning me of evil, or just fucking with me". They seemed to feed off my fear like the other poster described. I'm very interested to hear about his experience in more detail now.

I've only had entity contact two other times. Once in the midsts of an MXE hole and another time when I broke through on DMT. Both of those times were very positive. In sober life I've had odd occurrences as well but nothing on this level. Even my experiences on DMT/MXE don't compare to what I saw on DPT. I felt like these things were constant companions in my life and DPT allowed me to see them. I think they were feeding off my addiction and bad deeds and thus inhabited that bedroom with me for many years. Upon leaving that environment a lot of my problems related to depression/sleep disturbances/anger/addiction either stopped or became far more manageable.

My experience was very similar and this is eerie. Like you I am unsure if they're separate entities or a manifestation of my own mind. Since it has been many years and I've had time to reflect on my DPT breakthrough and have broken through on DMT/done other substances I've figured out that reality can be molded/changed at will. It's kinda like a computer program running all the time that you can hack/modify to screw with the output. The observer of the environment can change the environment in other words. I discovered the ability to do this a few summers ago and have toyed with the idea many times since then while sober and tripping. I'm still unable to answer the question of: Am I the dreamer and reality is just a manifestation of my own mind or are one of you dreaming and I'm just a manifestation of your mind? Or perhaps we're all part of something's dream and connected to each other on levels we can't even understand? Starting to get into odd stuff here I know, sorry.

At any rate I'm a bit relieved to find someone else that saw the same things I did. I feel like what I saw was mostly related to my opioid addiction and selfishness. I've seen similar things since then while sober upon waking from deep sleep. Recently, I saw what is described as a hag/succubus in my room upon waking from a horrible dream that I was having multiple times over the course of many weeks. It would come to be in dreams as a woman and attempt to have sex with me. It was always oddly proportioned and could change its appearance. It would attempt to come to me as various old girlfriends and my idea of the ideal woman. Upon waking from one of these dreams in mild sleep paralysis I saw it sitting on the dresser and when I noticed it it laughed at me and faded out of reality. I cleansed the house with sage that day and keep coins with the Archangel Michael by the bed now. It has not returned. Despite being much bigger than the things I saw on DPT it was only the size of a large toddler but its appearance in the face was very similar to these Archons you speak of.

I know I'm going on a bit of a tangent but my point is I don't think seeing these things is out of the ordinary and I think DPT makes it easier to sense them for whatever reason. Considering the descriptions of them are consistent throughout human history and people (including myself today) often see them without having seen art of them before I think there is something to it. As you say it doesn't really matter if they're real or a manifestation of the mind. The fear/panic state they induce is very real and they all seem to respond to the same things. I've noticed they go away when the name of God is invoked no matter in what form (it seems to work no matter if you're Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or whatever else). I've been able to get them to leave me alone by cleansing the room or simply invoking the name of God/Jesus. They do seem to return every now and again when I'm weak/depressed but I've become more able to ward them off now that I know what they represent.

Strange thing is I'm not a devout follower of religion by any means however the more I study various religions the more I'm coming to find out that these things have been with humans for a very long time and seem very interested in us for whatever reason. I'm hopeful that one day science will get to the point where these things can be explained but I doubt it'll happen within my life time.

Thanks for replying.