• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Promethazine dose with codeine

Magicblackstarlol

Greenlighter
So I got a high tolerance and need to take max dose of codeine phosphate 400 mg ( anymore is supposed to be pointless due to ceiling effect ). I usually take 50mg promethazine with the codeine dose.

So should I take more promethazine like 100mg?
I would like to extend high without knocking myself out ...

Also do you believe there is a ceiling effect?

I have tried 400mg then a hour or late tried another 200mg with no effect ...

( please no hate on codeine , it?s only opiate which seems to give a nice high without nasty side effects)

( also I?m taking pure codeine pills obviously with fillers )

I found 25 mg to be sufficient. Promethazine dulls the warm, euphoric effect of opioids, so I never considered them to be a good combo. Just had to take some antihistamines once, as I started to get an anaphylactic shock from codeine, and the only antihistamine I've got was promethazine, so I took it. 25 mg helped very good with the histamine, and it potentiated the codeine somewhat, but not considerably. A later try with 50 mg Promethazine showed me, that more than 25 is too much. But if you don't need to take it, don't take it.

It's a matter of personal preference really. Antihistamines, although the possess sedative action, do not suppress the respiratory system to a significant degree as Opioids do. Ketamine for instance, is known to be a pretty potent sedative/analgesic/euphoriant in its own right, but actually produces negligible respiratory depression despite these sedative qualities. This is a large part of what makes Ketamine such an advantageous choice in combat medicine opposed to traditional, multi-agent anesthesia.

It's really up to you man.

Thanks I do try do background research always good to get more opinions, I read that promethazine seems to be the top rated for for boosting codiene high , all tho I read any 1st gen antihistamine works

I know tonnes about codeine not much else though lol, codeine ceiling effect is definitely real but only if you taie big doses for example through my personal trials and errors i have found taking 150 mg at a certain time then say 20-30 minutes later once your feeling this dos you can take another 150 mg but thats it then this is where the sweet spot is at anymore and it just makes you to sick to enjoy the high but if you took 30 mg every half hour you could keep topping up until you reach your sweet spot contary to popular beleif (in my experience) codeine can be redosed effectively but the main thing that effects it is the dose and I think I have a scientific explanation when your taking a retulated 30 mg every 30 minutes its easy for your body to stay on top of it and not get overwhelmed but if your shoving massive doses down your throat every 5 to 10 minutes I think the body inhibits the enzyme because its to unstable and big of a release unless you do it all in one dose which again allows your body to break it down and not worry about additional substance this is purely based on my own experiences with this drug and may not apply to you or anyone else but I like it when people share their 2 cents so i share my 2cents ��