• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Opiates, how to pace oneself when one has a large not infinite supply.

alalala

Greenlighter
Hello!
A good friend of mine is currently living somewhere else, where things are quite cheap, and has told me about a problem that they are experiencing. Apparently they buy a parcel of dope (Heroin, pret. good shit) to use throughout either the half week or full week, depending.

The problem, for them, seems to be that they are having trouble not running out and, not wanting to have things spiral out, they are asking for tips on how to maintain a consistent usage that is pleasant and keeps her functioning?

They tell me that only the first injection of their day has a strong effect at the dose the was previously settled on at about the same level of tolerance, but by the end of the day the effects of that same amount have diminished to the point where they have to fight with herself in order to keep from going way over the set amount and even the extra.

Is this just an impossible task or is there some method or potensers or other tings that can be used?

Welcome to Bluelight :)
We don't use Swim etc, including talking in third person, we know it's you. It doesn't serve any legal protection and makes it harder to read, so please edit your post.

Besides the third person issue highlighted. You're literally just describing how tolerance to addiction to dependence works. There's no way to cheat the system - you can't do both these things: keep taking small amounts and use regularly. If you try you'll quickly find yourself feeling worse and worse each day unless you increase the Intake.

You have a real chance right now to chose not to pursue this further. I would give my best arm for a do over on this decision.

If you figure out a way let us know.... In my experience it always spins out of control

Instead of aiming to get high aim to be slightly relaxed use other things for happiness like gaming, sports and walking inbetween uses its all about the natural endorphin system if you dont stimulate it through exercise, natural exercise then then your gonna get deppressed once it catches up to you.

Hello!
A good friend of mine is currently living somewhere else, where things are quite cheap, and has told me about a problem that they are experiencing. Apparently they buy a parcel of dope (Heroin, pret. good shit) to use throughout either the half week or full week, depending.

The problem, for them, seems to be that they are having trouble not running out and, not wanting to have things spiral out, they are asking for tips on how to maintain a consistent usage that is pleasant and keeps her functioning?

They tell me that only the first injection of their day has a strong effect at the dose the was previously settled on at about the same level of tolerance, but by the end of the day the effects of that same amount have diminished to the point where they have to fight with herself in order to keep from going way over the set amount and even the extra.

Is this just an impossible task or is there some method or potensers or other tings that can be used?

Hey alala! This is quite the tricky situation, I know. I'll be straight and tell you that there is no easy solution to the problem that you're facing. Feel free to speak in the first person though, it's easier for us to understand you and no doubt easier for you to express yourself as well. If you happen to be in Saudi or a Gulf Council state, then I would probably continue talking "about your friend".

I was never able to find an effective means of not consuming too much drugs. It's pretty much the ultimate paradox. I believe that there could be some effective means of doing this, but I have yet to find any. Each possibility has a caveat that inevitably makes it not feasible.

They sell medication safes that only distribute a set dose per day and the rest is locked. But then you could just unlock or break this safe open

Use scales, just measure out a dose that gets you where you want to be and stick with it. The first morning hit is always the best (unless you miss).

Once that dose stops getting you high, it's up to you whether you bump up your dose slightly, or continue on that dose just so you don't get sick, or it's time to quit.

Having a legit medical reason to take opiates is the only one I can think of that actually makes sense to me. If you need them for their pain killing properties, I figure you'd at least consider harder before engaging in overconsumption. Not advising anyone to break a leg here either. The logical thing to do would be to calculate how big doses you can take if you need to dose twice a day for example, but the addict thing to do is to exceed these doses and take more of them anyway. After all, "there's so much of it anyway, why not bump up the dose just a little this one time?" "Damn, I must have partially missed the vein or something, so this one doesn't count, gotta fix me another one to correct this dosing regime..." you know, right?

Just as a warning, unrestrained supply is how I wound up with a 1600-2400mg daily IV oxy habit. Still drives me insane I could have been a multimillionaire. $2m up my arm in the 8 years I had ridiculous supply. Net at wholesale too, not gross/end street.

Tolerance is a one way ratchet and there's no stopping that train. If you're using every day, it's going up. You're not going to have the willpower to not take more when you're sitting there not high because of tolerance and have a large supply in front of you. And there *is* a ceiling for full agonists too (and you'll find it when your daily habit is measured in grams), not being able to catch a nod period no matter how much you shoot is the path to madness. I wound up saying those exact things FnX just mentioned all the time. There's just no way an addict with substantial supply works out well.
MAYBE if can limit yourself to just weekends or something. Every day, no, not good when you have deep access.