• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

CT girl new here

CTgirlygirl

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!! I have been a long time reader of this site and decided it was time to come into the light and sign up properly. I am 25 from the central CT/ Hartford area. My drugs of choice are opioids (percs, oxy) and weed and occasionally Coke if I can find it. I suppose you could say I am a light user since I only use low doses of pills a few times a week but I also smoke weed every day usually nighttime to relax and fall asleep. Please feel free to reach out to me to say hi or chat or any questions. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Have a great day!

What's up CTgirlygirl, Welcome to Bluelight!

We have a big opioid crowed here so you'll fit right in. I saw you post in N&SADD regarding fake pills, and think that you signed up at the perfect time. I know you said you don't use high doses and only use sparingly but with so much garbage product going around it feels nice to be apart of a community that has such great support systems for recovery and just life in general. That said, what are some of your hobbies outside of drugs?

See you around,
madness00

Welcome girlygirl - I'm new here too - I'm glad I signed up and hope you feel the same - been a reader on and off for a couple of years and finally jumped to signing up since my cervical spine issues surfaced a month ago and now being treated with Percocet, and other medicine that is non-narcotic.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. You are right I am really concerned about the fake pills issue. I just buried a good friend from high school a few months ago.

My hobbies are pretty limited since I work and have 2 young kids. Life is hectic and I am lucky to have an hour or 2 each day to have some me time. Which generally involves pills, weed, music, and Netflix lol. I feel like I am in control of my use mostly because I use small amounts and haven't felt a tolerance and need to go up to higher mg. But of course I am aware of the ways addiction can creep up.

No one would guess I am a drug user and I don't really have anyone in my circle of friends that uses anything besides occasional weed. So here I am looking to make friends and hear others stories.

And what a great place to do just that. I think you'll find a lot of interesting people here on Blue light.

Greetings from your neighbor, Massachusetts!

... You are right I am really concerned about the fake pills issue. I just buried a good friend from high school a few months ago.
Sad. They say there is nothing can be done....
Loosing friends, family or just a bud/aquaintment from a fake product is unnecessary and giving opiates/oids an even worse stigmata. Fent is the cause of these accidental ODs but they blame it on other sh** and create another substance 10 times stronger. Not sure what the end-game is with all this "crisis/epidemic" but other than taking needed meds from those who need them and making it easier for those/us who self medicate; I see no change.
Not saying there are no actual overdoses from dumb or forgetful use... but there have been some smart, responsible and upbeat people I have know from this BS that are now gone.
Makes it worse when the pressers think it's funny and only care about profit....

Edit:
... I don't really have anyone in my circle of friends that uses anything besides occasional weed.
My problem is I have no one to smoke with after I get off work....

Last edited: