(MEGA) The Current Site Bug/Technical Issues Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is that a log of?

It's the developer console in Safari - you can see a list of errors and warnings in the logs, see what's not loading.

I just thought to try disabling AdBlockPro and the 'what's new?' tab immediately started working again.

'VB 4 Default' setting working fine for me. All symbols, buttons and writing is back in its' place.

Every error message I'm picking up from the site is via images/aria/

But at the moment, most of those images are loading correctly for me, just a few getting 404s.

I made a backup of aria back in November because I was trying to make a dark skin (looked rubbish, way too hard). I'm pretty sure I didn't fuck it, but I could try and load the backup.

Every error message I'm picking up from the site is via images/aria/

But at the moment, most of those images are loading correctly for me, just a few getting 404s.

Can you tell if the ones coming thru are cached or not?

I made a backup of aria back in November because I was trying to make a dark skin (looked rubbish, way too hard). I'm pretty sure I didn't fuck it, but I could try and load the backup.

Didn't work, but at least I didn't break it I guess.

Maybe I'm way behind here but when I go into the control panel > smilies > smile manager the frown/confused/wink/etc smileys are completely missing, whilst some of the other ones remain. Instead of seeing the wink I just see the text ;). Same for post icons.

The forum index is working for me again :). But the lounge is still only accessible by the new posts button.

Can you tell if the ones coming thru are cached or not?

I'd say quite a few of the 404s are being smoothed over by relying on the cache, as you can see many more fails when I clear it:

TXVUDm1.png

I had working reply box symbols with Aria 4.1.1.12-ADS since 12-22 until an hour ago, while logged in, right after this:

k0KnAse.png

For the last week the same link i've been using for years now sends me to a webpage about lighting fixtures.

I tried googling bluelight and clicking that link for the homepage but it also sent me to the lighting fixture webpage

Anybody has seen strange behaviour of the Internet..in general? That Jan 11th patch was foreseen by some as likely disruptive to those who's ISP's do not have their DNS servers up to code, using DNSSEC, I've used a tool from grc.com and found a quicker than the 2 default dns servers in my router a long timee ago and picked one that was the most secure and sported DNSSEC specs. I had no idea of the things ICANN were doing in the background, I only learned of that org when some people were going batshit insane about the US giving their last "ownership" of the internet to the UN (I have issues with that too, but it's a rock and a hard place situation to me). I just followed Steve Gibson's (the guy who owns grc.com) applications...they always have been quite useful, especially that disk repair tool way back in 2000. It's now quite lame as it was already taking hours to scan and repair bad sectors on a 80gb hard drive.

More things have stopped loading for me (like the banner at the top). And the console's telling me that there are "too many redirections" for: http://www.bluelight.org/i/l/misc/spacer.gif

"This might occur when you open a page that is redirected to another page, which is then redirected to open the original page"

"If a webpage redirects too many times, it might have been set up in a way that is causing a redirect loop. In that case, the owner of the page will need to correct the issue."

Yeah, I've seen a lot of stuff fail to load and only provide the spacer.gif.

Also, if I load this page in httpS mode, the quick reply is greyed out. If I load in http mode, it works fine. Go figure.

For those wondering, the recent downtime was to move the site to a different cloudflare account that we can control. This means we can look into some of those errors and actually address things now. Small steps toward success. Many more steps to go.

Yeah there's not much visible left for me on 4.1.12-ADS now:

8bjaUwm.png

We have enabled the "Default vB" style, if you prefer to work within that for now (go to the bottom left of any page and there is a pulldown to choose styles. Default is out of the can, whereas all the others are derivatives of Aria and share the broken image problem. We've worked on the Aria missing images, and nearly half the smilies are back, and most of the edit buttons But you'll need to flush browser cache to get rid of the broken img thingy and have it start showing the true images again. Give it a whirl, gimme your thoughts.

Yeah that was just an FYI, I'm fine with the default style mate. Clearing cache again didn't fix things for me, it made it worse, now all there are are blank boxes everywhere lol.

And really, given that the plan is to replace vB, in all honesty it's probably not worth investing much effort sorting out the image loading issue. I mean, if things don't improve, maybe just switch to the default for everyone as standard?

Good suggestion, I'll do it and make an ANNOUNCEMENT to explain since not everyone is reading this thread.

= = = = =

FWIW, I'm now getting logged out as well, "Remember Me" or not.

Not only is the BLUA link down, but The Bluelighter FAQ's and Greenlighter Guide as well. All at wiki addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.