• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi, young opioid/opiate addict here

casket

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple years now and thought I'd finally join. I'm 18 years old, I work in a restaurant, and I'm currently applying to art school. I've been an addict my entire life, always going from addiction to addiction.

I've never found myself physically addicted to anything but my mental addiction is very strong and has enabled me to be addicted to things not normally associated with the condition (for lack of a better word). Nowadays, I wish I were still addicted to weed because May last year I started taking opioids to escape my depression (chronic, but also due in part to post-concussion syndrome at the time). Needless to say my drugs of choice are any opiates or the like and I am mainly here for advise regarding such.

Hello casket :)

That's brave of you to come here a an addict, looking for advise. I do suggest you check out The Dark Side and Sober Living for addiction support.

All in all, Bluelight is a very non-judgmental, family like forum. I hope you continue reaching out for support and could maybe call this place home - a place to be real and unwind from the day-to-day stressors.

Good luck, and welcome to Bluelight!