• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nitrazepam tolerance - Is it quick?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I recently acquired some Mogadons (Nitrazepam) from a friend who sells all of the popular benzos, lucky me I guess? I'm not so sure lol.

My question is I'm using the Nitrazepam for insomnia and it works brilliantly but my main concern is dose escalation. I've been taking 10mg every night for 5 days. Should I take a break from them to stem tolerance?

Yes absolutely take a break. I wouldn't recommend taking them more than 2-3 times per week at the most, the less the better. And not just from the point of view of tolerance and the risks of developing quite severe (and dangerous) withdrawals, but also because they harm sleep architecture (prevent you from sleeping deeply) even though they knock you out. And long-term use of benzos has been linked to numerous harms later in life, including an increased risk of developing dementia. So please be cautious and careful, and try to avoid using them regularly :)

OP, I would definitely encourage you to familiarize yourself with the effects of Benzodiazepines, both acute and chronic. Overuse, addiction and dependence are common. I am in no way implying that this is you, but I just believe that it's better to go into these things armed with all of the knowledge that you can get.

If you are only taking one dose of Nitrazepam (Mogadon) at night, it's probably possible to maintain what you are doing for a fairly long time. There are certainly folks who take hypnotic drugs every night. The Z-Drugs like Zolpidem (Ambien) actually seem to be effective long-term for certain people. The problem, as you already mentioned in your post is dose escalation and increased frequency of use. If you begin taking more, your tolerance will grow and the drugs will in turn not be as effective as they once were.

So, case in point, I could endorse what you're doing with confidence so long as you're able to do something like 5 days on - 2 days off and you do not escalate the dose.

OP, I would definitely encourage you to familiarize yourself with the effects of Benzodiazepines, both acute and chronic. Overuse, addiction and dependence are common. I am in no way implying that this is you, but I just believe that it's better to go into these things armed with all of the knowledge that you can get.

If you are only taking one dose of Nitrazepam (Mogadon) at night, it's probably possible to maintain what you are doing for a fairly long time. There are certainly folks who take hypnotic drugs every night. The Z-Drugs like Zolpidem (Ambien) actually seem to be effective long-term for certain people. The problem, as you already mentioned in your post is dose escalation and increased frequency of use. If you begin taking more, your tolerance will grow and the drugs will in turn not be as effective as they once were.

So, case in point, I could endorse what you're doing with confidence so long as you're able to do something like 5 days on - 2 days off and you do not escalate the dose.

Yeah I took 3 days off with no ill effects or any form of withdrawal so I guess I'll carry on with that regime. I'm prescribed Oxycodone IR 120mg a day for chronic pain as well. So I need to be extra careful!