• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propylhexedrine ( I know, I know... This has probably been posted umpteen times)

AnonyTails

Greenlighter
Just curious, I have used Benzedrex a couple of dozen times and was curious if anyone else has slowly noticed a decline in how it hits from time of ingestion to peak... I have been recently prescribed a multitude of other prescriptions and was curious as to someone with a bit more knowledge than little o me... I have been prescribed WelButrin and Depakote... Would these meds have a negative impact on the positives of [h=1]Propylhexedrine[/h]
Not ness the Depakote but more so on the WelButrin.. I have abuse the welbut an got super gacked but wasnt able to focus on anything while tweaking on welbut.

Opinions or facts...
Hit me.

I would expect both to reduce or at least modify your subjective experience.

The depakote most potently, by enhancing GABA levels in the brain, and also dampening excitation directly.

Bupropion has a number of different outcomes depending on how it's taken (the period of time, concurrently, with or without other drugs etc), but you'd expect it to interfere with neurotransmitter release/reuptake as it has been shown to with methamphetamine.

Hey Anonytails! You're right that we certainly have had a lot of different threads regarding Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex) pop up over the years, but I think there might be some light to shed on this. Firstly Valproic Acid (Depakote) possesses a wide range of potential side-effects. Are you new to this medication? If it's not a new introduction, I wouldn't expect it to just spontaneously producing previously unnoticed side-effects, but it could happen.

I think there could definitely be something in the fact that you're also taking Bupropion (Wellbutrin). Bupropion is a Substituted-Cathinone and possesses many effects that drugs like Methcathinone or Amphetamine also produce. Bupropion has found a small community of abusers who report an effect similar to Amphetamines when used by ROA's alternative to oral i.e. insufflation, which is common.

Chemically, I'm sure that it is much more complicated than I am making it out to be, but I consider both Bupropion and Propylhexedrine to be in a similar class owing to the fact that they are both mild CNS stimulants that are occasionally abused, but typically shunned due to unwanted side-effects. Some folks think they're fun, but ultimately, the negative "body-load" that both produce cause users to shy away.

I'm sure that there's a certain level of cross-tolerance, whether subjective or not.