• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going Cold Turkey on Ritalin (Methylphenidate)

oxyladron

Bluelighter
Hi guys, I've been using Ritalin (insufflated) for about a month, on a daily basis of 60mg (30mg in the morning, 30mg in the afternoon). Sometimes I've abused, used like, 100mg on a day with some hours (2 or 3) between the 50mg dose. But okay, I've had a breakdown because of a familiar trouble that hitted me so fucking hard that I used about 300mg divided into random doses and didn't sleep for four days. Now I'm back to my "normal" daily dose and I made a promise to my best friend that was very worried with me abusing it that I will try to stop (and because my money is running low so I can't afford buying it). So, I'm in my daily dose of 60mg divided as I said, but when those pills end, that's it. I'm gonna be without it and I'm kinda worried about something happening because of it cause some months ago I was abusing Xanax for several months, not for high but I have a big resistance to benzos and I have to sleep (2mg, ???? per day) and then I went cold turkey because I had do travel and seizured in the middle of the street. So I don't want this to happen again, hahahah.

What are the risks of going cold turkey on Ritalin? Even if I know that I'm not using for a period of time like that Xanax episode, I still worry about some side effects that can happen when the pills end.

Thanks for everyone!

Stimulant withdrawal is very different from depressant withdrawal (such as Xanax). Stimulants cause psychological addiction rather than physical dependence. You're still likely to feel like shit mind you, and suffer from psychological cravings, but the physical symptoms you'll feel are more to do with lack of sleep, nutrition and hydration. The good thing about stimulant withdrawal is that you can sleep - a lot. You're likely to feel weak, depressed and unmotivated for a while, but make sure to eat properly, drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep. As you've suffered benzo withdrawal before, this should be a breeze in comparison.

Stimulant withdrawal is very different from depressant withdrawal (such as Xanax). Stimulants cause psychological addiction rather than physical dependence. You're still likely to feel like shit mind you, and suffer from psychological cravings, but the physical symptoms you'll feel are more to do with lack of sleep, nutrition and hydration. The good thing about stimulant withdrawal is that you can sleep - a lot. You're likely to feel weak, depressed and unmotivated for a while, but make sure to eat properly, drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep. As you've suffered benzo withdrawal before, this should be a breeze in comparison.

Oh, man. This post hugged me in a way, hahahah. Nice to know that I won't SEIZURE but just feel "depressed" (and I'm on Pristiq). But thanks for the advice, dude. Really helped to calm me down.

Stimulants don't cause the hellish withdrawals that alcohol, opiates, or benzos cause. When I don't take my prescribed Adderall, the overall feeling tends to be more along the lines of just feeling a bit more sluggish than usual, in somewhat less of a good mood, somewhat irritable, etc. I can't imagine a seizure or anything like that, but keep in mind that the stimulant withdrawal varies a lot from person to person. While I've never had anything noteworthy happen as a result of not taking my prescribed stimulant, some people do get nasty withdrawals from it. Not physical symptoms like opiates, but some people do get severely depressed and an extreme sense of sluggishness. It depends on the person.

well heres the craic,,been abusing shit outa ritalin for only 3 weeks mostly plugging,,best roa by the way,,the withdrawals are very dangerous,,i mean server agitation serious anger ,,,depression agitation like no other no motivation depression and craving ,,and thats the truth ,,i swear only 3 weeks on em ,,had no idea oh plus sickniss diarreeaa

well i can tell you its basically the same as coming off of regular coke use... expect to feel like you're missing somthing,and expect your energy levels on day 1-3 to be lower than anything you can imagine

My experience with Adderall withdrawal - but it is different than being a reuptake inhibitor, addy is an amphetamine that has reuptake inhibiting ability aswell as being a dopamine force releaser aswell as norepherine.
day 1 and 2 after using HEAVY amphetamine doses for 3 weeks were pretty damn bad in terms of almost having no energy to take a piss, i did triple my opiate doses on day one and double them on two after that it wasn't really much to think of, once you go through real opiate withdrawal any other wd is pretty straightforward and you get through it as best you can.

but when i don't go through all my coke in a week that i usually buy to last the month, i get hella bad cravings for a few days when i run out if i don't get myself anymore, but binging on cocaine is probably alittle worse than ritalin lol. expect to feel abit shitty, but it won't last too long, so no worries there but that shouldn't encourage you to use it time and time again just because it doesnt have terrible wd like opiates do, atleast you're not abusing an amphetamine like addy is all i can say, it gets out of hand pretty quickly if i can say so myself.